Injury Report: Jets Wounded Update

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Ehlers is the "key guy" I'd like to see back against Tampa. They are all very important, but that Ehlers is electric, and can fire up the crowd as well. Hope all are back vs the Bolts. We'll need them.

From what I've read today, and heard on sports talk, Ehlers, Wheeler, Perfetti and Schmidt will all be in the lineup for Fridays game vs Tampa. Hope it's all true.

Last edited:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Ehlers is the "key guy" I'd like to see back against Tampa. They are all very important, but that Ehlers is electric, and can fire up the crowd as well. Hope all are back vs the Bolts. We'll need them.

From what I've read today, and heard on sports talk, Ehlers, Wheeler, Perfetti and Schmidt will all be in the lineup for Fridays game vs Tampa. Hope it's all true.

That is so much change to the lineup at one time. I hope there isn't too much rust.

Reactions: hn777 and GNP

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
That is so much change to the lineup at one time. I hope there isn't too much rust.
I was thinking the same thing myself. If they all come back at one time, in the same game, they may have some non game play rust, and their timing may not be there. Hope all works out, and it's a nice problem for the Jets to have, that so many guys are on the cusp of returning.

I would think we'll likely see 2 of them, and I think Ehlers and Schmidt -- but who knows for sure. We'll find out at game time. Possible as well -- all 4 play ??

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Glad we are getting healthy kind of all at once. Let’s see what this team can do in January now.

Reactions: GNP and hn777

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Eyssimont on waivers today so you'd have to believe at least one player is back tomorrow. Has anybody else been sent down today?

Reactions: hn777

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Has there been any practice signtings for Ehlers? About his skating? I'm paranoid he lost some of his ellite speed after the hernia operation.

Last edited:
Reactions: GNP and hn777

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Has there been any practice signtings for Ehlers? About his skating? I'm paranoid he lost some of his ellite speed after the hernia operation.
I was thinking the same, that maybe Ehlers would lose some speed and agility, and I hope not, as that's what makes him elite. I do feel good tho, that his operation was a minor one, because at first he wasn't expected back til Jan. 25 - to Feb 26, so maybe he had a really seuccessful operation, and a minor hernia problem, if there is such a thing ? He does say he feels really good, so maybe we see the Ehlers we had before -- "with all his speed" and great moves. May take some time as well. I guess we'll all be watching.

Last edited:
Reactions: hn777 and Jetsfan79

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Did they ever say what was wrong with Stanley? Was it the foot again?

Nothing specific. LBI, and crickets. Great height + hockey often = a certain generalized ricketiness.

Tree fell in the forest -- and no one heard.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
So we know that Apples is still a month or so away. Any ideas on Big Sak or Big Stan?

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
So we know that Apples is still a month or so away. Any ideas on Big Sak or Big Stan?
Stanley
Dec 29th: Couples weeks away from skating
Jan 5th: Skated in practice w/ Appleton, but still were a ways away

Reactions: sipowicz

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Saw a report that Wheeler has been cleared to play much earlier than expected. Not sure if it was his plum bag or his buddy, Spike, but it must be made of metal. Great to have you back, thy skater of titanium manhood.

It was "Big Jim and the twins" in my childhood, but "Spike and the plum bag" works too :)

Benny Hill once referenced "Meat + 2 Veg", that's another fine choice.

And since we're on the topic, 100% true story:

Once in my teenage youth, I had a friend over and we were discussing how many different euphemisms there were for the, uh, male act of sexual self-gratification. And all the usual ones came up, all them poor monkeys and chickens and such. And then, a minute or so later, my dad comes back down to watch the next period of the hockey game, so we're like "oh shit" and quickly hushed up and all that, trying to restrain ourselves after discussing such a vulgar topic.

And very early in the period, Calgary gets scored on, and the head coach Mike Keenan decides he's seen enough of his starter.

And the announcer says "there's Mike Keenan pulling the goalie behind the bench again"

And we LAUGHED.

Like, I mean, "fall off the sofa" laughing. All the ones we tried to come up with, and the commentator puts us both to shame.

And my poor father who had no idea what the hell this was was about, in his best Red Forman voice, declares "Jean, your kid's an idiot!".

Oh shit, man, those were the days.

ANYWAYS.

All the beast of health to Blake. And, uh, Spike. Or Big Jim, or whoever :P

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad