And thus gain the lead and on the Knights’ D, lay waste:
Then we can drown our esophagi in mead, unused to flow,
While Jomo and Fly tuck pucks to Fleury’s endless night,
Aye, may he weep afresh at Buff’s point-blast’d woe,
And moan at Patrick’s clap-bomb - a vanish’d puck sight:
Soft! Mark ye Frenchy’s deft mitts almost foregone,
And Stats’ execution of a pass and give-and-go score,
The tapestry of the game makes the home-side groan,
And makes the Knights pay as if not paid before.
But if the while I think on thee, dear Jets friend,
All losses restor’d and our sorrows doth end.

Last edited:

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Another great nostalgia trip, @Zhamnov5GoalGame ! I've seen many of these films ... loved me some Van Damme back in the day.

Jets need to win this and the following two ... my dad get tickets to game 5 of the SCF if Jets win in 5 or 6 this round. If they win in 7 he gets game 2 and I won't be able to attend due to work commitments.

So go :jets go!!!

Reactions: Zhamnov5GoalGame

CrazyJay

Mar 13, 2018
Winnipeg
I rewatched game 2 last night after attending it live on Monday. With the emotion gone and attempting to be unbiased (admittedly not always easy), based on what I saw I feel we still have the edge going forward in this series. Jets actually controlled play and ozone time for much of the game. Goals against came in two short time frames when Vegas nicely countered our aggression. First goal from a Stastny giveaway after an arguably missed call, followed up by a Connor turnover and a poorly timed simultaneous wholesale line change, and then from a missed Trouba check followed by a bad decision by Armia (he pursued the puck carrier when he should have switched to Marchessault). Hats off to Vegas - they played much harder, got a lot of sticks on loose pucks and blocked or disrupted a lot of shots. But one thing that became evidently clear is that we are the much more talented team, winning more board battles and cycling the puck more effectively. If our hustle and attention to detail are on point I don't care how hard Vegas works, the odds tilt in our favour, with MAF and Helle being the wildcards. If this was a Caesars Palace title fight we'd be the talented aggressor and they'd be the counter puncher. Most of the time, the more talented aggressor wins... just have to be smart and en garde for their counters. I like our chances tonight and in this series.

burnoutberry

May 2, 2016
True North
I rewatched game 2 last night after attending it live on Monday. With the emotion gone and attempting to be unbiased (admittedly not always easy), based on what I saw I feel we still have the edge going forward in this series. Jets actually controlled play and ozone time for much of the game. Goals against came in two short time frames when Vegas nicely countered our aggression. First goal from a Stastny giveaway after an arguably missed call, followed up by a Connor turnover and a poorly timed simultaneous wholesale line change, and then from a missed Trouba check followed by a bad decision by Armia (he pursued the puck carrier when he should have switched to Marchessault). Hats off to Vegas - they played much harder, got a lot of sticks on loose pucks and blocked or disrupted a lot of shots. But one thing that became evidently clear is that we are the much more talented team, winning more board battles and cycling the puck more effectively. If our hustle and attention to detail are on point I don't care how hard Vegas works, the odds tilt in our favour, with MAF and Helle being the wildcards. If this was a Caesars Palace title fight we'd be the talented aggressor and they'd be the counter puncher. Most of the time, the more talented aggressor wins... just have to be smart and en garde for their counters. I like our chances tonight and in this series.

That sums it up pretty well. I'm not too concerned about our boys going forward.

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Here you go, my apologies for lateness! Work is messing with my musing. :laugh:

william-shakespeare-funky-colours-prints.jpg

Recalling the sessions of a fresh home game a-shot
Mo summons up remembrance of sweet deeds past,
That our bottom six may sigh and anticipate goals sought,
And thus gain the lead and on the Knights’ D, lay waste:
Then we can drown our esophagi in mead, unused to flow,
While Jomo and Fly tuck pucks to Fleury’s endless night,
Aye, may he weep afresh at Buff’s point-blast’d woe,
And moan at Patrick’s clap-bomb - a vanish’d puck sight:
Soft! Mark ye Frenchy’s deft mitts almost foregone,
And Stats’ execution of a pass and give-and-go score,
The tapestry of the game makes the home-side groan,
And makes the Knights pay as if not paid before.
But if the while I think on thee, dear Jets friend,
All losses restor’d and our sorrows doth end.

Most gladly do I receive your gift,
And joy unbounded fills my heart.
Rendering Sonnet XXX so shrewdly thus,
Shall leave cruel Knights to gnash and cuss.
Contented do you leave me, verily! Now,
Sweet succulents await my contemplative chew,
And I have miles to go before I do.

MrvJets

Apr 23, 2018
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but I found this very interesting:
Western Conference Home records:
1wpg32-7-2
2min27-6-8
3nsh28-9-4
4vgk29-10-2
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
anyone notice the pattern here?

And in case you were wondering, Tampa was 3rd in the east at 29-10-2 and Washington was 5th at 28-11-3. Bottom line is all six teams the Jets have played, or could play, are in the top 9 in home records overall.

Throw this out this is playoff time, and home ice has no effect this year it seems.

Reactions: Gotaf7

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Most gladly do I receive your gift,
And joy unbounded fills my heart.
Rendering Sonnet XXX so shrewdly thus,
Shall leave cruel Knights to gnash and cuss.
Contented do you leave me, verily! Now,
Sweet succulents await my contemplative chew,
And I have miles to go before I do.

:laugh: Damn!! Double sonnet power. This is gonna be a good game, boys and girls!

Critical Mass

Feb 6, 2011
The first goal of the game has taken on a HUGE significance for the Jets.

They've won only one game that didn't have them scoring the first goal. Scheifele had a heroic last minute goal to tie Nashville and take the game to overtime, but the Jets ultimately lost that game.

They've also only lost once when they lit the red lamp first.

There was a long stretch of the regular season where the Jets could come from behind in a spectacular third period to take victory from the jaws of defeat.

Aside from the 7-4 anomaly (and most fun game ever) come-back and stomp Nashville game, the Jets kryptonite is facing the trap after being scored against with the first goal of the game.

It's nice if the Jets score first, and clearly they often do. But as they get deeper into the playoffs, an inability to come back from an early deficit will cost them.

Last edited:

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
It's kind of becoming a weird mental thing. Lots of media emphasis on the "first goal" . Wonder if they feel the pressure

burnoutberry

May 2, 2016
True North

They've won only one game that didn't have them scoring the first goal. Scheifele had a heroic last minute goal to tie Nashville and take the game to overtime, but the Jets ultimately lost that game.

They've also only lost once when they didn't light the red lamp first.

There was a long stretch of the regular season where the Jets could come from behind in a spectacular third period to take victory from the jaws of defeat.

Aside from the 7-4 anomaly (and most fun game ever) come-back and stomp Nashville game, the Jets kryptonite is facing the trap after being scored against with the first goal of the game.

It's nice if the Jets score first, and clearly they often do. But as they get deeper into the playoffs, an inability to come back from an early deficit will cost them.

The Jets do seem to have a bit of a problem coming back from a deficit as they seem to have had for most of the season, if I remember correctly. Hopefully it doesn't continue to be a problem or they will NEED to score first if they want to continue on this cup run.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Pre-game audio:

Players: Wheeler, Scheifele, Laine and Connor.

Coach Maurice: On making adjustments, will Vegas try to beat them the same way Nashville tried to beat them? Why has the team been so good at adjusting so they haven’t lost two games in a row? On the Winnipeggers coming to Vegas. A small market having success in the NHL. On the evolution of his relationship with Jets GM Kevin Cheveldayoff. On the type of player the Jets have in Josh Morrissey.

To listen click here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad