Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Devils - Thu Mar 8 6:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Watch out Newark. Hatrik Laine is coming to burn down your village :arr:

Today is a CBA day off so no practice no media. Here's what Maurice said last night regarding Bambi

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Winnipeg Jets Betting Odds Expected To Tumble With Scheifele Out - GET MORE SPORTS says he's out indefinitely, has there been any news or is that just a trash article? I'd guess the latter.

The Maurice quote in the OP is the latest. I would not be surprised if they keep him out for the remainder of this road trip. Look how careful they've been with Enstrom.

Speaking of Enstrom. I think he'll be back for this game. Do they keep Morrissey Buff together? They've been very good since being reunited.

Last edited:
Reactions: SUX2BU

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Sportsnet says he leaves the game. They link to the article and state that he's out indefinitely. It's conjecture and click-bait crap. He COULD very well be out longer term, but they're taking a wild-ass guess at the moment.

I agree. We do know exactly where the injury is this time though because you could see him showing the trainer by digging down inside his clavicle. Doesn't tell us what the injury is, but we know where it is. I'm hoping just a pulled muscle or something similar.

Do we know what his last injury was? I thought it was also clavicle, but maybe the other side, maybe broken as opposed to soft tissue?

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
The Maurice quote in the OP is the latest. I would not be surprised if the keep him out for the remainder of this road trip. Look how careful they've been with Enstrom.

Speaking of Enstrom. I think he'll be back for this game. Do they keep Morrissey Buff together? They've been very good since being reunited.
I’d be all for keeping Mark out of the lineup for this road trip also.
AC you were correct 100% about Mason.
I hope we can continue skating against the Devils like we did the Rangers.
I really liked last nights game a lot.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
The Maurice quote in the OP is the latest. I would not be surprised if the keep him out for the remainder of this road trip. Look how careful they've been with Enstrom.

Well seeing as how we have been winning, I just want everyone held out until they are actually 100%. There is no sense in jeopardizing our playoffs.

Reactions: ERYX

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I’d be all for keeping Mark out of the lineup for this road trip also.
AC you were correct 100% about Mason.
I hope we can continue skating against the Devils like we did the Rangers.
I really liked last nights game a lot.

Yes, that game was a pleasure to watch. The lines/players that didn't score, were still skating and creating chances, they just didn't go in.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I still think we see a pure rotation for the rest of the trip

NJD - Helle
Philly - Mase (afternoon game)
Wash - Helle
Nash - Mase

Reactions: HPsauce

Sammy225

Aug 9, 2011
I have enjoyed following Halls streak..... Its a shame we are going to ruin it.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Hope it’s not another broken collar bone that would suck ass

Trust me Scheifele would have known instantly if he had a broken collar bone. You can self diagnose quite easily especially if you have already had one. The fact that he was able to move his shoulder around fairly easily as shown on TV a couple of times would lead me to suspect its not that.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
I still think we see a pure rotation for the rest of the trip

NJD - Helle
Philly - Mase (afternoon game)
Wash - Helle
Nash - Mase

I would reverse what you have. Buck plays well in afternoon games and he's our go-to guy against Nashvile

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I would reverse what you have. Buck plays well in afternoon games and he's our go-to guy against Nashvile

Mason vs the Flyers is a natural though. I also don’t want Helle to sit two in a row

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013

antiqueslivers

Apr 16, 2015
man I sorta thought schief maybe hurt a rib or two from the collision. I thought I heard mention also of him having a hard time breathing. My other guess is that after the collision his side tightened up which may have been pulling on some of those muscles around his shoulder and collar bone.... then again I work on antiques not people so I really have no clue. But did anyone else hear about the breathing issue or is my addled brain playing tricks again.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
The Maurice quote in the OP is the latest. I would not be surprised if they keep him out for the remainder of this road trip. Look how careful they've been with Enstrom.

Agree with you on Schief

Morrissey - Buff
Enstrom - Myers
Chiarot - Kulikov (right side, he did it before)

Any issues with either Buff or Myers, switch the left D

Put Morrow in the press box

Reactions: csk

Mathil8

▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌
Jul 24, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
man I sorta thought schief maybe hurt a rib or two from the collision. I thought I heard mention also of him having a hard time breathing. My other guess is that after the collision his side tightened up which may have been pulling on some of those muscles around his shoulder and collar bone.... then again I work on antiques not people so I really have no clue. But did anyone else hear about the breathing issue or is my addled brain playing tricks again.

I heard that too, but it was just the play by play guy speculating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad