Post-Game Talk: Jets win in a SO 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
Interesting that you chose them of all teams. I should have guessed based on the name. The Jets could learn defence structure from your squad.
The short answer is I ended up following Buffalo because they had Hasek in goal when I first got interested in hockey. Believe me, for the last ten years I’ve been wondering about my choice.

Reactions: johnnyonthspot

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I must be the only one that likes Sanford's game -
Not sure I would throw him out there 3on3 but he's not a bad player
Fairly nifty in an unassuming way and is very hard on the puck - I wouldn't want to play against him.
Lowry likes him because he shows up - get the rest of them to do the same and he's back to bottom 6

So then why is the one who is the worst culprit never banished from the top 6. Its always Ehlers that takes to fall because coaches don't like his game.

If it was to send a message he did a horrible job at choosing who it was directed at.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Nice win! Deserved? Don't think so, But on to TO next.

Lowry continues to adopt the same general approach as Maurice did in the last few frustrating years - that is, he plays not to lose. Seems like the plan is to essentially try to retrench/fall back and then contain. Almost every team in the League now has speedy and skilled creative forwards - let them exit their end and traverse the neutral zone with little organized resistance and you're going to be in trouble. It doesn't look like there is any discernible tactical aggressive forecheck in Lowry's game plan at all..... .Not to mention the obvious problems created by playing so much of the game in our end.

Yup, I can't stand the defeatist mindset of this coaching staff but I'm sick of talking about it. This keeps up and I want a full org reset with a fully cleaned house, management and coaching.

Reactions: AlaskaJet

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Ehlers turnovers were brutal tonight. He was really careless with the puck multiple times.

I mean the captain gave him a good run for his money in that regard tonight, as did Mr. Scheifele but you never see them held accountable for it. Hold all accountable or none, this rubbish of selective accountability is probably one of the reasons things are off the rails here.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I must be the only one that likes Sanford's game -
Not sure I would throw him out there 3on3 but he's not a bad player
Fairly nifty in an unassuming way and is very hard on the puck - I wouldn't want to play against him.
Lowry likes him because he shows up - get the rest of them to do the same and he's back to bottom 6
I like Sanford's game, but in no world should he get more toi than Ehlers, especially in 3V3. Considering we were missing our top goal scorer makes it even more of a head scratcher. It's just nonsense.

AlaskaJet

Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)
If they play the Leafs tomorrow night, like they played Buffalo tonight, the Jets will get hammered. They have to clean up their game, and not turn over the puck so much. Helle won this game for us tonight. The coach has not taken control of this team, and it shows.
What coach? The guys won it out of the dressing room! And Helly!
He should wear the “C”

Reactions: GNP

AlaskaJet

Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)
I will admit that I was clenching a little bit when Stanley was killing that overtime penalty. He did a great job for the most part though (with the exception of the second block when he just sat there for a good 5 seconds) - good on him!

I hope our new coach next year goes completely ham with conditioning and fundamentals, because these starts have just killed us all season. The importance of playing with pace - skating, passing, changing etc. - really needs to be established. Also, minutes for merit earned.
Passing! Like you say..
We need to get better at keeping our heads on a swivel before the puck arrives..
Quicker passing is the key..

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Can we get a chant for new coaches in our last game? Need to make it clear that we need to clean house.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
So then why is the one who is the worst culprit never banished from the top 6. Its always Ehlers that takes to fall because coaches don't like his game.

If it was to send a message he did a horrible job at choosing who it was directed at.
Yeah, the notion that Ehlers needs to be sent a message is asinine. Connor out and somehow Lowry decides tonight is the night to hamstring his team even further by playing more Sanford.

As an aside, lots of yapping about Jet turnovers and who's responsible, This teams puck management is abysmal and has been for a long time. They've been committing neutral zone turnovers all year and the biggest culprit is this team has almost zero structure.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Yeah, I mean technically at the microscopic level, he didn’t stop, but the intent of the “can’t stop” rule is so we don’t get goals like that where the goalie can’t possibly stop it.
A player from the other team should be allowed to chase the shooter just like it was a breakaway. Have the chaser start at the blue-line.
Or just flip a coin.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Yeah, the notion that Ehlers needs to be sent a message is asinine. Connor out and somehow Lowry decides tonight is the night to hamstring his team even further by playing more Sanford.

As an aside, lots of yapping about Jet turnovers and who's responsible, This teams puck management is abysmal and has been for a long time. They've been committing neutral zone turnovers all year and the biggest culprit is this team has almost zero structure.

Which 100% falls on coaching. This team pond hockeys its way to being close to a playoff spot. Imagine what it could actually do with an actual plan and good structure.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
Which 100% falls on coaching. This team pond hockeys its way to being close to a playoff spot. Imagine what it could actually do with an actual plan and good structure.
That was my point.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Onwards to a really fun place

Toronto

200.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events