Post-Game Talk: Jimmy Eat World

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
By the way i keep seeing this narrative that "Zibanejad sucks at even strength" and thats his biggest problem. No, he also sucks on the powerplay too now.

He just plain sucks, period.

One f***ing (PP) goal in 2024, and it was a garbage time goal vs Vegas when they were getting blown out.

What a loser.

Remember when the raging debate here was whether Zibanejad was really a 1C disguised in 2C clothing?

PEPPERIDGE FARMS REMEMBERS.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Just want to come out and say I was wrong about Timo Meier last year. Got paid and stopped showing up. Devils will regret having that contract on the books forever.
It's not even a thing where he's just obscenely snakebit, either.

His underlying numbers legitimately caved.

He just hasn't been a good player since coming to the Devils.

Reactions: McRanger92

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017

His only contribution in the series last playoffs was the Rangers letting him sit on Igor's head all series with no pushback, until Trouba gave him plastic surgery when his first offseason art class was already booked.

lilphildub

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2009
I get that zibanejad has been bad this year but anyone else feel like he’s just having a bad year?

Last year he was really good with a disappointing postseason. This year he’s got a new coach, newborn at home, stuck with Kreider and struggled. But all of this talk of trading him and him being the worst 1C since Erik Christiansen seems to be another case of what have you done for me lately. Convince him he’s playing the flyers every night and maybe he’ll get back on track. I’d give him at least another year before seriously considering a trade. Panarin seemed to have similar haters in the beginning of last year until he picked it up.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I get that zibanejad has been bad this year but anyone else feel like he’s just having a bad year?

Last year he was really good with a disappointing postseason. This year he’s got a new coach, newborn at home, stuck with Kreider and struggled. But all of this talk of trading him and him being the worst 1C since Erik Christiansen seems to be another case of what have you done for me lately. Convince him he’s playing the flyers every night and maybe he’ll get back on track. I’d give him at least another year before seriously considering a trade. Panarin seemed to have similar haters in the beginning of last year until he picked it up.

I've been critical of him but I feel like he has looked better these 2 games since the break. The PP is just completely out of sync and I think its more an issue of Kreider being so one dimensional recently. 1 shot ATTEMPT in 8 games on the PP. Unacceptable.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York

That would make sense if he was getting really unlucky or was playing hurt/ losing a step, but he’s just playing like an idiot.

He finished last season horribly and didn’t even have a kid yet, if he decided this is how he’s going to be playing from now on, it’s nit going to get any better.

And it doesn’t look like the useless coaching staff is going to lift a finger to address it in any way.

lilphildub

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2009
That would make sense if he was getting really unlucky or was playing hurt/ losing a step, but he’s just playing like an idiot.

He finished last season horribly and didn’t even have a kid yet, if he decided this is how he’s going to be playing from now on, it’s nit going to get any better.

And it doesn’t look like the useless coaching staff is going to lift a finger to address it in any way.

I’d rather someone playing like an idiot than slowing down because his body is breaking down. Improving mentally can be fixed with coaching and life being less stressful. He’s had games where he looks physically fine and like his old self. Just a bad year. Also, how do you address his bad year? I’d want him to be split from Kreider but the other option is putting Brod as the first line center and I don’t think he’s capable. Chytil being hurt makes it tough

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Relying on your 39 year old goalie to hold opponents to 1 goal a game is definitely a sustainable cup winning strategy.

Wins and losses don’t even matter anymore, we’re pretty much guaranteed to make the playoffs. If certain players don’t start playing better we’re going nowhere once we get there.
The overall structure has also been better and that 39yo goalie hasn't been asked to stand on his head, just make some timely saves that good NHL goalies should do. The last few games resemble the team that started the season 18-4 more than the team before the break. This team is not perfect and has flaws but they are better than you think. No team is unbeatable in the east. Let's see what they do at the deadline.

zlev

Dec 21, 2015

he had great underlying numbers against us in the playoffs. i think Trouba's hit might have really f***ed him up.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Jimmy Vesey, a fourth line winger, has just four less goals than our top line center. And this fourth liner gets no PP time. Mika needs to get it going.
Think Mika is looking good recently. His approach is good. Results not so much. But he’s doing good thinks. Kreider, too, for that matter. I saw him actually use his body to make space. Maybe the light has switched on. Fighting for premium real estate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad