GDT: Jets vs Rangers (Mar-6th, 6:00pm) - "Live from New York..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Red Top for sure, lol. There used to be a Fat Boy restaurant on Portage and Erin that was almost the spitting image of this place. Counter service and the whole bit.

VJ's is pretty close as well.
Yes i remember that place , tell me that if you owned a burger place like that , you wouldn't have your employees do that at least once a day , i know i would . :laugh:

Reactions: Ducky10

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Man, what a theme for this GDT. Awesome job! I grew up watching the originals in the 70's and it shaped my warped sense of humor for the rest of my life.

There are so many nuggets in your post, but I will forever think of Ehlers/Laine as Hans and Franz from now on :)

I miss the days of when comedy was just to entertain us and provide an outlet away from world events and politics.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Well at least they don't have to travel for the next game.

Beavski24

Aug 10, 2012
Calgary
I hate seing steve mason in net. I cant wait for management to give up on him... got lit up in his conditioning as well

Last edited by a moderator:

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Need this game to keep our slim hopes for first in the Central alive. We will need home ice advantage to help us get past the Preds, if we make it past the first round.

Reactions: sipowicz

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Wouldn't it be cool if Laine and Ehlers, sorry I mean Hans and Franz, would do this from the bench towards the nearest camera every game. (They would have to use Euro accents aswell, cuz we all know that in the 80s all euros sounded like a mix between Arnold and Dolph lundgreen - Every goddamn single one of them.

giphy.gif

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
In a recent presser Maurice let slip that we might see a bit of a goalie rotation on this road trip

So?

NYR - Mase
NJD - Helle
PHI - Mase (afternoon game)
WAS - Helle
NSH - Mase

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
SNL has a rich hockey history

Man, has humor changed over the decades :)

That first one really got me.

Also goes to show how big Gretz really was, I mean you seldom get hockey players on big tv shows, it's mostly, football, basket and MLB players who get that kind of exposure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zhamnov5GoalGame

Kratti

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2006
Really hope Mason doesn't **** the bed tonight. Giving Helle the occasional rest before the playoffs while also winning games would be pretty sweet.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Man, what a theme for this GDT. Awesome job! I grew up watching the originals in the 70's and it shaped my warped sense of humor for the rest of my life.

There are so many nuggets in your post, but I will forever think of Ehlers/Laine as Hans and Franz from now on :)

I miss the days of when comedy was just to entertain us and provide an outlet away from world events and politics.
Last paragraph
Amen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad