Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Lightning • Fri, Jan 17 @ 7:00 pm CT • TSN3

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaos4

Mr.Scratch
Jun 1, 2013
winnipeg
Scratched: Carl Dahlstrom, Patrick Laine
Injured: Mark Letestu (heart virus), Bryan Little (head), Nathan Beaulieu (lower body), Tucker Poolman (lower body)
Suspended: Dustin Byfuglien

Scratched: Luke Schenn
Injured: Pat Maroon (upper body), Ryan McDonagh (upper body)

*******Lineups will be Updated on Game Day as information is released:thumbu:

As a young Ginger I fondly remember listening to my Dad's MacLean & MacLean in my bedroom with my buddies.

I am no @kanadalainen , but I humbly offer the following tribute to Patrick Laine to the tune of "Pubic Hair." I would post the YT video, but I've already caused enough trouble for the good Mods.

In order to get a sense of the rhyming meter & song cadence, if you have not heard the song YOU NEED TO GET YOUR LIFE SORTED - ;). I would suggest that you listen to either this song or if toilet humour isn't your thing - listen to "I've been everywhere" by either Stompin' Tom or Hank Snow.

I was playin’ me some fortnite
Because it wasn’t a practice or game day
I was eatin’ some Leipajuusto
When a fan beside me turned to say
What’s all these Assists
Doin’ filling up your scoring stats?
I said I started playing fantasy,
it’s about filling all the Cats

Then I stood up from my gaming chair
And said now look you a**hole there
I’ve traveled all over this world
And I’ve scored everywhere

(Chorus)
I’ve scored everywhere man
And I’ve never waited long man
I shoot more than my fair share man
But now rounding out my game man
So stick it up in your *** man
I score everywhere

I’ve scored great ones, late ones, game is out of reach ones,
Long ones, near ones, make you soil yourself ones
Home ones, Away ones, Playing in Suomi ones
Snap ones, slap ones, Top shelf bar down ones
Shorty ones, Man-up ones, 3-on-3 OT ones,
Groanin’ ones, show-off ones, glowin’ ones, break shut-out ones.

(Chorus)

I’ve scored cushy ones, mushy ones, even illegal in the crease ones,
Brave ones, no chance save ones, fire their coach the next day ones,
Pretty ones, dirty ones, embarrass your whole family ones,
Neat ones, sweet ones, fans out of their seat ones,
Killer ones, wrister ones, like having s*x with their sister ones,
Blow’em out ones, show’em up ones, hairs a flowin ones.

(Chorus)

I’ve scored sh*t ones, illegit ones, come from behind the net ones,
Dear ones, career ones, goalie’s hide in fear ones,
Proud ones, loud ones, Gesture to the crowd ones,
Quiet ones, riot ones, shimmy, shiver and shake ones,
Top ones, drop ones, even some shootout ones,
Double ones, Hat-trick ones, Even Five in a game once.

(Chorus)

Ain’t no kind I haven’t scored
I score everywhere

Screenshot_20200115-212804~2.png

Loved this album.:laugh:

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Good old MP. Chapeau!
Now watch him get a 5 + game and a suspension for the next harmless stick penalty he takes.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
The thing about having a DoPS is that they step in and resolve issues so that tensions don't rise and players start to take matters in their own hands.

Reminds me of that Malkin headshot on Wheeler with no repercussion. The next game against the Penguins, Pittsburgh called up some Neanderthal, obviously expecting retaliation. Maurice even said it was an escalating move and condemned it. Sure enough, what's his face jumped on the ice, broke Toby, got suspended, back to AHL. And Wheeler fought Malkin.

MP should have said he'll crack any DoPS staff in the forehead.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
The thing about having a DoPS is that they step in and resolve issues so that tensions don't rise and players start to take matters in their own hands.

Reminds me of that Malkin headshot on Wheeler with no repercussion. The next game against the Penguins, Pittsburgh called up some Neanderthal, obviously expecting retaliation. Maurice even said it was an escalating move and condemned it. Sure enough, what's his face jumped on the ice, broke Toby, got suspended, back to AHL. And Wheeler fought Malkin.

MP should have said he'll crack any DoPS staff in the forehead.
As a Canucks fan, I really like Jake but expected there to be a call for discipline and wouldn’t have had a problem with some repercussion for that play.

Many others on the HF Vancouver Board felt the same from when we saw the incident. MP should have had some justice here.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
As a Canucks fan, I really like Jake but expected there to be a call for discipline and wouldn’t have had a problem with some repercussion for that play.

Many others on the HF Vancouver Board felt the same from when we saw the incident. MP should have had some justice here.
I'd rather have seen the call from DOPS than see someone go and hurt Virtanen, that's for sure. not that Jets really have anyone that would anymore, but still.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Let MP give him some lumber to the lips...take the effing penalty...somebody should have tuned him up that game, especially with the lead.
He wasn't willing, just like Tkachuk, if the guy isn't going to step up and answer you just end up looking like a fool. Wheeler gave him a shot and Virtanen backed away from it. That's embarrassing.

Reactions: 10Ducky10

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
So according to Dreger, DOPS said the elbow wasn't thrown with enough force and arguably grazed Perreault's shoulder?

f*** me what a bunch of dipshit clowns, I'd like to throw an elbow with enough force to knock some sense into them.

So, they pretty much admit Virtanen elbowed Matty in the face, but he didn't do it hard enough. So much for the not being injured part mattering as a factor in supplementary discipline.

How do these guys keep a straight face?

Last edited:

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
So according to Dreger, DOPS said the elbow wasn't thrown with enough force and arguably grazed Perreault's shoulder?

**** me what a bunch of dip**** clowns, I'd like to throw an elbow with enough force to knock some sense into them.

So, they pretty much admit Virtanen elbowed Matty in the face, but he didn't do it hard enough. So much for the not being injured part mattering as a factor in supplementary discipline.

They're literally just like politicians. It’s rather sad.

Reactions: Ducky10 and Jets 31

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

**** me what a bunch of dip**** clowns, I'd like to throw an elbow with enough force to knock some sense into them.

I wonder if Frenchie played for the Leafs if it would have made a difference . :shakehead The whole DOPS thing is a farce , probably why they are called big dopes . o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad