Who with no skin in these games, and thus with vacant mind
Gets him to rest, cramm'd with SportsNet bread;

Aye, but then again – that unwashed fan never relishes
A splendid come-back, that child of Helle,
And we fulminate, heavily jacked, from the dawn to sunset
In anticipation, sweat in the eye of Phoebus and at 8:30 pm,
Revel in the game, a relative Elysium;
Think'st any of thou, the fiery fever will go out
With titles blown from excess modulation?
Will it give place to flexure and random line blending?
Canst thou recind, when at 2-and-2 command'st the beggar's knee,
Command the health of it?

Nay! Belay that shyte.
The Jets, their fans, and The Goal flourish yet.

Last edited:

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Like many others hoping that some on ice and line up adjustments can be made. Let’s see what we’re made of.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
We are facing our toughest challenge to date, one that will require this young team taking a big step in its evolution towards becoming a cup winning team. Win, that evolution speeds up, lose and it become the lesson to learn and grow from for next season.

I am looking for some heart tonight, fortitude and hopefully the makings of a Winnipeg hockey hero for the ages. Someone who takes this opportunity and makes the most of it. We can’t be tentative, cautious or refrained. Treat this as our game 7. Go in guns a blazing, let our strengths be our strengths.

And if my dreams come true, tonight the chosen one will identify himself in a Matrix like moment, unleashing a shot never seen by a human eye, and most likely never will. And as Laine raises his stick for the third time this evening, showing the world three unique goal celebrations he has worked tirelessly on after practice, a collective gasps will be exuded by all watching, with the whispers stating “He’s the One”.

Lets get this!!

oldunclehue

Jun 16, 2010
Hoping that Mo had sat down and reviewed much tape on the Trap and how to solve it. Team needs to hit the trap with speed up one side, quick pass and in the zone and force the D to cheat back and open it up.

Not 1 guy attack the wall and the other guys stop and stand at the blue line waiting.

Attack attack attack tonight! No shifts off!

Reactions: Board Bard

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I don't see them playing same trap style at home. Teams play different home and road. I see them trying to push the pace and get crowd involved early. This should suit us better, we need to get the first and then roll.

Yea I highly doubt we see a repeat of that either and even if they try we will be more prepared. Should be a beauty.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
I don't see them playing same trap style at home. Teams play different home and road. I see them trying to push the pace and get crowd involved early. This should suit us better, we need to get the first and then roll.

If they get a lead they’ll trap.

It will be interesting to see how Maurice rolls his lines and D pairs to counter Laviolette’s heavy matching.

Reactions: Anton Hipchekhov

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
We’ve had two grand opportunities to really back the Preds into a corner; game 2 would have put them down 2-0 headed back to Winnipeg and game 4 would have put the Preds down 3-1. These were ideal scenarios I was hoping to see play out as the series went along but I keep reminding myself the Preds are the #1 team in the NHL, they went to the finals a year ago so this was never meant to be easy.

Would be nice to see the Jets come out tonight with a killer instinct to their game. Three games remain and if we don’t want a 7 game series ending one way or another in Nashville, then we must win tonight and go back to Winnipeg up 3-2 giving ourselves the opportunity to close things out on home ice.

Reactions: Mud Turtle

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
The only way Laviolette activates the trap is with a three goal or more lead going into the 3rd. Preds will want the crowd engaged, and will press for an early lead; run 'n gun suits the Jets just fine.

Zone entries need to be better managed, though. Controlling the neutral zone and carrying the puck into the O zone translated into 2 wins so far; sending an isolated skater along the wall with a soft dump makes Rinne almost a 3rd D and allows the Preds time and space for the breakout or line change. Inserting Armia, Perrault and/or Roslovic should improve the 3rd and 4th line forecheck and soften the Preds D, and allow for better shift distribition.

This is the real *true test* / *must win* game.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
We’ve had two grand opportunities to really back the Preds into a corner; game 2 would have put them down 2-0 headed back to Winnipeg and game 4 would have put the Preds down 3-1. These were ideal scenarios I was hoping to see play out as the series went along but I keep reminding myself the Preds are the #1 team in the NHL, they went to the finals a year ago so this was never meant to be easy.

Would be nice to see the Jets come out tonight with a killer instinct to their game. Three games remain and if we don’t want a 7 game series ending one way or another in Nashville, then we must win tonight and go back to Winnipeg up 3-2 giving ourselves the opportunity to close things out on home ice.

Yea the key as you pointed out is that this was never going to be easy. I know we had a few goood shots here to take control but Nashville was too good to let that happen. On the flip side we have been to good for them to impose their will either. This one is a back and forth and forth and back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->