GDT: Jets vs. Preds - Round 2 - Game 5 - May 5th, 8:30 pm - barebones

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Wiebe thinks Armia and Perreault are in, Hendricks and Roslovic out.

Make this happen...

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Ehlers-Stastny-Laine
Copp-Lowry-Tanev
Perreault-Little-Armia

I could see Maurice do this, which might be okay...

Tanev-Lowry-Little
Perreault-Copp-Armia

I will shout from my soapbox and say either option looks really F’ing good although I would hedge to Copp Lowry Tanev.

Reactions: Ducky10

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Good players play big in big games.
Not that I am calling these players down in any way but
Scheif
Wheeler
Little
Stastny
Laine
Ehlers
Buff
Trouba
Morrissey
Helle

stepping up would really help for a victory here. Not only the biggest game of the season but the biggest game since they've been back and it is on the road. We've a strong lineup tonight so there shouldn't be any excuses.
Laine, Morrissey, and to a lesser extent aren't getting paid big bucks but a strong playoff run would really look good when it is time to negotiate the next deal.
It would be nice to see the Jets score the first goal.
Jets in 6!!!!!
Go Jets Go!
So many players that are big for us that you could have included.
I expect
Perrault
Connor
Armia
Enstrom
Myers
to have big games.
Tanev has already been huge for his role. Copp can step it up. None bigger than Lowry.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
My Keys to the game:

-Stay out of the box (and no dumb retaliation penalties, make them pay on the scoreboard)
-Score first tonight and open the game up so the Preds can't trap us early
-Get Laine the puck, he seemed to get some major confidence late last game. He shoots better when he's confident.
- Need Ehlers and Connor to come out with lots of energy and creating some plays
- Need good Buff tonight, he's the biggest difference maker out there when he's on his game
- Need to feed off of Perreault's energy. Our guys live and die by energy on the road.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
So many players that are big for us that you could have included.
I expect
Perrault
Connor
Armia
Enstrom
Myers
to have big games.
Tanev has already been huge for his role. Copp can step it up. None bigger than Lowry.
I think when you say how many players could have big games for us, it shows just how good this team really is. So many weapons, just need some puck luck.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014

Murat: If Perreault is as healthy as he says, I believe this set of forwards is Winnipeg’s best:

Connor – Scheifele – Wheeler
Ehlers – Stastny – Laine
Copp – Lowry – Tanev
Perreault – Little – Armia

The Jets have already won in Nashville. Also it is 2-2 with 2/3 in Nashville so...duh

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
My Keys to the game:

-Stay out of the box (and no dumb retaliation penalties, make them pay on the scoreboard)
-Score first tonight and open the game up so the Preds can't trap us early
-Get Laine the puck, he seemed to get some major confidence late last game. He shoots better when he's confident.
- Need Ehlers and Connor to come out with lots of energy and creating some plays
- Need good Buff tonight, he's the biggest difference maker out there when he's on his game
- Need to feed off of Perreault's energy. Our guys live and die by energy on the road.
Good stuff, agree with all of it. I'd really like to see two things with Laine tonight.

I'd love to see the Jets try to utilize his as the late man on the rush, Ehlers and Connor are very capable of doing this with him. Also wouldn't mind them trying it with him curling behind a rushing D.

Would also to love to see him play a little lower and come back up hard along the wall and force his way to the middle on his off wing. If he can gain possession down low on the left side, get position and drive to the middle, he'll get chances.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
I wouldn’t trust wiebe with the comics section let alone the sports section.....
Meh, his insights on the game during Wiebe's World might suck, but he has pretty good access and a decent pulse on the team. I play hockey with him, he's usually right about this kind of thing.

Reactions: Festinator

SUX2BU

User of an ad-infested forum
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Meh, his insights on the game during Wiebe's World might suck, but he has pretty good access and a decent pulse on the team. I play hockey with him, he's usually right about this kind of thing.

But does he ask the hard questions that Maurice needs to be accountable for?

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I was wrong about the Jets and have to recognize it. I called them playoff chokers for YEARS here and this year i thought the same but the team has CLEARLY showed i was wrong. Hats off to the Jets for building such a competitive team and I should have seen this coming. Sorry if I offended any Jets fans with my incorrect POV prior to the playoffs
Hey we may lose but kudos to you sir !!!!
Takes a big person to step up
Cheers

ItchyScratchy77

Jul 1, 2016
Winnipeg
746ED29A-87CC-436F-89F7-E7497E09F2B8.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad