Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Devils - Thu Mar 8 6:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Hope it’s not another broken collar bone that would suck ass

I highly doubt that he broke a bone, as I believe he played a couple shifts after the injury. You "know" when you break a bone, and usually go off the ice, and into the dressing room right away. Maybe it's not to serious ?? I'm also not sure I believe Maurice when he says it's not a re-aggravation of the old injury ?- but could be.

BTW- I never read his last injury was a broken collar bone ?- does anyone know for sure ? These shoulder injuries are very tough.

I would think he got this injury when he collided with Wheeler, and I hope it's not serious, as I'd like to see him in the lineup for the playoffs--we will need him.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Outside Looking In
Obligatory

devils_suck.gif

teebanas

Feb 27, 2013
West St Paul MB
I heard that too, but it was just the play by play guy speculating.

I think in the video of Scheifele speaking with the trainer you can see him clearly mouth “breathing” and he puts his hand over his chest almost then you can also see him say “collar bone” , who knows for sure but that’s as far as my detective skills go lol

Reactions: Arthur Fonzarelli

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
So I was watching Tim and Sid because the batteries in the remote died and I couldn't change the channel but anyhow Sid said that early indications are the injury to Scheifele is not serious. Take that for what it's worth as not sure where he got his info.

one other person

Tripping thru time and space
Feb 19, 2018
Sunny St. Somewhere
Sooooo if Scheif’s out, who’s in and more importantly who’s up? Is the Wheeler line still taking tough matchups or is there something else? Is there a tough matchup for the Statsny line at this point?

I have so many questions and so little brainpower. Can’t...think...

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Sooooo if Scheif’s out, who’s in and more importantly who’s up? Is the Wheeler line still taking tough matchups or is there something else? Is there a tough matchup for the Statsny line at this point?

I have so many questions and so little brainpower. Can’t...think...

Tanev in, Petan up, Copp 3C, Hendricks 4C. Please no Wheeler at C.

Reactions: one other person

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Maurice will go...

KC Wheeler Armia
Ehlers Stast Laine
MP Little Roslo
Copper Hendo Tanev

JM Buff
Enstrom Myers
Chiarot Kuli

Helle Mason

In no order, I'd go...
MP Roslo Wheeler
Ehlers Stast Laine
KC Little Armia
Dano Copper Tanev

JM Buff
Enstrom Kuli
Chiarot Myers

Helle Mason

one other person

Tripping thru time and space
Feb 19, 2018
Sunny St. Somewhere
Maurice will go...

KC Wheeler Armia
Ehlers Stast Laine
MP Little Roslo
Copper Hendo Tanev

JM Buff
Enstrom Myers
Chiarot Kuli

Helle Mason

In no order, I'd go...
MP Roslo Wheeler
Ehlers Stast Laine
KC Little Armia
Dano Copper Tanev

JM Buff
Enstrom Kuli
Chiarot Myers

Helle Mason
Could Little and Wheeler somehow end up together for at least one game? Probably not but I kinda want to see it

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
If you watch Scheifele's conversation with the Jets trainer, Scheifele clearly says the words "collar bone" at the 31 second mark.

Jets lose Mark Scheifele to upper-body injury - Sportsnet.ca

Whether he's talking about it in a positive or negative light escapes my lip reading abilities.

I saw that too.

I think his shoulder tightened up. It looked like he was trying to loosen up on the bench.

All the area around the break would still be uber sensitive to trauma. If he gets hit too hard then his tendons stretch out, his muscles stretch out, and the whole area gets enflamed. He'll probably be icing pretty hard for the next few days. Ice on, then heat, then ice, then rest, and so on

Just a guess

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
The Maurice quote in the OP is the latest. I would not be surprised if they keep him out for the remainder of this road trip. Look how careful they've been with Enstrom.

Speaking of Enstrom. I think he'll be back for this game. Do they keep Morrissey Buff together? They've been very good since being reunited.
Yes they've been too good- he almost has to keep them together doesn't he?

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Time to break Hall's streak and continue Laine's

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Simple change would be:

Connor Wheeler Armia/Rosie
Perreault Little Armia/Rosie
Ehlers Stastny Laine (first time I've ever written "Stastny" in Jets lineup...felt weird)
Hendricks Copp Tanev

Possible option to get Little going:

Perreault Little Wheeler
Ehlers Stastny Laine
Connor Copp Rosie
Tanev Hendricks Armia

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
I think in the video of Scheifele speaking with the trainer you can see him clearly mouth “breathing” and he puts his hand over his chest almost then you can also see him say “collar bone” , who knows for sure but that’s as far as my detective skills go lol

I posted the same thing earlier today & included the video link at post #20. You can clearly se Scheifele say the words "collar bone" to the trainer while being tended to on the bench.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
If you watch Scheifele's conversation with the Jets trainer, Scheifele clearly says the words "collar bone" at the 31 second mark.

Jets lose Mark Scheifele to upper-body injury - Sportsnet.ca

Whether he's talking about it in a positive or negative light escapes my lip reading abilities.
He is not saying broken collarbone. I take it he is saying it is separate from previous injury. The way he walked off the ice was 100 X's different than his last injury. He was walking pretty confidently and not hunched over in excruciating pain. Looks like a short term strain type injury IMO.

Reactions: surixon and GNP
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
He is not saying broken collarbone. I take it he is saying it is separate from previous injury. The way he walked off the ice was 100 X's different than his last injury. He was walking pretty confidently and not hunched over in excruciating pain. Looks like a short term strain type injury IMO.

I agree, he's not saying "broken collarbone"...Scheifele is however saying "collarbone." Reread my post. I'm agreeing with you.

As already brought up, it's the context of him saying this word that is up in the air.

I had hoped someone may have been able to lip read the rest of the words he said to the trainer.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
FWIW...
Bad news... Fefe is doubtful to play tomorrow
Good news... early indication that his injury is not serious

Since this is at 6 PM today it would have been well after an exhaustive medical workup so you can pretty much take it for truth. Someone looks to be sharing some inside info with Dreger to mend a few fences after the Stastny out of nowhere trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->