Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs. Golden Knights - Friday November 10 9:30pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I don't disagree, but the strong opinions on who plays in the bottom 6 mostly has little impact on the final outcome IMO. If someone like Armia started to play to his potential game after game, maybe this view changes as he would have a continuous impact. But as it is he disappears for long stretches and offers very little. Overall I'm not as big of fan of our bottom of the roster players as some and think we could be a real contender with some timely upgrades.
Agreed, most of those players are under performing, so from that standpoint you're right. Upgrades would be great and one will come in the form of Perreault hopefully soon. Lowry getting back to game speed should help as well.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Agreed, most of those players are under performing, so from that standpoint you're right. Upgrades would be great and one will come in the form of Perreault hopefully soon. Lowry getting back to game speed should help as well.
Agreed. MP and a healthy Lowry is a big step in the right direction. And actually I'd have Armia on that line. I just don't have that strong of opinions among most of our bottom 6, though Tanev's play has grown on me. I fully believe we will be a playoff team and will be hoping hard when the time comes we go for it and make a big add at the TD.

Reactions: Ducky10

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Agreed. MP and a healthy Lowry is a big step in the right direction. And actually I'd have Armia on that line. I just don't have that strong of opinions among most of our bottom 6, though Tanev's play has grown on me. I fully believe we will be a playoff team and will be hoping hard when the time comes we go for it and make a big add at the TD.
Yeah, Tanev is proving me wrong, happily. His best role is still on the 4th line with a healthy lineup, but that's not a knock on him in any way. 85-17-40 is my preference as well.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Judging from players individual Instagram posts, so far they have been at a golf driving range/course, eaten at restaurants and taken various hotel room view pictures of buildings and fountains. Doesn't look like much debauchery going on.

Only amateurs leave evidence of debauchery on the internet ;)

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada

I'm not sure they need / can afford a big add?
An expiring contract on a forward to improve our top 9 would likely be what we need. A value add... someone with low pedigree like Stempniak who has an impact way above their pay grade. I think if they chase a big fish you are giving up a big asset. I don't see True North parting ways with 1st round draft picks etc...

Roslovic may also provide a spark to our lineup in the 2nd half of the season.

Time will tell.
Chevy's adds in 2015 were pretty good for that run.
We are constructed much differently now so we'll see.

If they can add a bonafide contributor without harming the future of the team then I'm all for it!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Gotta feel bad for Mason for not getting the opportunity to right what is wrong.

He's not even half bad that his record indicates for this season but perhaps not playing Helle will expose this team. Perhaps not. Playing Vegas we will probably see a ridiculous amount of low-to-mid scoring chances from a hard-working team so playing Helle here makes sense in that case. I would have given Mason the Dallas start.

I wouldn't give Helle all the starts though, this is starting to become a bit worrisome.

I have been critical of Paul for many things but I am fine with how he has handled the goalies so far. Hellebuyck’s start is a gift from the hockey gods so you have to take advantage of it. Mason will play Saturday most likely.

Our schedule has been against tough competition but has been very spaced out with nice pockets of time off which has allowed PMo to ride one of the hottest goalies in the league. Have to bag the points when you can.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Hendricks should have come out when Lowry returned.

Really don't get how any real hockey guy can think Hendricks still belongs in the NHL!

Sure Hendricks seems like a great guy but so was Slater and a bunch of other guys no longer playing the NHL. Hendricks is to the point of embarrassing himself out there already, I'm sure there are lot of guys that are faster in Manitoba mens senior hockey leagues.

Reactions: GNP

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Really don't get how any real hockey guy can think Hendricks still belongs in the NHL!

Sure Hendricks seems like a great guy but so was Slater and a bunch of other guys no longer playing the NHL. Hendricks is to the point of embarrassing himself out there already, I'm sure there are lot of guys that are faster in Manitoba mens senior hockey leagues.

Way to go Sip, we need a guy like you that will bring out the sandpaper and add a little "grit" to this forum, and tell it like it is. This Hendricks guy is a total waste of 3/4 of a million $ bucs. There are other muckers and head bangers with the Jets, that are younger faster and better--like Tanev, and Mathias, and Lowry. Why would we sign another guy like him ?? Maybe to be Buff's fishing partner to catch "big sturgeon":nod:

Reactions: sipowicz

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
In the limited time both see the ice, probably true. Armia still brings way more potential to bring a positive impact though, which is the point.

This is very true.

But I also like not having Scheifele on the penalty kill, and I think Hendricks is more likely to take PK minutes than Armia. Not that that's right, but it will temper my disappointment if Armia is the one to come out (should we be so lucky, given that that would mean the forward lineup is healthy).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad