Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs McJesus and the Coilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Oilers are due to lose another game and we’re due for a win. We’ll see what happens.

For purely selfish reasons, if they are due for A win, I would rather they save it for Tuesday when we will be in attendance, thank you very much. And as much as I'm trying to be optimistic for the entire month, this game is giving me pause. Right now, the best I can do is, they'll keep it close for two periods.

But hey, who knows? Maybe we'll out-goalie someone for a change. NHL first star of the week with an unbelievable 50 save performance, Winnipeg Jets goalie <insert starter's name here>.

Reactions: Duke749

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Guys guys don't you know the Oilers had best player of all time and won a lot of Stanley cups and then they didn't? We don't understand what that is like to win and then lose so it is totally justified that they get the best player in the World again.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Guys guys don't you know the Oilers had best player of all time and won a lot of Stanley cups and then they didn't? We don't understand what that is like to win and then lose so it is totally justified that they get the best player in the World again.
And yet Edmonton fans still play victim with their "decade of darkness" and first overall picks.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
April 30, 1986

Game 7, Smythe Division Final

Brings back good memories

Thank you, Calgary ....

upload_2019-10-19_11-45-1.jpeg

jepjepjoo

Dec 31, 2002
Ehlers and laine is a much worse combo than laine and little can ever be. Why do people want laine and ehlers together ever again. Connor and ehlers are playing well and getting lots of chances and putting in little with them who is a better all round player then copp should make that a better line and balance out the top 2 lines.

Laine+Ehlers with Little
GF26 GA28 -2
CF%47.69
659 minutes

Laine+Ehlers without Little
GF47 GA32 +15
CF%50.54
680 minutes

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Laine+Ehlers with Little
GF26 GA28 -2
CF%47.69
659 minutes

GF47 GA32 +15
CF%50.54
680 minutes
Is it Little or is it Scheifele driving those results? Or timing?

Regardless, I'm starting to think Wheeler might be dragging Scheifele down a little at 5v5. Think I'd like to see:

27-55-29
81-18-28
9-17-26
85-22-82

Reactions: Keduzin

Dessert Nights

Back in Form
Nov 22, 2016
Finland
Imho Laine and Ehlers are now different players than they were in the past when they played together. Ehlers has bit more finish in him and Laine is a better playmaker and stronger in forecheck and with the puck. So their stats will be different and not comparable to the earlier seasons and it will be hard to tell how much Little or Scheifele affects their results. Scheifele would be an ideal choice over Little but mostly because he is the superior player.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Mostly Stastny(211:24) and Scheifele(307:49). I'm advocating for Laine-Scheifele-Ehlers so it fits my narrative just fine.

Ok so better center equals better results? Shocking. Now how about with other wingers? Do they produce better, worse, or as well away from each other. That’s my point.

jepjepjoo

Dec 31, 2002
Ok so better center equals better results? Shocking. Now how about with other wingers? Do they produce better, worse, or as well away from each other. That’s my point.

The simplified answer is that they produce worse away from each other:

Laine+Ehlers
GF74 GA60 +14

Laine without Ehlers
GF93 GA93 +/- 0

Ehlers without Laine
GF83 GA86 -3

The bottom line is that I just want to see Scheifele and Wheeler split up...

Ehlers-Scheifele-Laine
Connor-Little-Wheeler

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
The simplified answer is that they produce worse away from each other:

Laine+Ehlers
GF74 GA60 +14

Laine without Ehlers
GF93 GA93 +/- 0

Ehlers without Laine
GF83 GA86 -3

The bottom line is that I just want to see Scheifele and Wheeler split up...

Ehlers-Scheifele-Laine
Connor-Little-Wheeler

Either way I think we’re at the point where the youngsters can carry the load. Would also benefit Wheeler to not have to play so many minutes.

Reactions: Jets 31

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Oilers are going to crash and burn hard at some point. Being carried by 2 amazing player but you can't have that lack of depth for long term results. They literally have a bottom end team full of scrubs after that top few players who are doing all the scoring. And playing Those top guys more then any other forwards in the league. In saying that we are probably not the team to start that crash and burn lol. We are a dream night for those top guys

Reactions: Larabee

backwards motion

Sep 29, 2017
Gotta admit, I'm a bit afraid. Something should be happening that I really haven't seen too much. I'm not sinking with the ship, but surely everyone on the team has to be either be brain washed or ready to fight like hell. I really don't want Jets to be the team that in early season, well kinda sucks... and another side of the coin after that, has to go for a serious winning spree.

I've seen it happend to other teams that start slow and while they really do that, a winning spree, at some point. They miss just by little margin. You know, the thing, kinda a run for the, you know the run for the seasons important.

So for now, I'm still on Go Jets Go! I can't do it forever if this thing continues. Saves me sleep, but I'm ready to sacrifice that for the better good.

It's getting to the territory that's not for my liking. I'm on board, but is the the team?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Imho Laine and Ehlers are now different players than they were in the past when they played together. Ehlers has bit more finish in him and Laine is a better playmaker and stronger in forecheck and with the puck. So their stats will be different and not comparable to the earlier seasons and it will be hard to tell how much Little or Scheifele affects their results. Scheifele would be an ideal choice over Little but mostly because he is the superior player.

^ the bolded, x10.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
As long as Little is our second line center and wheeler Schief are joined at the hip, jets will never go anywhere or make a decent cup run.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Practice audio:

Coach Maurice scrum topics: The ripple effect of Copp/Lowry down the lineup. Update on Bryan Little? How has Lowry handled his different roles? What did he see from Little in practice? What was important from him to see from that practice? Team looking forward to opportunity. What’s the latest on Letestu and Bitetto? On Heinola coming back from three healthy scratches and playing with confidence. On Pionk adapting to the Jets structure. What needs to improve on the penalty kill?

To listen click here.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Laine+Ehlers with Little
GF26 GA28 -2
CF%47.69
659 minutes

GF47 GA32 +15
CF%50.54
680 minutes
What ever that means. Personally I dont think regardless of the start this season laine and ehlers are much different then last year in terms of their overall play. Ehlers defers to much to laine and is a bad linemate for him. Connor and little play a simular game to scheifele and wheeler so who ever you put with them ehlers or laine both lines seem more balanced.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
My sister in law, who’s is from Edmonton phoned one time when I was watching us vs the Edmonton McDavids. She doesn’t watch hockey
She asked what’s the score?

I said 1-1

She said, for who ?

And she’s a teacher ....

Hillbilly education at it’s finest ...

:facepalm:
My mom always asks that. She thinks she's funny. She is pretty funny.

Reactions: Jets 31 and SUX2BU
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad