GDT: Jets vs Mighty Ducks (Jan-25th, 9PM) - "Plane Crazy"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jets2020champs

Nov 6, 2016
Canada
Another great GDT. I couldn’t stay up past my bed time. LOL.

I’m hoping this game has the same intensity as a playoff game. Both coaches should talk to the refs and say, just let them go. Without Scheifele and Lowry, I’d like to see what are depth players are made of.

Go Jets Go!!!!

Reactions: Zhamnov5GoalGame

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
Since Ehlers has moved to the RW he's taken his game to another level.

Let's see if Laine can do the same.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Since Ehlers has moved to the RW he's taken his game to another level.

Let's see if Laine can do the same.

I wonder if the past 1 1/2 years, these two were purposely switched sides with the intent to put them back to where they were most successful.

I know there is a lot of evidence posted here that playing on their other sides made them better defensively, so I just wonder if the intention was always to send them back to their most successful offensive side.

I hope it works as well for Laine. His highlight videos sure show a lot of creativity from that side.

Reactions: HPsauce

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
I wonder if the past 1 1/2 years, these two were purposely switched sides with the intent to put them back to where they were most successful.

I know there is a lot of evidence posted here that playing on their other sides made them better defensively, so I just wonder if the intention was always to send them back to their most successful offensive side.

I hope it works as well for Laine. His highlight videos sure show a lot of creativity from that side.

I understand that things a tad easier in your own zone on your "natural" side. You may be on to something.

Ehlers hasn't missed a beat defensively and seems to be able to attack the middle of the ice far more effectively in the o-zone.

I hope Laine can show well on the LW and stick, he's far more deadly from that side.

Reactions: MoreMorrissey

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014

You mean opinion.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Looks like a Laine-Wheeler-Roslovic top line! Hope the kid shines:
Jets' Roslovic up to top line; Connor on 4th - Article - TSN

dU5uwWV3RqucQ7InODGZ_Third%20Hand%20Slap.gif

Well, Kyle I think you've had it coming. Time to wake up.

Reactions: sipowicz

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg

I wondered this myself as well. Maurice always liked moving veterans on off wing vs rookies, so it really boils down to if they get the puck out in their own end.

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
Top line will be Perreault Little Ehlers. Roslovic has been promoted to the second line.

Technically speaking you are wrong. The top line is at the top, as in our first line. The literal first line.

I get what you are saying but I hate that kind of thinking. Each player should go into the spot that makes a cohesive team. I don't care if they are called the Dumbass line, Super cool jock line, Sock line, and Macho man line.

Reactions: SoCalJetsFan

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Technically speaking you are wrong. The top line is at the top, as in our first line. The literal first line.

I get what you are saying but I hate that kind of thinking. Each player should go into the spot that makes a cohesive team. I don't care if they are called the Dumbass line, Super cool jock line, Sock line, and Macho man line.

In every sense of the word the Little line is our top line. They will play more minutes than the Wheeler line. I am not wrong.

Reactions: Maxfli and SLAYER

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
In every sense of the word the Little line is our top line. They will play more minutes than the Wheeler line. I am not wrong.

Not in every sense of the word clearly. Just look at the OP. Which one is the top line? You can start from the top. This is a silly thing to argue about though.

In regards to the game. The rule of averages say that an L is inbound sooner or later. It feels like this would be where that happens. That being said, they weren't playing well in the Sharks game at all so I'm hoping this is a bounce back game and we win anyway just because why not.

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
Don't think Connor should have been gifted into the top 6 and don't like Roslo being gifted there either, a guy like Armia may have already earned top 6 minutes yet he never gets promoted! IMO
I f***ing hate freebies also, but how much depth they lose if Armia is promoted to top6 ? Yeah, a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad