News: Jim Rutherford: Penguins offered "a lot" for Fleury, tried to acquire him in October

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
We saw zucker play eith both sid and geno and struggled. I would not say it was a sample sample size. This goes right back to the Montreal series last year. Zuflcker for sure has been worst bang for the buck of the pens forwards. Players like bleuger tanev and ZAR have performed much better and his advanced stats are horrible.

Again, everyone struggled in the MTL series. I'm not holding it against a new player when the whole team was struggling and I wont hold it against him a handful of games this season

Last year he has 12 points in 15 games playing on 2 seperate lines.....Not too shabby

As I said this year everyone played like shit the 1st handful of games including our stars, half the fanbase was ready to unload Geno. Ill take Zuckers history and pedigree and give him the benefit of the doubt all day everyday

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
We saw zucker play eith both sid and geno and struggled. I would not say it was a sample sample size. This goes right back to the Montreal series last year. Zuflcker for sure has been worst bang for the buck of the pens forwards. Players like bleuger tanev and ZAR have performed much better and his advanced stats are horrible.

When did he play bad with Sid?

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
Imagine how scary good the Pens would have been the last few years if they somehow knew to let go of Murray instead of Fleury

Imagine how the guy feels now when in 2010 he spent 10000 bitcoins on a Papa John’s pizza.

You can’t live in the past. I bet every GM at the time would’ve made the same decision when dealing with the same cap issues the Pens had.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
This isn't about "falling out of favor", it's a bunch of guys that JR paid a ton for just being flat out busts here.

You'd have a point if this was something like Kahun, who was pretty good for the Penguins but was still dealt. Brassard was ghastly bad for the Penguins. Galchenyuk was horrible for the Penguins. Bjugstad was only healthy for 20 games and he was terrible after that. JR has consistently made trades that result in the Penguins getting bad players, and then he pays more to correct those trades. It has happened a ton.

Brassard played almost every game for the Pens with a groin injury. He could barely move in the playoffs

Galchenyuk also had a groin injury he suffered in the preseason. As far as we know, he couldn't do anything about it due to a spider bite that stopped him from rehabbing it

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
GMs aren't judged based on how great of value they get in trades, they get judged on their results on the ice.

Only does HFBoards evaluate GMs based on what kind of value they get in trades. The real world doesn't work like that. A GM who overpays for a player he wants but wins is infinitely better than a GM who gets great value for players but loses.

I think it's both.

It really depends on the situation of a team. A team in a rebuild or a retool won't be evaluated the same way a contending team is. For Pittsburgh that holds true, but not necessarily in other markets.

A good GM shouldn't get canned because he's not getting wins if he hasn't been given proper tools so that his roster results in wins.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Again, everyone struggled in the MTL series. I'm not holding it against a new player when the whole team was struggling and I wont hold it against him a handful of games this season

Last year he has 12 points in 15 games playing on 2 seperate lines.....Not too shabby

As I said this year everyone played like shit the 1st handful of games including our stars, half the fanbase was ready to unload Geno. Ill take Zuckers history and pedigree and give him the benefit of the doubt all day everyday
His poor play this season just kept going. He has been the worst pens forward bar none. You can make excuses all you want but stats back this up.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
His poor play this season just kept going. He has been the worst pens forward bar none. You can make excuses all you want but stats back this up.

I just discredited your call from last season when he had 12 pts in 15 games and you competely ignored it. Now your back to the small sample size from this season (17 games 7 points) when nobody was playing well at all. Its a weird season and there are/were many slow starts. These athletes are creatures of habit, they have a routine. That went to hell................. Hes cooked

Dont know what else to tell you, excuses-facts whatver you want to call it.

Reactions: Darren McCord

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
When did he play bad with Sid?
He's never looked bad with Sid. He looked quite good with Sid after he was acquired, placed there because Guentzel was hurt. After the Covid shutdown, Guentzel was back and went straight to Sid's hip, this despite the Zucker having looked good there and the Guentzel - Malkin - Rust line having been the best trio we had all season.

This season, Zucker has had very little time with Sid, and Guentzel very little time with Geno. I did and do wager both would look better if swapped. If only we could have all the moving parts healthy at the same time and try it.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
I just discredited your call from last season when he had 12 pts in 15 games and you competely ignored it. Now your back to the small sample size from this season (17 games 7 points) when nobody was playing well at all. Its a weird season and there are/were many slow starts. These athletes are creatures of habit, they have a routine. That went to hell................. Hes cooked

Dont know what else to tell you, excuses-facts whatver you want to call it.
You discredited nothing. Worst bang for buck among pens forwards. He struggled immensely at the send of last season. Fast forward to this season. He looked out of place, out of position and a non threat most nights. He got a try out on both top lines and didn't make much of a difference. He has 7 points in 17 games !!!! A minus 5 player...like come on.... dig deeper into his advanced stats and they are brutal. A similar player in expected value would be Kapanen and the difference is night and day.... I would be shocked if zucker isn't dealt before the deadline, although now they may be forced to keep him due to the injuries.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
After he failed with Geno they have him a trial run with sid this season here and there. Not to mention the god awful Montreal fiasco.

ummm the whole montreal series he was with malkin. that was the issue.

he played less than 2 mins with crosby this year :laugh:. Dont make up stats.

He was almost a ppg with sid last year and has proved to be a great winger for him in that time. The coach has yet to try it again since. When he plays more than 30 seconds with sid in game this year you can let me know.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
ummm the whole montreal series he was with malkin. that was the issue.

he played less than 2 mins with crosby this year :laugh:. Dont make up stats.

He was almost a ppg with sid last year and has proved to be a great winger for him in that time. The coach has yet to try it again since. When he plays more than 30 seconds with sid in game this year you can let me know.
Yeah yeah its all Malkin....geno is the reason zucker crapped the bed.... oh wait then they tried him with sid and it was even worse.... who does zucke4 need to succeed??? Mcdavid??? In 17 games this season he has 7 points was was a non factor not bad for a 4thbline or AHL guy but for a guy playing on one of the top 2 lines centered byb2 future hall of famers, its laughable. Now Malkin has played much better without zucker, we know this. Who was dragging who down??? Again I'll be surprised if Burke doesn't send him packing for some grit

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
oh wait then they tried him with sid and it was even worse.... who does zucke4 need to succeed???

Dude do you even read things or just continue to make up stats and quotes? He was never tried with sid this season. Do you want me to post the less than 2mins of ice time so you will stop saying it? Will that help?

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Saying the Penguins tried Zucker with Crosby after Zucker failed with Malkin this year is a factually incorrect statement.

There's no other way to put it. It is just a flat out lie that anyone can disprove with looking at Naturalstattrick for 20 seconds. They literally never even had a game of that duo playing a minute together. It's like 1 shift in 6 games, that's it.

Honestly I don't think he exist in this reality :laugh:. Stats apparently aren't real for this argument.

Reactions: 3ladesof5teel

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Yeah yeah its all Malkin....geno is the reason zucker crapped the bed.... oh wait then they tried him with sid and it was even worse.... who does zucke4 need to succeed??? Mcdavid??? In 17 games this season he has 7 points was was a non factor not bad for a 4thbline or AHL guy but for a guy playing on one of the top 2 lines centered byb2 future hall of famers, its laughable. Now Malkin has played much better without zucker, we know this. Who was dragging who down??? Again I'll be surprised if Burke doesn't send him packing for some grit
Seems like someone likes living up to his username. ;)

If Burke wants some grit, the Oilers offer Kassian. It's a bad trade for the Penguins, but one that Burke might consider if he really doesn't like Zucker.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Seems like someone likes living up to his username. ;)

If Burke wants some grit, the Oilers offer Kassian. It's a bad trade for the Penguins, but one that Burke might consider if he really doesn't like Zucker.
Well its all true and stats are stats.... Burke will pursue Bennett first..

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Well its all true and stats are stats.... Burke will pursue Bennett first..
Some of your "stats" have been shown incorrect though, but I'll leave that be. As per the bolded, he will. But he also likely knows that he can get Bennett for fairly cheap. I wouldn't expect Bennett+ for Zucker by any means. I'm thinking Bennett for a mid round pick (3rd or later) is the best value he will get now. Zucker has shown scoring ability in the past, he will go for more than that.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Dude do you even read things or just continue to make up stats and quotes? He was never tried with sid this season. Do you want me to post the less than 2mins of ice time so you will stop saying it? Will that help?
Dude...nobody is making anything up....17 games played....7 points...minus 5. Played on 2nd PP unit .. there's an all star right there.... his advanced stats put him in the bottom tier of the pens forwards...this wasn't a one or 2 game trial run, this dates bavk to the end of last season. He was ineffective everywhere he played and eith everyone he played with. His struggles have been well documented on other pens forums and even the NHL network mentioned it prior . Was he injured????

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad