Nov 24, 2006
The Lightning are 9-1 in their last 10?

389f1a5fb3a360414a20c2dcb2fcbd50.jpg

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Practice Audio:

Perreault (spitting fire about the lack of discipline for the elbow he took).

Coach Maurice scrum topics: Status of Kulikov? Has the flu been running through the team? Update on Dahlstrom. The loss of Dahlstrom. Perreault's anger at the lack of discipline for the elbow he took on Tuesday. The firing of Gerard Gallant. On how the defence has played with the challenges of the constant roster changes. What does he remember from his first interaction with Connor Hellebuyck and what has he learned about him? Is there any added camaraderie among the D group?

To listen click here.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Practice Audio:

Perreault (spitting fire about the lack of discipline for the elbow he took).

Coach Maurice scrum topics: Status of Kulikov? Has the flu been running through the team? Update on Dahlstrom. The loss of Dahlstrom. Perreault's anger at the lack of discipline for the elbow he took on Tuesday. The firing of Gerard Gallant. On how the defence has played with the challenges of the constant roster changes. What does he remember from his first interaction with Connor Hellebuyck and what has he learned about him? Is there any added camaraderie among the D group?

To listen click here.
Perreault does not mince words!

Haringoth

Aug 2, 2019
Good on MP. I absolutely f***ing hate the Virtanen hit. It wasn't the worst elbow in the world, but he went out of his way to target the head, and that is just unacceptable. The boys know who's been battling what, and aiming for the head of a guy fresh off concussion protocol is f***ing cruel. That he wouldn't answer the bell when called by Wheeler and went and cowered like a school child just speaks volume to the kind of person he is.

These hits, which Cory Perry perfected just kill me. No attempt at a hockey play, just try taking out the weak guy with a concussion or a broken hand.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Good on MP. I absolutely ****ing hate the Virtanen hit. It wasn't the worst elbow in the world, but he went out of his way to target the head, and that is just unacceptable. The boys know who's been battling what, and aiming for the head of a guy fresh off concussion protocol is ****ing cruel. That he wouldn't answer the bell when called by Wheeler and went and cowered like a school child just speaks volume to the kind of person he is.

These hits, which Cory Perry perfected just kill me. No attempt at a hockey play, just try taking out the weak guy with a concussion or a broken hand.
What bothered me just as much is that no Jet "took care of the situation" himself. Call me a dinosaur or a cave man, but I actually liked it when a team's policeman took care of a dirty play on the ice. Might as well post a sign on the Jets' players' backs...

5996ab02f69dfaa4ed831a7f76865fab.jpg

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
What bothered me just as much is that no Jet "took care of the situation" himself. Call me a dinosaur or a cave man, but I actually liked it when a team's policeman took care of a dirty play on the ice. Might as well post a sign on the Jets' players' backs...

5996ab02f69dfaa4ed831a7f76865fab.jpg

Why take a needless selfish penalty? Wheeler of all people stepped up to challenge him. I see no issue with someone not going all primal on him. If Perreault got knocked out now that would be different. Speaks volumes about the character of the team to not lose their cool even after he was challenged.

Reactions: SLAYER

DannyGallivan

Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Why take a needless selfish penalty? Wheeler of all people stepped up to challenge him. I see no issue with someone not going all primal on him. If Perreault got knocked out now that would be different. Speaks volumes about the character of the team to not lose their cool even after he was challenged.
Yes it does speak volumes ("Thank you sir, may I have another").

I just hope they filed it away for another day.

Reactions: ocdaddy and Bigfish

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Yes it does speak volumes ("Thank you sir, may I have another").

I just hope they filed it away for another day.

Im sure they did. It was the 2nd meeting before Kunin answered for taking out Little. I’m sure they’ll take care of things when the chance arrives. This group is too close not too.

DannyGallivan

Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Im sure they did. It was the 2nd meeting before Kunin answered for taking out Little. I’m sure they’ll take care of things when the chance arrives. This group is too close not too.
I'm going to decide to believe that. The Department of Player Safety (or whatever that band on incompetents are called) can't be relied on to deescalate the situation.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
I'm going to decide to believe that. The Department of Player Safety (or whatever that band on incompetents are called) can't be relied on to deescalate the situation.
Weird how many times have the Jet players been on the receiving end of these hits and nothing is done but I'm pretty sure if the Jets were handing out these hits there would be suspensions.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Priceless:thumbu:
Mathieu Perreault “I’m the smallest guy on the ice, so I can’t really fight anybody. The only thing I can do to defend myself is use my stick. So the next guy that does that to me is going to get my f-ing stick.”
I can’t like that comment enough, priceless.
:biglaugh:

Reactions: Jets 31 and JetsUK

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Virtanen is a douchebag, I’m glad the Jets didn’t take the bait and take any more penalties. Wheeler offered Virtanen a chance to man up and he declined, because he’s a douchebag.
The Jets haven’t forgotten.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Let MP give him some lumber to the lips...take the effing penalty...somebody should have tuned him up that game, especially with the lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad