Aye; 24 games have we leapt,
As will a besotted courtier
Beyond false .500,
And now face we yonder Kings.
Now thy squad shall square up,
And deign to assume a Kingslayer’s mien, as -
Frailty, thy name is Quick.

Cowardly Kings die many times before their deaths, but
The valiant Jets shall never taste of death.
Blood (Buff), destruction (Patty) and Comrie shall be so in use,
And dreadful objects so familiar,
That Kings’ mothers shall but smile when they behold
Their offspring quartered with the hands of war,
All pity choked with custom of fell deeds,
And our second line’s spirit, ranging for revenge,
With JoMo by their side come hot from hell.

For in these MTS confines shall we quell a monarch’s voice?
Soft! This match will witness a burial of Royalty –
Full fathom five thy wizen’d Kings shall lie, post-play.
Of their bones are coral made.
Those are pearls that were their eyes,
But shadows now that doth fade,
And suffer a sea-change into something dank, dead and strange.

(And SportsNet doth protest too much, methinks).

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
I expect Comrie tonight. Helle didn't practice yesterday and he doesn't seem to like game day skates. It would be a nice block of rest for him. It would also get Comrie in a game before too much rust sets in.

Of course Maurice may have a completely different plan

Sorry for the identity theft, @JetsFan815. Only one picture can sum up my feelings about this. If Comrie plays, we are doomed. :scared:

winnipeg-fan.png

brock0791

Jul 2, 2015
Brilliant once again Zhamnov , Enstrom is perfect . Love LA , the city not the team . Go every year to golf and see bands on the Sunset Strip . Was able to play Pebble beach last year , this year Spyglass and Spanish bay . And if you don't golf , no one is going to know what I'm talking about . :laugh:

As beautiful as the views at Pebble are, Spyglass is a lot more fun to play. Highly suggest getting a caddy for all the stories and history of the course it really adds to the experience.

Reactions: Jets 31

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
Our depth at G drops off dramatically after Hutch imo, gifting 2 pts if Comrie gets the call. Unless a certain teenage sniper pots 5.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Our depth at G drops off dramatically after Hutch imo, gifting 2 pts if Comrie gets the call. Unless a certain teenage sniper pots 5.

The difference between a .925 goalie and a .905 goalie on 30 shots against is less than one goal.

Reactions: ocdaddy

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
As beautiful as the views at Pebble are, Spyglass is a lot more fun to play. Highly suggest getting a caddy for all the stories and history of the course it really adds to the experience.
I've heard just exactly what you said from a couple of people and read reviews of alot of people saying that as well . Pebble was a awesome experience but I'm really looking forward to Spyglass and Spanish bay , never considered the caddy part but I'm thinking we'll do just that now , thanks alot . :thumbu:

brock0791

Jul 2, 2015
I've heard just exactly what you said from a couple of people and read reviews of alot of people saying that as well . Pebble was a awesome experience but I'm really looking forward to Spyglass and Spanish bay , never considered the caddy part but I'm thinking we'll do just that now , thanks alot . :thumbu:

They used to have a deal where for $1400 each (2800 for 2) you got to play a round at pebble a round at spyglass and 2 nights in the inn. Used to rent a sports car from Budget's upgraded line and drive from San Fran and have some nice meals in Napa and Carmel. Amazing trip

Reactions: Jets 31

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Do you think we would be sitting where we are if Bucky was sporting a .905 this year?

I think you missed my point. The difference is less than a goal on average. That means for example instead of winning by two we win by one. In no way does it guarantee a loss like people post. On an individual game basis it is not that statistically significant.

Reactions: Gotaf7

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
His last NHL game was .857. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Yes and of course he will play exactly .857 in every other game he plays. You must be right. A sample size of one game is more than enough to evaluate a goalie :sarcasm:

BTW Helle has also had his share of games in the .800's

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Yes and of course he will play exactly .857 in every other game he plays. You must be right. A sample size of one game is more than enough to evaluate a goalie :sarcasm:

BTW Helle has also had his share of games in the .800's

The best we can hope for is Comrie gets yanked early after giving up 3 quick goals and we come back to salvage a point. Absolute best.

Now, would you please stop messing with my reverse jinx? ;)

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
So excited for this game, can't wait.
How much would we need to add to Trouba for Doughty, in case he still wants to leave?

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
They used to have a deal where for $1400 each (2800 for 2) you got to play a round at pebble a round at spyglass and 2 nights in the inn. Used to rent a sports car from Budget's upgraded line and drive from San Fran and have some nice meals in Napa and Carmel. Amazing trip
To funny because we are actually staying in San Fran this time and not LA . But I'm too cheap to stay at the Inn because the golf is pretty pricey and we still have all the things the wives want to do . Man they always get to do what THEY want to do . :laugh:

Reactions: brock0791
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad