Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs. Golden Knights - Friday November 10 9:30pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I went into this season with a checklist of things I wanted to see from this team. They've started to meet some of these, but the big one is what you mention. Playing down to teams is a bad, bad sign.

This is a bit of confirmation bias. The Jets had a decent record against non playoff teams last year.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
This is a bit of confirmation bias. The Jets had a decent record against non playoff teams last year.
Yes, last year it wasn't terrible, although longer term I don't think its good. I also think good teams play down to the Jets. In any case this team needs to show it can pick up points when they are there for the taking....and while they are still meaningful games.

I especially recall the New Years no show loss to the Islanders, then losing to Buffalo and Arizona. This was a critical time and may have sealed our fate.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
The Jets haven't lost to any bad teams so far - maybe the Habs or the Flames you could argue, but they haven't dropped any points to legit bottom-feeders yet.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Yes, last year it wasn't terrible, although longer term I don't think its good. I also think good teams play down to the Jets. In any case this team needs to show it can pick up points when they are there for the taking....and while they are still meaningful games.

I especially recall the New Years no show loss to the Islanders, then losing to Buffalo and Arizona. This was a critical time and may have sealed our fate.

They aren't going to win every game against the bottom third of the league. They just need to win at a high enough rate.

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
Gotta feel bad for Mason for not getting the opportunity to right what is wrong.

He's not even half bad that his record indicates for this season but perhaps not playing Helle will expose this team. Perhaps not. Playing Vegas we will probably see a ridiculous amount of low-to-mid scoring chances from a hard-working team so playing Helle here makes sense in that case. I would have given Mason the Dallas start.

I wouldn't give Helle all the starts though, this is starting to become a bit worrisome.

Reactions: Kgame

Say What

Building a Legacy 4/28/96 Never again!!
Jan 18, 2015
Gotta feel bad for Mason for not getting the opportunity to right what is wrong.

He's not even half bad that his record indicates for this season but perhaps not playing Helle will expose this team. Perhaps not. Playing Vegas we will probably see a ridiculous amount of low-to-mid scoring chances from a hard-working team so playing Helle here makes sense in that case. I would have given Mason the Dallas start.

I wouldn't give Helle all the starts though, this is starting to become a bit worrisome.

I don't believe there's anything to worry about. Mason is fine; he'll receive the following two starts.

Time will tell.

BellMTSPlace

Oct 5, 2017
BellMTSPlace_____Downtown
Why wouldn't they not take the game seriously? I don't understand this line of thinking.

Oh well i've been involved with sports for a long time so I have experience knowing that teams tank games when they dont take them seriously. They have been on a nice little row and well, that sometimes, is the beginning of a downfall, for teams that aren't ready to be great all the time.

And they have had a bad few days off and their minds might be in a different place. You know, we don't have any superstars and outright winners like the penguins/blackhawks,etc

Nobody on our team can lead this team through these type of stretches so its an unknown how they will come out Friday/Saturday.

Packofwolves

Nov 5, 2017
Oh well i've been involved with sports for a long time so I have experience knowing that teams tank games when they dont take them seriously. They have been on a nice little row and well, that sometimes, is the beginning of a downfall, for teams that aren't ready to be great all the time.

And they have had a bad few days off and their minds might be in a different place. You know, we don't have any superstars and outright winners like the penguins/blackhawks,etc

Nobody on our team can lead this team through these type of stretches so its an unknown how they will come out Friday/Saturday

That's when our 3th and 4th lines have to carry the team for a few games

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg

Nobody on our team can lead this team through these type of stretches so its an unknown how they will come out Friday/Saturday.

I had a long response to this post ready but I think this gif sums my thoughts up a little better

200w.gif

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013

I can't imagine why they wouldn't take the game seriously. I think you're just blowing smoke. They may lay an Egg but it won't be for the reason you cite here

Reactions: YWGinYYZ

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Jets are a good team. It's happening people. There is a lot of PTSD from the days of Stuart and Pavelec so I can forgive fans for not believing at this juncture. Games in hand kind of messes with things but the Jets are like a top 5 team in the league right now. It's not a fluke!!

Reactions: KingBogo

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Who will come out of the lineup when MP is back? It should be Hendricks but I have a bad feeling Maurice will go full Maurice and throw Armia to the PB

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Jets are a good team. It's happening people. There is a lot of PTSD from the days of Stuart and Pavelec so I can forgive fans for not believing at this juncture. Games in hand kind of messes with things but the Jets are like a top 5 team in the league right now. It's not a fluke!!

You forgot Thor

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
Who will come out of the lineup when MP is back? It should be Hendricks but I have a bad feeling Maurice will go full Maurice and throw Armia to the PB

Hard to blame you for being cynical but I'll bet it's Hendricks.

.......at least it better be.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
While I prefer Armia over Hendricks. Hendricks in over Armia is very unlikely to make any difference in the actual outcome of a game.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
While I prefer Armia over Hendricks. Hendricks in over Armia is very unlikely to make any difference in the actual outcome of a game.

In the limited time both see the ice, probably true. Armia still brings way more potential to bring a positive impact though, which is the point.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
In the limited time both see the ice, probably true. Armia still brings way more potential to bring a positive impact though, which is the point.
I don't disagree, but the strong opinions on who plays in the bottom 6 mostly has little impact on the final outcome IMO. If someone like Armia started to play to his potential game after game, maybe this view changes as he would have a continuous impact. But as it is he disappears for long stretches and offers very little. Overall I'm not as big of fan of our bottom of the roster players as some and think we could be a real contender with some timely upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce