GDT: Jets vs Kings (Mar-20th, 7pm) - "City of Angels"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
I think you missed my point. The difference is less than a goal on average. That means for example instead of winning by two we win by one. In no way does it guarantee a loss like people post. On an individual game basis it is not that statistically significant.

Ya I did.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
IMG_0718.jpg

Called comrie starting 2 days ago. Hellebuyck needs a rest. 4 games for sure for the backup who ever it is over the next 10.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Called comrie starting 2 days ago. Hellebuyck needs a rest. 4 games for sure for the backup who ever it is over the next 10.

I mentioned it when he got called up. Thought he could even play against the Hawks but that didn't happen. The B2B for the Kings made it seem likely to me

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
#freepoolman

I don't particularly like the Morrow Chiarot pairing

Analyst365

Oct 24, 2011
Victoria

I mentioned it when he got called up. Thought he could even play against the Hawks but that didn't happen. The B2B for the Kings made it seem likely to me

Folks, we have ourselves a Nostradamus-off here.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Morrow and Comrie are in. I'm hopeful that Comrie can have a killer game - we may need him down the stretch so perhaps one can rationalize this game as not only rest for Helle but also in Comrie's development. Comrie has actually put up some gaudy numbers in the A. Nothing would make me happier to see him perform well.

P.S. We are (mostly) a species that enjoys playing with words and meaning. The daily use of language, of itself, almost begs us to do something fun with it. Aside from work, my passions are sports and literature. Rolling hockey and literary quotes together with a bit of invention – it honestly makes me happy, and it is only shared in the spirit of generosity. My sincere apologies if this has upset some sensibilities, and I recognize that even the source material, let alone my Benny Hill-esque mangling of otherwise famous prose is not high on everyone's wishlist.
:thumbu:

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
#freepoolman

I don't particularly like the Morrow Chiarot pairing

I wouldn't worry about the defensive pairings, but I'd be very worried about Comrie in net. Last time I saw him play -- he got "eaten alive." Let's hope he can have a big game.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013

I wouldn't worry about the defensive pairings, but I'd be very worried about Comrie in net. Last time I saw him play -- he got "eaten alive." Let's hope he can have a big game.

Last time I saw him he was fantastic

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Folks, we have ourselves a Nostradamus-off here.
I really went out on s limb thinking the kings would play their ahl goalie on a b2b and the jets stating they needed to give hellebuyck a rest would start comrie.

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Last time I saw him he was fantastic

Maybe I missed a game ? -- but I believe he only started 1 game ? :huh: The game I saw him in, he looked very shaky to me. Maybe I'm wrong here ?-- but I think he only started 1 game, and we lost that one.

Anyways, if he does start, I hope he comes up with a big game, because LA will be looking to secure a playoff position, and they just beat the Wild. If I had it my way--I'd play Helle, and I think we'd win.

Reactions: SoupaTroupa

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Hoping for a better game than last time, when they faced someone who played the night before and got absolutely bodied.

Maybe I missed a game ? -- but I believe he only started 1 game ? :huh: The game I saw him in, he looked very shaky to me. Maybe I'm wrong here ?-- but I think he only started 1 game, and we lost that one.

Anyways, if he does start, I hope he comes up with a big game, because LA will be looking to secure a playoff position, and they just beat the Wild. If I had it my way--I'd play Helle, and I think we'd win.

He played the Detroit game and got lit up somewhat, but he looked very good on a number of those shots. He also played the Columbus game last year, where he recorded his first NHL win. Goal support will do that, though.

Reactions: GNP

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Player pre-game audio: Eric Comrie, Blake Wheeler, Mark Scheifele and Ben Chiarot.

Coach Maurice pre-game scrum topics: Coach Maurice: What is status of Jacob Trouba? Why is this a good game for Eric Comrie? Why has the transition been so smooth for Paul Stastny? How have the Kings changed with the addition of Jeff Carter? Given everything that has happened to their goalies, how much awareness do they have about protecting Hellebuyck? Does he not mind a guy not taking a penalty when they are protecting their goalies? On the depth at centre and the options to run the bench. On the team being more adaptable. What goes into the thinking behind his D pairings? Would the opposition's fastest line face Morrissey/Myers? If there had been no injuries would he have swapped guys around? On Josh Morrissey raising his level. On the leadership from the veterans. On Roslovic.

To listen click here.

Reactions: LAINEC

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009

Hasn't he been killing it with the Moose?

m.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013

It was in the AHL. It's not like he hasn't played hockey since that game in December

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
It was in the AHL. It's not like he hasn't played hockey since that game in December

It was in the AHL- well you still have to be good there as well-right !! The bottom line, is we really have to have a "backup goalie" and Comrie is the only guy ready to go. We may as well see what he can do. He looks like a very small goaltender, but if he has really fast reflexes, maybe he'll be fine ??

Have to be honest -- I don't have much confidence in him -- but I would love him to prove me wrong -- just like Helle did this year. I'd like the Jet's to win this LA game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad