Speculation: Jimmy Hayes Hearing Trade Rumors

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
On the Missin Curfew Podcast, former NHL’er Jimmy Hayes says he’s heard a few trade rumors.

- Ryan Danato to Nashville
- Gaudreau and something else to Philly for Voracek and Ghost
- NYR 1stOA pick for Brady Tkachuk + 3rdOA

To my knowledge Jimmy Hayes has never broken a trade so take it for what it’s worth. However he works out with Danato every day, his brother plays for Philly and both Jimmy and Kevin are close friends with Gaudreau, and Brady Tkachuk is his cousin.

edit: Jimmy followed this up by saying that’s a lot of money going back to Calgary and there would have to be a juicy prospect going back to CGY.
He also said he heard this from somebody who is connected to a lot of national league GM’s.

Last edited:

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
You can't even say that Gaudreau for Voracek and Ghost does nothing for Calgary. That is such a debilitating trade that it would probably set back the team for 5 years. We take on more salary for older, worse players. The equivalent of trading a silver dollar for two subway floor quarters

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
In the long run, I’m not sure there will be much of a difference between Tkachuk and Lafreniere.

Even if there is the only thing that will stick to this trade in the long run is that we traded a core piece (either #1 or #2 depending on how you view chabot) because we didnt want to extend brady

Reactions: Morrison

Jun 15, 2007
Gaudreau for Voracek and Ghost would be one of the worst trades in history.

I would do Tkachuk +5th OV for Lafreniere from an Ottawa perspective.

Reactions: Morrison

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
It would be very hard for me to watch if we trade Tkachuk, regardless of the fact that I think that trade is bad value.

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
Jimmy Hayes is actually cousins with Brady Tkachuk, so it's interesting to see him throw out that rumour

Highly doubt that would actually happen though.

He's the second cousin of Keith.

It's very possible they have never even met outside of hockey.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I don't

Not enough of a premium to move the #1 overall

This is a Franchise altering trade.

you don't do that for "fair" value.

Rangers are in danger of having to much invested in the wings. The #3 could give them the #1 center they need

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I don't

Not enough of a premium to move the #1 overall

This is a Franchise altering trade.

you don't do that for "fair" value.

I don't apply as much value to "#1" unless the player in question is a franchise transforming talent. I like Lafreniere, but I can't put him in that category. In this scenario the Rangers get a top six forward with upside/jam/leadership qualities as well as one of Byfield/Stutzle. I think that's a great haul.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Jun 15, 2007
Can I just point out something obvious here?

Players don't know they are being shopped. If the trade falls through then you have a disgruntled player.

The fact that Hayes is buddies with these guys makes these rumours less likely, not more. He's probably just trolling his buddies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad