GDT: JETS VS PREDS (DEADLINE DAY EDITION) FEB-27th, 7pm - "My Best Friends Birthday"

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I'll always remember him for interfering with Price for the Jets 2.0 first ever goal.

Stuart was the last guy remaining who was on the ice for that goal.

One of the last memories I have with my Dad was watching Game 1 at the hospital with him, he passed away the next week. I actually missed the first month of games in season 1 due to it. It's possible he saw the 3rd and 4th lines and decided to check out "I can't take 6 or 7 years of this" :laugh:

One of my biggest regrets was not being able to take him to a Jets game. Even though he was a Leafs fan :laugh:

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Copp Lowry Armia will be our weakest line and they are defensive gurus .

We are stacked .
funny when asked if Hendricks would be odd man out yesterday when lowry comes back Maurice told reporter to hold their horses. tonight Hendricks starts on wing i'm guessing for 1st this year and copp at centre. if I was to bet I would say it might be Hendricks lowry armia when everybody is healthy.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
funny when asked if Hendricks would be odd man out yesterday when lowry comes back Maurice told reporter to hold their horses. tonight Hendricks starts on wing i'm guessing for 1st this year and copp at centre. if I was to bet I would say it might be Hendricks lowry armia when everybody is healthy.
Way to ruin the thread :D

Reactions: Jetshockey

kxx

the great southern threadkill
Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
If Jets lose its important to keep perspective. Team is sometimes a bit slow to adjust (remember Scheifele first game back after the injury this season?) but gotta ride with it.
A lot of the commentary on the game is going to be discussing this as if its a conference final type game so if a team can't figure it out it will be easy to get negative about the trade. I made a small bet against the Jets (sorry if you're superstitious I don't care) because the next 2 days are going to feel like an eternity (particularly if we lose).
So just remember if the Jets don't have a good game and Nashville complete outplays the Jets its just one game, has nothing to do with Stastny, not a 'big wake up call', etc - the team has so much more fight then last few seasons - It never feels like game is over even late in the 3rd - thats such a refreshing feeling. One game - if we lost against a non-Central team there'd be no big 'storyline' there.
And also important to remember that if the Jets completely dominate Nashville then it doesn't mean Jets are way better than Nashville it just means - actually it does mean the Jets are way better than Nashville and are greatest team in NHL.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Odd that we get different answers on this. This morning Beyak sounded positive that it was a different injury.

One thing about Beyak and all the TSN guys is that they do ride on the team charter. The stuff they see and hear on those trips is supposed to be off limits but they can't unremember things.

It is also entirely possible that Lowry had more than one injury so nobody "lied"

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
One thing about Beyak and all the TSN guys is that they do ride on the team charter. The stuff they see and hear on those trips is supposed to be off limits but they can't unremember things.

It is also entirely possible that Lowry had more than one injury so nobody "lied"

Ahhh, who knows. All I care is that he's back in two weeks and is 100%

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Yup. Just like we are giving up Foley and a 4th right... Nope.

Sorry. Lowry limped off . Dont care what that rag paper says .

Just watched a replay of it. Lowry skated off the ice just fine after the Engeland hit, and was doubled over on the bench afterwards. Looked like a UBI to me.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Looking forward to seeing our shiny new object's chemistry with last year's shiny new object and the shiny new object from the year before last.

Is the grammar in that correct?

For some reason I got very happy mood for this comment. :)

crowcollects.jpg

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

Lowered Expectations

Marner money
Feb 3, 2017
Yeah, this will be 1st game for 25 as a Jet, so let's not expect too much, please. This might be a very low scoring, tight game anyway. So don't expect ESL (heh, should it be just 27-25-29?) to rock Your world instantly. Just one mandatory Laine goal streak goal :naughty:

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
So Copp finally settled into his natural spot in the lineup! I'd sooner see Dano in the lineup on the wing than Gramps though!

Looking forward to this one big time!

Remember a few years back when we used to call the first goal scorer, I'm going Stastny tonight!

This is the most excited I've seen Sip since the last time he had to go for his annual enema.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
So Copp finally settled into his natural spot in the lineup! I'd sooner see Dano in the lineup on the wing than Gramps though!

Looking forward to this one big time!

Remember a few years back when we used to call the first goal scorer, I'm going Stastny tonight!
Would rather see Petan at LW with Copp and Armia. They have a very positive history together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad