Post-Game Talk: Jets win in a SO 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Potential

Nov 11, 2017
Yeah, all these years and not as much ice as other top players. And no PP1 time. Also I’d love to see him on PK. In the past he has expressed his willingness & experience there.
I will admit that I was clenching a little bit when Stanley was killing that overtime penalty. He did a great job for the most part though (with the exception of the second block when he just sat there for a good 5 seconds) - good on him!

I hope our new coach next year goes completely ham with conditioning and fundamentals, because these starts have just killed us all season. The importance of playing with pace - skating, passing, changing etc. - really needs to be established. Also, minutes for merit earned.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Wow, that was one ugly game...

giphy.gif

Sorry, hideous game... But the Jets made out like bandits with the win...

giphy.gif

And of all heroes, it was Wheeler with the shoot out winner...

giphy.gif

That should put a spring in his step for tomorrow night's game against Auston Matthews and the Maple Buds...

ron-jeremy-indicted.jpg

See you guys Thursday night!

giphy.gif

Go Jets Go! :hockey:

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
Sabres fan here. While I wanted us to win, and that Wheeler shootout attempt is questionable, also f*** Vegas. So good job getting two points.
Welcome. Are you from Buffalo? You got a scrappy team that could make some noise next year. And f*":& Vegas

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I don't like the way the Jets treat Ehlers, I don't know what he has done or does to be treated the way he is and Sanford playing 19 minutes on this team tells you all you need to know about the way things are run in Jet land
I don't see any issue with holding players accountable -
Ehlers and the rest of the "stars" didn't show up until mid way through the second -
Lowry plays the guys that show up.
This board (for the most part), has been calling out that slow mo, lack of effort in the Jets game all season -
especially against bottom feeders -
So the coach cuts their minutes and promotes those that put in the effort, and we pull a 180 and now it's coaching not managing the roster the right way.
Can't have it both ways

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
I don't like the way the Jets treat Ehlers, I don't know what he has done or does to be treated the way he is and Sanford playing 19 minutes on this team tells you all you need to know about the way things are run in Jet land
I’m starting to think the coaching staff hate his euro style of play. Ehlers is one of the best zone entry metrics in the league and is constantly demoted, while other players dog it out there with no accountability. F- the coaching staff sometimes.

Last edited:

Imcanadianeh

Nov 1, 2015
I’m starting to think the coaching staff hate his euro style of play. Ehlers is one of the best zone entry metrics in the league and is constantly demoted, while other players dog it out there. F- the coaching staff sometimes.
They can’t hate him that much, he has the 4th highest even strength time on ice per game played of all Jets forwards and he averages over 2 mins of PP time per game.

People around here always complain about not icing a third scoring line, well Ehlers is the guy that would be able to turn the third line into a scoring line by himself.

People only want that third scoring line of it allows them to demote their least favorite top six forward and promote their favorite bottom six forward.

Reactions: Orrrules

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Glad the Jets picked up another win. Sounds like Helle worked his magic again. Tough to lose our best skater to Covid. Had to get 2 tonight so well done and they don’t ask you how.

Reactions: Jets 31

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
Welcome. Are you from Buffalo? You got a scrappy team that could make some noise next year. And f*":& Vegas
Randomly no. I’m from New Zealand. I don’t have a good reason for why I ended up supporting Buffalo.

And yeah finally the Sabres battle and fight and dont give up. It’s so nice to see after years of rolling over and giving up.

ecolad

Nov 17, 2015
Nice win! Deserved? Don't think so, But on to TO next.

Lowry continues to adopt the same general approach as Maurice did in the last few frustrating years - that is, he plays not to lose. Seems like the plan is to essentially try to retrench/fall back and then contain. Almost every team in the League now has speedy and skilled creative forwards - let them exit their end and traverse the neutral zone with little organized resistance and you're going to be in trouble. It doesn't look like there is any discernible tactical aggressive forecheck in Lowry's game plan at all..... .Not to mention the obvious problems created by playing so much of the game in our end.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
No the intent is don't stop. He didn't stop. Kane has been doing that for years.
People trying super hard to not compliment Wheeler 🤣

It was a dirty set of dangles, and there was also one rush where he was flying with possession and a great shift to avoid contact.

Pretty everybody except Hellebuyck had a rough game but Wheeler definitely had some bright spots

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I must be the only one that likes Sanford's game -
Not sure I would throw him out there 3on3 but he's not a bad player
Fairly nifty in an unassuming way and is very hard on the puck - I wouldn't want to play against him.
Lowry likes him because he shows up - get the rest of them to do the same and he's back to bottom 6
Yeah, not unexpected but didn't take long for people to turn on him.

With Connor out why not give him a couple looks in the top 6?

Reactions: Nedarb and LowLefty

bennylundholm

Sep 7, 2014
People trying super hard to not compliment Wheeler 🤣

It was a dirty set of dangles, and there was also one rush where he was flying with possession and a great shift to avoid contact.

Pretty everybody except Hellebuyck had a rough game but Wheeler definitely had some bright spots
Lol.
The guy had a number of horrific giveaways and zero shots on goal.
The reality is nothing much to compliment him on tonight.
His OT winner was very, very good.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I’m starting to think the coaching staff hate his euro style of play. Ehlers is one of the best zone entry metrics in the league and is constantly demoted, while other players dog it out there with no accountability. F- the coaching staff sometimes.
Ehlers turnovers were brutal tonight. He was really careless with the puck multiple times.

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
Randomly no. I’m from New Zealand. I don’t have a good reason for why I ended up supporting Buffalo.

And yeah finally the Sabres battle and fight and dont give up. It’s so nice to see after years of rolling over and giving up.
Interesting that you chose them of all teams. I should have guessed based on the name. The Jets could learn defence structure from your squad.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I must be the only one that likes Sanford's game -
Not sure I would throw him out there 3on3 but he's not a bad player
Fairly nifty in an unassuming way and is very hard on the puck - I wouldn't want to play against him.
Lowry likes him because he shows up - get the rest of them to do the same and he's back to bottom 6

That is EXACTLY what people are complaining about. Do you not read? People have little issue with his overall play but the issue is him getting more playing time over much better players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad