GDT: Jets vs Wild - Xcel Energy Center - 7:00pm CDT

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
I don't know why any of you would put Laine on the first line. He hasn't done anything to earn it yet. I'd put Connor ahead of him right now until he adjusts.
Ehlers- Scheif - Wheeler
Connor- Little - Stafford
Laine- Perreault - Armia
Matthias - Lowry - Burmi/Thorburn(unfortunately)
Though it seems like they really like Dano, so it's going to be a tough call.

I say put him on the first line to force him to adjust quicker. He's had 0 quality chances outside of the powerplay all preseason, not saying it's his linemates fault because he hasnt created anything for himself either. Putting him up with scheifele and wheeler, he won't have a choice but to get some chances. Also Little doesn't seem to have any good playmakers to play with, so I think ehlers would be good for him. When it was LLW, Little was the one who would always pot the most goals.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
So now the Jets have a 2A line and a 2B line?

Yup.

Maurice specifically mentioned Dano as having a good game tonight (along with Morrissey). Might signal that he's made the team on the 4th line. That would make me very happy.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Yup.

Maurice specifically mentioned Dano as having a good game tonight (along with Morrissey). Might signal that he's made the team on the 4th line. That would make me very happy.

It's good that they ignore that one bad play, the third goal? Mistakes happen, Toby had an idea but it needed perfect execution.

Skiffer55

Logan Stanley's Cup
Jun 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Makes me nervous that just as we seem to be putting Pavs out to pasture our 2 other much better goalies get lit up (in the preseason so it means nothing). C'mon Chevy.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
time for you to change your avatar, bud.

Heh... might still work.

The avatar was more a joke on people thinking I like Burmistrov as a fan, when really I was just pointing out that a player that looks bad but helps the team in shot and goal differentials are still helping out in those areas.

Maybe Dano now.... but no one has accused me of being biased.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
How does Laine make the first line? Are you trying to drive Ehlers out of town? I'd park Laine in the AHL.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
The strange part of this game was Beyak telling us he's giving the wife an early birthday present tomorrow. TMI.

CanWin

What happens now?
Mar 7, 2014
Winnerpeg
Send Connor and Laine down to learn the system. Start the season with what worked for us in the spring. Substitute Matthias for Thorbs.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Heh... might still work.

The avatar was more a joke on people thinking I like Burmistrov as a fan, when really I was just pointing out that a player that looks bad but helps the team in shot and goal differentials are still helping out in those areas.

Maybe Dano now.... but no one has accused me of being biased.

Careful with Dano. His sample size is still a bit low to be confident, I think.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Send Connor and Laine down to learn the system. Start the season with what worked for us in the spring. Substitute Matthias for Thorbs.

Please tell me your joking? Sit Little as well? Ice a worse team because it played garbage time,
Meaningless hockey for a short stretch well

Olsen

Jul 9, 2013
Morrissey was by far the best player during the pre-season. Excellent skater, nice breakouts and impressive on the powerplay. Really liked his game in our zone as well, even against tougher competition. He is followed by Armia, who was our best forward when it comes to all-around play. Glad to see him doing well, always liked him. Now he needs to find some consistency during the regular season.

Laine has been pretty underhwelming to be honest. He definitaly needs to work on his acceleration, it's his biggest weakness. A bit more confidence will go a long way, especially in the offensive zone. Well, at least he was not a liability in our zone.

Chevy needs to trade Trouba for an Defender or use some of our forward depth to acquire a capable one. It's a glaring issue that needs to be addressed ASAP.

Oh, and they better start with Hellebuyck in the net...

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Buff set the tone late in the second and the rest of the team followed. Dumb penalty and laughing about it reminded everyone that it's just a meaningless pre-season game.

CanWin

What happens now?
Mar 7, 2014
Winnerpeg
Please tell me your joking? Sit Little as well? Ice a worse team because it played garbage time,
Meaningless hockey for a short stretch well

I am definitely not joking. I love Connor and Laine and really want them to succeed asap, but I think they would be best served in the AHL right now.

CanWin

What happens now?
Mar 7, 2014
Winnerpeg
Buff set the tone late in the second and the rest of the team followed. Dumb penalty and laughing about it reminded everyone that it's just a meaningless pre-season game.

Why were the games more serious for our opponents the last couple of nights? Buff has to get with the program and remember that he is wearing an A now. I hope what you are saying is not true, Whilee.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad