Post-Game Talk: Jimmy Eat World

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Jimothy gets two goals, but the only one he DOESN'T score is the GWG? I don't even understand how the world works anymore...
Refs should have let the Lightning goal after the bell stay and the world would be made sense again.

Reactions: tlk

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
I keep running J Quick out there until Igor has smoke coming out of his ears. The when Allaire says he's ready we unleash him.
While I applaud the sentiment, I don't think it's a good idea. Quick has thrived BECAUSE of the playing schedule they've had him on so far....not too much and not too little....I have a strong feeling we're going to need Quick come the playoffs, so I'd be careful about burning him out.

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
While I applaud the sentiment, I don't think it's a good idea. Quick has thrived BECAUSE of the playing schedule they've had him on so far....not too much and not too little....I have a strong feeling we're going to need Quick come the playoffs, so I'd be careful about burning him out.

Igor better win tomorrow night against Chicago. Because if not.... woof!

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008

So based on the, "If I was alone in the forest, I'd be dead" part of this, it might have been really really bad. The way his leg bent, you hope it wasn't some kind of compound fracture.

I feel for the guy. That's raw emotion in that social media post. I hope he comes back strong. He covered his face because he was no doubt crying but also in f***ing physical agony, I bet.

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
I feel for the guy. That's raw emotion in that social media post. I hope he comes back strong. He covered his face because he was no doubt crying but also in f***ing physical agony, I bet.

My pops was impervious to pain: he had broken ribs and he thought it was a really bad cold, saw him ding his finger good with a hammer only to throw the hammer into his other hand and keep nailing away.

That's until I saw him break his tibula and fibula. His shin was pretty much just flopping away. He didn't cry but I never witnessed someone go in and out of conciousness like that.

Wouldn't be surprised if Serg was both distraught and just that much in pain.

• Wow
Reactions: will1066

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
My pops was impervious to pain: he had broken ribs and he thought it was a really bad cold, saw him ding his finger good with a hammer only to throw the hammer into his other hand and keep nailing away.

That's until I saw him break his tibula and fibula. His shin was pretty much just flopping away. He didn't cry but I never witnessed someone go in and out of conciousness like that.

Wouldn't be surprised if Serg was both distraught and just that much in pain.
Your dad was Ryan Lindgren?

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Yes, it's much better to overlook winning 3 in a row, the last 2 against good teams who were playing well, and bitch bitch bitch.
Relying on your 39 year old goalie to hold opponents to 1 goal a game is definitely a sustainable cup winning strategy.

Wins and losses don’t even matter anymore, we’re pretty much guaranteed to make the playoffs. If certain players don’t start playing better we’re going nowhere once we get there.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
By the way i keep seeing this narrative that "Zibanejad sucks at even strength" and thats his biggest problem. No, he also sucks on the powerplay too now.

He just plain sucks, period.

One f***ing (PP) goal in 2024, and it was a garbage time goal vs Vegas when they were getting blown out.

What a loser.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Jimmy Vesey, a fourth line winger, has just four less goals than our top line center. And this fourth liner gets no PP time. Mika needs to get it going.

What's funny is that with the amount of chances he's had this year he could have a half a dozen more goals.

If he wasn't a winger, I'm sure they would have found a way to incorporate him into the top 9. Frankly he's under deployed a little bit with Goodrow and Pit.

Also- Kreider has been ice cold for a while now. NYR really need to him score at least 30-35.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad