GDT: Jets vs Wild - Xcel Energy Center - 7:00pm CDT

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
Might be in a little trouble if Buff has a regular shift and is on both PP and PK. And Little just looks uninterested tonight and pretty much all preseason games he has played.

Maybe he finds the preseason a real pain in the neck.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Yeah they can learn the PP from Vincent.
lol-jimcarrey-eww.gif

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Agreed. What do you do with those 4 players though. Can't all sit in the PB eating popcorn and drinking beer.

I seem to recall that When khabibulun was backup goalie there was video of him, during a game, eating a hotdog in the backup goalie box. Classic video for this situation but can't find

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Why were the games more serious for our opponents the last couple of nights? Buff has to get with the program and remember that he is wearing an A now. I hope what you are saying is not true, Whilee.

The Jets seem to operate preseason differently then most teams. They have 1 hour game day skates where most teams do 20 minutes. They also flew out to Manny the same day as the game which compounds the issue. It doesn't surprise me that they had no legs at the end of camp.

There are definitely some things to be a bit concerned about, but they have a week to iron the out in practice.

Let's look at some positives:

Morrissey has gotten noticeably better as TC has progressed and looks like he may be able to hot the ground running in the top 4 (Don't think many of us had pegged that)

Armia was great defensively and might just be ready to take a step forward offensively.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Its pre-season for all the other teams too.

We were largely outplayed in the games we won too. Not entirely but largely. Have not looked good in the pre-season, FWIW.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
I thought Dano was really bad tonight..... I was at the game.

Maurice liked Dano's game...he probably had a slightly better view

Maurice seemed dissapointed in the post game...my guess is Thorburn is no longer a regular. Just intuition, but I think that's why Thorbs saw so many games and tonight made it obvious he doesn't belong. Hope I'm right about that

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Is anyone worried that the Jets played Pavs in only pre-season game to make sure he doesn't get lit up and it is easier for them start with him as our goalie on the big club?

This was one of the worst games I've ever seen with all the whistles, offsides, icing call and stupid stoppages.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
The Jets seem to operate preseason differently then most teams. They have 1 hour game day skates where most teams do 20 minutes. They also flew out to Manny the same day as the game which compounds the issue. It doesn't surprise me that they had no legs at the end of camp.

There are definitely some things to be a bit concerned about, but they have a week to iron the out in practice.

Let's look at some positives:

Morrissey has gotten noticeably better as TC has progressed and looks like he may be able to hot the ground running in the top 4 (Don't think many of us had pegged that)

Armia was great defensively and might just be ready to take a step forward offensively.

Agree with the above. I think Morrissey and Armia were the breakout players of pre-season, with an honourable mention going to Tanev.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad