GDT: Jets vs Mighty Ducks (Jan-25th, 9PM) - "Plane Crazy"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Not in every sense of the word clearly. Just look at the OP. Which one is the top line? You can start from the top. This is a silly thing to argue about though.

In regards to the game. The rule of averages say that an L is inbound sooner or later. It feels like this would be where that happens. That being said, they weren't playing well in the Sharks game at all so I'm hoping this is a bounce back game and we win anyway just because why not.

You know what ai mean. The media always places Wheeler on the first line. What a fan does on a forum is irrelevant. The coach doesn't use it like a first line. It's not our most effective line either. It has nothing to do with how they played last game. It's just reality.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Huh? Is Patty playing left side?

Wyman reported so in his live tweets from practice but then in his newspaper article he had it

Roslovic Wheeler Laine.

So which one was wrong?

Edit: actually Wyman on twitter only reported that Roslo replaced Connor. Didn't do lines per se. I think he's wrong

Clinton reported the lines

Last edited:

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
You know what ai mean. The media always places Wheeler on the first line. What a fan does on a forum is irrelevant. But the coach doesn't use it like a first line. It has nothing to do with how they played last game.

Different coaches use different rosters differently.

I know exactly what you mean, but my point is that some egoistical approach to who gets to be on the "top line" is not in the best interest of the team in the first place.

I want Perreault to be able to go to the third line and not think that he is being spit on by the management and the coaching staff. I want him to think that that is the place where he can accumulate the most wins for the team as a part of a cohesive unit.

And let's face it - our first line has never been good defensively. CSW were a terrible Corsi unit. But now when that line is properly disjointed in the first place, being a weak Corsi unit is a deep problem, even if it allows the god-awful ELL to be destroyed and actually return this team to very sustainable looking advanced stats.

Shazzam

Now 20% Chunkier
Oct 29, 2015
Great White North eh...
Great GDT Zhamnov and production crew.
Please let Chariot play so he can put another D stamp (for dumb ass) on Perry's chin again.!
DPcyAYmW4AAldGs.jpg

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Wonder if they will any thought to getting Roslovic to play center on that line. Maybe if we get enough of a lead.

Really looking forward to seeing if Laine can do something with the move to LW. Hope so!
I actually think the line might be better with Roslovic at C. Wheeler isn't playing aggressively and fast at C, and I think Roslovic has good instincts at C.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Different coaches use different rosters differently.

I know exactly what you mean, but my point is that some egoistical approach to who gets to be on the "top line" is not in the best interest of the team in the first place.

I want Perreault to be able to go to the third line and not think that he is being spit on by the management and the coaching staff. I want him to think that that is the place where he can accumulate the most wins for the team as a part of a cohesive unit.

And let's face it - our first line has never been good defensively. CSW were a terrible Corsi unit. But now when that line is properly disjointed in the first place, being a weak Corsi unit is a deep problem, even if it allows the god-awful ELL to be destroyed and actually return this team to very sustainable looking advanced stats.

What is the point of all this in the GDT? Are you butthurt because I'm telling the truth or something? I don't understand. I just stated a fact.

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
What is the point of all this in the GDT? Are you ******** because I'm telling the truth or something? I don't understand. I just stated a fact.

This is too meta for my tastes now, but no problem, let's let it go.

In other news, let's kill Perry's team.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
This is too meta for my tastes now, but no problem, let's let it go.

In other news, let's kill Perry's team.

Great.

The real point of my post was to show how unobservant and at times inept Winnipeg hockey media is.

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
Great.

The real point of my post was to show how unobservant and at times inept Winnipeg hockey media is.

Gotcha, did not mean to heat things up.

Just for the record, what is the definition of "top line"?

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
What? He doesn't get to use his defensive abilities on another line?

Where he starts, who he matches up against depends on what line he's on. Playing with Copp means more defensive use, especially at home, which opens up easier matchups for other lines. He's our best defensive RW by a mile right now.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I understand that things a tad easier in your own zone on your "natural" side. You may be on to something.

Ehlers hasn't missed a beat defensively and seems to be able to attack the middle of the ice far more effectively in the o-zone.

I hope Laine can show well on the LW and stick, he's far more deadly from that side.

Yes, Ehlers has been ridiculous since being moved back. I hope for the same from Laine. Maybe this is "taking the reins off" of the young guns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad