uKPVhxR.jpg

Cd8ayo9.jpg

D66N00F.jpg

0zA581k.jpg

srJAMn4.jpg

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
Zham lad, we don't deserve you. But we do deserve a win after what we had to watch last game against St. Louis!

Hit em with a few fastball specials!

Reactions: Jets 31

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I understand it's comedic and appreciate the hard work, but it's sometimes frustrating to read this because I just need to know the gist of things.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Carrying over the convo with @Whileee from the Pre Game Thread:

Scheifele and Wheeler have actually not been very good together defensively - below par in shot metrics. ELL has also struggled. If Scheifele and Wheeler aren't scoring and the Jets don't have the PP humming, the top-6 hasn't been as effective as they need to be down the stretch.

Yeah but in their defense they had been playing with a rookie player who had been belove average defensively and in shot metrics. They were starting to look like their old selves in the last month before Scheifele went down and were putting up shot metrics like a top line in the NHL.

I don't like replacing Perreault on the Little line with Laine. We have seen the results when those 3 players are together, they don't score much, are at best average defensively and spend most shifts buried in their own zone with little offensive zone time. Maurice had unlocked Little and Ehlers' potential by putting them with Perreault but now we are going to sacrifice elite results from that line to well below par results on the new "2nd line".

I am confident that given a few games to get back into things Scheifele and Wheeler can carry another player on their LW. I would rather have an elite "2nd line" esp in Lowry's absence and put or possibly rotate Laine, Connor and Roslovic on that top LW spot.

Just strikes me as a panic move to break up the one like that was working really well. Scheifele and Wheeler are big boys, they don't need Perreault. Sure if LSW is not working, feel free to do something, just don't break up the one line that is actually working really well.

My guide for optimizing the Jets lineup is following these rules:

* Never put 2 of Ehlers, Laine and Connor on the same line (these players have proven that they are not good enough yet to play on the same line and do the heavy lifting)
* Never put all 3 of Perreault, Scheifele and Wheeler on the same (team just can't have 3 of their best drivers on the same line unless it is done for a short stint while chasing a game)
* Little needs atleast 1 winger who can do the heavy lifting

Last edited:

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Is it just me or do the Jets get way more afternoon games than other teams in the league. Hate these early starts.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Another creative GDT thx Zham!

I will be day drinking in Mexico with a large group of fun Bobby’s celebrating birthdays. A loss would be a bit of a buzz kill. I am expecting the Jets to come out flying...... please don’t get Goalied.

Reactions: Zhamnov5GoalGame

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Carrying over the convo with @Whileee from the Pre Game Thread:

Yeah but in their defense they had been playing with a rookie player who had been belove average defensively and in shot metrics. They were starting to look like their old selves in the last month before Scheifele went down and were putting up shot metrics like a top line in the NHL.

I don't like replacing Perreault on the Little line with Laine. We have seen the results when those 3 players are together, they don't score much, are at best average defensively and spend most shifts buried in their own zone with little offensive zone time. Maurice had unlocked Little and Ehlers' potential by putting them with Perreault but now we are going to sacrifice elite results from that line to well below par results on the new "2nd line".

I am confident that given a few games to get back into things Scheifele and Wheeler can carry another player on their LW. I would rather have an elite "2nd line" esp in Lowry's absence and put or possibly rotate Laine, Connor and Roslovic on that top LW spot.

Just strikes me as a panic move to break up the one like that was working really well. Scheifele and Wheeler are big boys, they don't need Perreault. Sure if LSW is not working, feel free to do something, just don't break up the one line that is actually working really well.

My guide for optimizing the Jets lineup is following these rules:

* Never put 2 of Ehlers, Laine and Connor on the same line (these players have proven that they are not good enough yet to play on the same line and do the heavy lifting)
* Never put all 3 of Perreault, Scheifele and Wheeler on the same (team just can't have 3 of their best drivers on the same line unless it is done for a short stint while chasing a game)
* Little needs atleast 1 winger who can do the heavy lifting
I completely agree overall, though I'm a bit skeptical about Scheifele and Wheeler, especially against tougher competition. They were better when Lowry was absorbing the toughest match-ups.

Reactions: Trilliann

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
We are at home Maurice gets the last change , make the Little , Frenchie and Ehlers line the first line and Scheif , Laine Wheeler the second until Scheif gets his game back . I also wouldn't mind Morrissey and Buff together , Myers can't have too many minutes . I have liked Myers offense this year but his defense is hit and miss .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->