GDT: Jets vs. Preds - Round 2 - Game 5 - May 5th, 8:30 pm - barebones

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryerockarola

Nov 20, 2011
Wiebe thinks Armia and Perreault are in, Hendricks and Roslovic out.

Make this happen...

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Ehlers-Stastny-Laine
Copp-Lowry-Tanev
Perreault-Little-Armia

I could see Maurice do this, which might be okay...

Tanev-Lowry-Little
Perreault-Copp-Armia

I really like those lines and hope PoMo goes with them if Armia/Perreault are in and Hendricks/Roslo are out.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Like I said in the Pre-Game thread, we have a really good team.

There are three games left, two in Nashville and we need to win 2 of them.

Well, of the first three games, two were in Nashville and we won 2 of them.

When I lived in Calgary in 2004 I watched the Flames get to the Stanley Cup Final on great goaltending and trapping.

The Lightning won because they had superior scoring which overcame the trap.

Nashville has not dominated us and I know we have the scoring to beat them.

Go! :jets Go!

WPGChief

May 25, 2017
Winnipeg
jetsnation.ca
b7xHW5V.png

(Playoffs only, 5v5 adjusted)

This series is tighter than anyone can guess. Still, we shouldn't be aiming the gun at our foot icing a line like Copp-Hendricks-Roslovic.

Nashville has capitalized off of Jets mistakes. Call it being a good team with a good game plan, but a healthy and optimal Jets lineup really should be winning this series.

WPGChief

May 25, 2017
Winnipeg
jetsnation.ca
Defensive pairings:

6rl1weR.png

(Playoffs only, 5v5 adjusted, min 10 TOI)

Because colours are impacted by small sample sizes (but I wanted to show off Myers-Buff / Chiarot-Buff):

mKLLYYB.png

(Playoffs only, 5v5 adjusted, min 20 TOI)

Think I can anticipate the conversation out of these ones. Remember they're all small sample sizes, folks. :popcorn:

Coach

Dec 18, 2010
I really hope we don't spend the entire day *****ing about Hendricks and lineup decisions. Just do the right thing Maurice. The man says he's ready to play... let him play.

This situation reminds me of the story of "Doubting Thomas" from the bible Doubting Thomas - Wikipedia. Thomas refused to believe the resurrection of Jesus and vehemently denied it inspite of Christ telling him to have faith. Don't be a "Doubting Paul" and question the word of the 4th line Jesus, Maurice.
Enjoy Everyday like it was your last.JPG

Reactions: YoyiBear and SUX2BU

Coach

Dec 18, 2010

Make this happen...

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Ehlers-Stastny-Laine
Copp-Lowry-Tanev
Perreault-Little-Armia

Tanev-Lowry-Little
Perreault-Copp-Armia
Good we need Hendricks rested in case this series goes 7 games.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
An 85-18-40 line would be very hard to match and could log decent ice time as well as handle any situation.

Really want to see Copp back with Lowry and Tanev.

Maurice will troll HF Jets and the entire Jets nation by dressing #15 Gramps Hendy for warm ups. Until he is not on the bench for the anthems feel the clench.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
I watch a couple of the other playoff games and anybody who says the refs do not decide the out of a game needs to wake up.
If the Jets get a lead going into the 3rd period ... they better trap ... the NHL encourages boring hockey. Interference, hooking, crosschecking is allowed oh wait I forgot it's only for certain teams.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
IF he does watch the "I heart Mo" signs come out. After all, Nash will salivate at getting another chance to play Henpick instead of Frenchie.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada

Make this happen...

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Ehlers-Stastny-Laine
Copp-Lowry-Tanev
Perreault-Little-Armia

Tanev-Lowry-Little
Perreault-Copp-Armia
I like the first scenario. Cant get caught in dzone faceoffs with no faceoff guys out there. Against Nashville....you'll get scored on. Which is what happened thursday.

Reactions: blues10

moosehead81

Jan 7, 2012
Great White North
I watch a couple of the other playoff games and anybody who says the refs do not decide the out of a game needs to wake up.
If the Jets get a lead going into the 3rd period ... they better trap ... the NHL encourages boring hockey. Interference, hooking, crosschecking is allowed oh wait I forgot it's only for certain teams.
Any body who says the officials don't officiate according to the score, the players and the teams playing (particularly in the play-offs) doesn't watch NHL hockey. Its pretty obvious IMO.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Good players play big in big games.
Not that I am calling these players down in any way but
Scheif
Wheeler
Little
Stastny
Laine
Ehlers
Buff
Trouba
Morrissey
Helle

stepping up would really help for a victory here. Not only the biggest game of the season but the biggest game since they've been back and it is on the road. We've a strong lineup tonight so there shouldn't be any excuses.
Laine, Morrissey, and to a lesser extent aren't getting paid big bucks but a strong playoff run would really look good when it is time to negotiate the next deal.
It would be nice to see the Jets score the first goal.
Jets in 6!!!!!
Go Jets Go!

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
I just want the win tonight. I don't care if we bounce the game winner in off of Subban's ass, just win. That way when the series comes back to Winnipeg the talk is all about us closing it out at home, not being eliminated in front of the home fans.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Big game from Laine and Ehlers tonight, it's happening.

Or not, but I think it will......which really means nothing. I am not a prophet........but it's time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad