Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Panthers - Helsinki (Nov 1 & 2) Hartwall Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
No one ever learns from the Edmonton model of not being patient with your young talent, it seems. Imagine trading him and he becomes a Hart trophy winner like Hall?
Who the hell trades a 20 year old 40 goal scorer anyways? The kid's having some growing pains and people want to get rid of him. Fans can be so damn savage.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
No one ever learns from the Edmonton model of not being patient with your young talent, it seems. Imagine trading him and he becomes a Hart trophy winner like Hall?
Imagine we get Barkov and we win the cup this year. No matter what we suggest on here it doesn't change what actually happens in the orgs.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
"Please don't yell at Patrik anymore"

73b1ec07fd935885f984c852964ce6dd0f60e9889d21bc0d590d2307a229be7e.jpg

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Who the hell trades a 20 year old 40 goal scorer anyways? The kid's having some growing pains and people want to get rid of him. Fans can be so damn savage.
If you view them as kids then yes trading them seem worse. If you view them as millionaires who are doing what is best for themselves so the team and fans have to do what's best for us it comes across as a lot more savage.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
1 o'clock starts aren't too bad for us poor bastards that work nights , just have to set alarm, wake up , watch game and go back to sleep .

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
You could be right, this is way out of my league to figure out what the best move is and how long the window is open and all that, but from purely a value perspective I wouldn't pull the trigger.

Also got to think about the impact it would have on our PP. Just by Laine standing there without doing anything it improves drastically.

Barkov is certainly better right now, but how big is the difference once you calculate everything is a tough question, especially if Laine heats up.

Also all true. If it is this hard to arrive at a consensus then I figure it has to be a fair proposition.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Im just glad we got Patrik Laine instead of Olli Juolevi.

That is already a huge win for the Jets.

Cant compare Barkov to Laine.
Barkov will look good in any team.
Same as Laine.

Onto the Jets game.

Just a clean 60 minutes entertaining hockey game. Show Suomi how NHL game is like....
Boring ;)
Entertaining fast and physical game...

Hellyboy, get this one please.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Our pp would still be good. Sasha is still a good goal scorer not Laine class but we have goal scorers.
I am not even familiar enough with Barkov but i imagine he is a 30 goal scorer not 50.
Laine is going to most likely have the better career. But the team friendly contract added it could mean you keep Trouba for the next 4 years so it could mean Sasha and Trouba vs Laine for the next 3 years. Then Florida wins cup with Laine after we've had ours.
It's all theoretical.

If keeping Trouba or not keeping Trouba is just about a little extra money, then he will stay here regardless, IMO. I don't think a little overpay will do it.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
If keeping Trouba or not keeping Trouba is just about a little extra money, then he will stay here regardless, IMO. I don't think a little overpay will do it.
Okay but then the money saved on Barkov vs Laine could be used somewhere else useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce