GDT: Jets vs Rangers (Feb-11th, 2pm) - "X with a Hook"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Expect the Jets to have much more jump today, they'll dominate the neutral zone and look to transition much more. They'll dictate the style today, unlike Friday when they decided to let the Blues do whatever they wanted.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
Expect the Jets to have much more jump today, they'll dominate the neutral zone and look to transition much more. They'll dictate the style today, unlike Friday when they decided to let the Blues do whatever they wanted.

I don't think they necessarily let the blues do whatever they want. The blues did a good job of clogging up the neutral zone and not letting the jets play their speed game. When the jets are healthy they can play that grindy game but they really missed Lowry for that, imo.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I don't think they necessarily let the blues do whatever they want. The blues did a good job of clogging up the neutral zone and not letting the jets play their speed game. When the jets are healthy they can play that grindy game but they really missed Lowry for that, imo.
Sure the Blues played a great game, the Jets did little to try and change their approach though, too many passengers. Agree they miss Lowry in games like that for sure.

Reactions: Jets 31

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Agree with those who have suggested that the Jets were missing that X factor from their game against the Blues. Nothing they did seemed to work against the playstyle of the Blues, which left them with three options: change things up yourself, get the Blues off their games, or continue to fail with the current system. Nobody tried the second option at any point, in which guys like Lowry and Tanev could have succeeded.

Reactions: Saintb

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I agree but Dano is stubby like Wolverine. I like Little more as Wolverine he needs to be a Canadian.

I was going with who the "breakout" star could be. I recall a GDT that had an assortment of superhero characters (including Robocop etc...) Dano was Wolverine in that one.
Thunderbird does have some similar powers (minus the best ones).

Don't let me see two losses in a row live!!!!

Reactions: Jets 31

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Ok i thought this was very funny , someone on the Rangers GDT said , Dustin Byfuglien is what i do to my car after i wash it . Thought it was funny . :laugh:

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Gambit was always my fav, you were going to be hardcore judged @Zhamnov5GoalGame on that one. Helle is clearly Gambit.

Well glad I fit him in. I stopped collecting comics in 88 / 89.
That was around the time some of the newer X-MEN were being brought in. I hated change so it took me a while to warm up to the likes of Gambit who were clearly very popular. Colossus was always my favorite.

If Mau has to get the blender out today is there ANY chance that Wheeler and Little ever end up on the same line for a regular 5 on 5 shift????

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Are we facing the King? Or this guy?

IMG_0548.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad