Confirmed with Link: JG Pageau Signed 2 year 1 way deal

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Well, he is on pace for 39 pts right now, and the way he played lately and with the Turris injury, it's almost a lock that he gets over 40 pts THIS year.

Another success we developed. Too bad we are the farm of the NHL!

This is one of the few times I disagree with you in this respect that I'm not sure that Pageau has or will ever be more than a 30 pt player in the NHL. I'm not sure he has the offence for more than that but he's making a believer out of me. I have been wrong about Pageau since the day they drafted him & I will probably be wrong again about him so my opinion on him means very little. I'm just not sure what his future is as a centre in Ottawa with Turris, Zibanejad, Paul, White, Lazar, Chaplik & Smith all being centres in this organization & whether one of these guys will beat him out for a job eventually.

On the other hand, a couple of these guys could be moved at some point for whatever reason, changes are made every yr with rosters & that could change everything for him. I guess it's wait & see what happens by this time next season when his contract is up to see what changes are made with this team & specifically at centre with some of these players & prospects. But I will say that he has been nothing short of great this season. Not just how he has played his role well but he has replaced Turris & usurped Zibanejad as the #1 centre on this team in the last month with the help of a rejuvenated Smith & Ottawa's best forward Stone on his wings. Too bad Zibanejad, Ryan, Hoffman & others couldn't learn to play with the heart, passion, desire & determination of Pageau, the team would be so much better if they could.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
This is one of the few times I disagree with you in this respect that I'm not sure that Pageau has or will ever be more than a 30 pt player in the NHL. I'm not sure he has the offence for more than that but he's making a believer out of me. I have been wrong about Pageau since the day they drafted him & I will probably be wrong again about him so my opinion on him means very little. I'm just not sure what his future is as a centre in Ottawa with Turris, Zibanejad, Paul, White, Lazar, Chaplik & Smith all being centres in this organization & whether one of these guys will beat him out for a job eventually.

He has 32 points already this season... lol Aragorn

atmx093

STUDzle
Jul 2, 2014
Gatineau
I think he'll be a 40+ point player pretty consistantly. This is his first full season and I think we can only expect him to get better, but more than this, he's there in clutch moments and almost stopped us from losing in regular time twice (a fraction of a second late the first time around and 0.1 second from the end of the game the second time!).

Pageau's a keeper and as was said, he should be considered for a future A on his jersey.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
How can anyone not like Pageau ?

He plays smart, hard, ferocious and battles all over the ice. Solid defensively, good pk guy, good on face-offs. Ultimate team guy and scores clutch goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad