Speculation: Jimmy Hayes Hearing Trade Rumors

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I’m conflicted.

The Rangers have a ton of depth on the wings, so it would make sense for them to trade for Tkachuk and possibly Byfield. You get a Top 6 Left Wing who makes you tougher to play against, and a potential Franchise Center.

Still though, how often does the #1 overall get traded? Just take the pick and run.

If there was ever a situation where it makes sense to trade it though, it's NYR, especially if the return on top of 3 is Tkachuk.

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
If the Sens had the #1 pick and the Rangers offered #3 and either Kakko or Fox, the Senators would tell them to go kick rocks.

The Rangers reject #3 and Tkachuk pretty quickly and easily.

Reactions: RangerSeth

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
The Gaudreau one I threw up in my mouth.
Brad Traliving, if he made that deal, already has his bags packed and f*** you email typed up to his bosses.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Brad Traliving, if he made that deal, already has his bags packed and f*** you email typed up to his bosses.

Brad "Chayka" Treliving?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
On the Missin Curfew Podcast, former NHL’er Jimmy Hayes says he’s heard a few trade rumors.

- Ryan Danato to Nashville
- Gaudreau and something else to Philly for Voracek and Ghost
- NYR 1stOA pick for Brady Tkachuk + 3rdOA

To my knowledge Jimmy Hayes has never broken a trade so take it for what it’s worth. However he works out with Danato every day, his brother plays for Philly and both Jimmy and Kevin are close friends with Gaudreau, and Brady Tkachuk is his cousin.

edit: Jimmy followed this up by saying that’s a lot of money going back to Calgary and there would have to be a juicy prospect going back to CGY.
He also said he heard this from somebody who is connected to a lot of national league GM’s.

Bigger news is Jimmy Hayes retired, he's always played retired, but he's now also retired officially.

Also, those rumors are god awful.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
If the Sens had the #1 pick and the Rangers offered #3 and either Kakko or Fox, the Senators would tell them to go kick rocks.

To be fair, Kakko's first season didn't leave anybody drooling. I like that he recognizes it went very, very bad and wants to work on strength, speed and his overall play. Kakko seems dedicated to make sure his sophomore season goes much better. Tkachuk, came into the league and turned heads right away with his play.

Erep

Jul 17, 2019
Laf is not even gonna be better then pastrnak so why would the bruins do it ?
He just explained why. Because you are trading for Laf, 5.8m cap space, and an extra protected slot in the expansion draft.

(I don't necessarily agree because Pastrnak is on a discount contract already, but that is the reasoning.)

WeatherBeaten

Mar 4, 2019
I agree that it would be a steal for the Flyers, but boy does that leave them tiny on the wings in the top 6 (Giroux, Konecny, Gaudreau, maybe Lindblom adds some size if he is healthy, but Farabee and Laughton as other options aren’t big guys). If you can get a Gaudreau for that (which I don’t think they can) I guess you have to take it and run and figure out how to add some size and grit elsewhere.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC

Id accept if it was Kakko. Frankly it would help Ott. You get a potential goal scoring machine and a potential stud at 3 who is a C which Ott desperately needs.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I would imagine it would have to be a big something else in terms of contract value going back to Philly, maybe Lucic?

Gaudreau (2yr 6.75M)
Lucic (3yr 5.25M)

Voracek (4 yr 8.25M)
Gostisbehere (3yr 4.5M)
Morgan Frost

Both teams dump bad contracts.

Flames add a legit top line power forward, a PP QB to replace Gustafsson, and a solid C prospect.

Flyers get their hometown superstar winger that elevates them to a legit contender, and pick up a physical playoff veteran for their bottom 6.

Does either team do this?

Not that I think the rumor is ok for Calgary, but the Flyers can’t trade Frost unless they know Patrick is 100% or they get a center back. It’s obvious that was their biggest issue, 3C and 4C. Since a lot of teams need centers and no one has a cap space it’s best the flyers don’t do anything, let alone Patrick and Frost are going to be good players if healthy.

HyPnOtiK

Aug 21, 2007
Philadelphia, Pa
You can't even say that Gaudreau for Voracek and Ghost does nothing for Calgary. That is such a debilitating trade that it would probably set back the team for 5 years. We take on more salary for older, worse players. The equivalent of trading a silver dollar for two subway floor quarters
That wasn't the full rumor, also added was a top prospect.... if that prospect is a morgan Frost or Cam York, Calgary easily wins the trade.

HyPnOtiK

Aug 21, 2007
Philadelphia, Pa
I would imagine it would have to be a big something else in terms of contract value going back to Philly, maybe Lucic?

Gaudreau (2yr 6.75M)
Lucic (3yr 5.25M)

Voracek (4 yr 8.25M)
Gostisbehere (3yr 4.5M)
Morgan Frost

Both teams dump bad contracts.

Flames add a legit top line power forward, a PP QB to replace Gustafsson, and a solid C prospect.

Flyers get their hometown superstar winger that elevates them to a legit contender, and pick up a physical playoff veteran for their bottom 6.

Does either team do this?
I'd be very upset at this trade even if Lucic wasn't added.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad