Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Devils - Thu Mar 8 6:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I agree, he's not saying "broken collarbone"...Scheifele is however saying "collarbone." Reread my post. I'm agreeing with you.

As already brought up, it's the context of him saying this word that is up in the air.

I had hoped someone may have been able to lip read the rest of the words he said to the trainer.
I think I was agreeing with you.

Edit: I took it as a positive saying it wasn't the same as previous injury.

Reactions: Arthur Fonzarelli

avgard

Jan 8, 2017
tomorrow also new games again. laine must be doing nothing today, hope he figure out how to focus maximarly during offday. importants he maybe can Think of something not hockey today so it not go to head. stay at same level now...12 to 50 22 to 60. i Believe he maybe also hit 60 already this season. he can score 22 in 16. tomorrow if laine score say 4-5 goals then somekind of celebration here at boards must come to hold. for sure 50 at least to speak! very impressive confidencelevelboost at him recently. i told you this coach made him not so good earliers when not giving him working playmates and enough icetimes. hope tomorrow over 20 minites and destroying results once more. it may come some sort of feeling next game that he feels ashamed to score more at this time and not taking it so seriously for some Days. lets hope focus is 100% to score more and more goals anyway. also opponent more and more try to stop him. i feel Dirty tricks and hits may come and jeopardising things. lets play wise and tough. laine stay cool. allright! LEMIEUXCLASS OR BETTER!

lets say this once again; expecting BIG HUGE MONEMUMTAL THINGS from laine again tomorrow, DESPITE WHAT! . alright

avgard hockeyprofessor

Reactions: Ippenator

jets2020champs

Nov 6, 2016
Canada
Maybe Avgard was right all along. Laine was good, but now with a veteran, smart and skilled centre, he is even better. Don’t worry about the opponents playing dirty to slow down Laine. Buff will take care of them.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Should be a good test for the Jet's on the road, and I think if they win, it will be like 4-5 games in a row- "fantastic." It's going to be a fast, and close game here.

I sure do like that Taylor Hall- great center ice man--and I do not understand how the Oilers gave him away for nothing ? -- the GM of the Oilers should be fired !!!

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Chasing history here.

Couldn't have said it better! At lunch today, I was thinking about Jets history (1.0 and 2.0), some of the great plays we've seen this season - setting the team's current play in perspective. Good times.

I'm very excited for this team. NJ is playing well, but so are we.

Thinking that perhaps Ehlers and Wheeler, perhaps Farmboy get in on the fun for this tilt.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
He is not saying broken collarbone. I take it he is saying it is separate from previous injury. The way he walked off the ice was 100 X's different than his last injury. He was walking pretty confidently and not hunched over in excruciating pain. Looks like a short term strain type injury IMO.

His demeanor would have been much different if it was a break. There is a simple test if you break your clavicle, just try to lift your arm above your shoulder.

Reactions: HannuJ and GNP
Nov 24, 2006
Should be a good test for the Jet's on the road, and I think if they win, it will be like 4-5 games in a row- "fantastic." It's going to be a fast, and close game here.

I sure do like that Taylor Hall- great center ice man--and I do not understand how the Oilers gave him away for nothing ? -- the GM of the Oilers should be fired !!!

Left winger.

Reactions: Mathil8
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Maybe Schief said it’s definitely NOT my collar bone :)

The first thing he appears to say is "I can't breathe" he then says something about his collar bone & the trainer immediately touches him precisely there.

I've got a legally deaf friend who gets by reading lips. I've been waiting on her since noon today to get back to me as to exactly what he's saying. If she figures it out I'll share.

Insthofen

Dec 2, 2016
NJ is in wild card position, so they play all in hockey. Jets are maybe a bit preparing for the playoffs, and being careful with smallest of injuries. I'm expecting a difficult game, that we cannot win on even strength, but maybe with special teams we can do it.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Chiarelli is a joke.
He traded away Hall and Eberle and now they need wingers? Whodathunk?
They need a offensive minded D man so, I hope Chevy bends him over and trades Myers to them.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
The first thing he appears to say is "I can't breathe" he then says something about his collar bone & the trainer immediately touches him precisely there.

I've got a legally deaf friend who gets by reading lips. I've been waiting on her since noon today to get back to me as to exactly what he's saying. If she figures it out I'll share.

Look what you have done TNSE. They should have just put out a press release about Scheifele's situation instead of letting people speculate all day.

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
Chiarelli is a joke.
He traded away Hall and Eberle and now they need wingers? Whodathunk?
They need a offensive minded D man so, I hope Chevy bends him over and trades Myers to them.

Ohhh reunite Poolparty with Goat boy. Me likely.
maxresdefault.jpg

Laine’s Troll smile and Pulju Derp face would be an amazing combination.

Last edited:

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
Ohhh reunite Poolparty with Goat boy. Me likely.
maxresdefault.jpg
It wouldn't even surprise me if Chiarelli agreed to a Myers/Poolparty deal :laugh:

It would be a steal for us, and Chia wouldn't even know it before he gives Myers 1st pair minutes and Poolparty explodes in production with his wingman from the juniors.

Reactions: Aggie204

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
He hasn't been that impressive seeing where he was drafted and who he plays with if you ask me.

Reactions: Aggie204

Calendal

May 16, 2016
London, England
He hasn't been that impressive seeing where he was drafted and who he plays with if you ask me.

Getting quite offtopic here (Hall -> Oilers -> Pulju).

I'm not sure how Jets would go about developing Puljujärvi? Oilers already had him sit in pressbox too much but he was promoted from AHL and is at least surviving NHL (not thriwing). He might turn into a great player yet but I would feel a little bit uneasy taking him on at this juncture - we just can't slot him anywhere.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
His demeanor would have been much different if it was a break. There is a simple test if you break your clavicle, just try to lift your arm above your shoulder.
been there, done that.
let me tell you....i don't like that test at all.

Reactions: surixon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad