Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Capitals Feb 19 6:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

PegCityPuck

Mar 8, 2012
So, if Stafford is back in, does Buff stay on D?

I'm looking forward to seeing Klingberg. He might bring a bit of jump to the bottom 6.

It's my understanding that coach announced Buff is going to be playing forward tomorrow night. Therefore, we could see Stafford + Buff or Klingberg + Buff playing forward tomorrow night depending on Staffords day to day injury status. In both scenarios Buff is playing forward. Unless the coach changes his mind or I am wrong about what the coach said we won't see Buff playing D tomorrow.

Didn't buff fill in for Perreault when he was out with the elbow thingy? I am thinking he is going back to that setup and will use Klingberg to fill in for Stafford if Stafford remains day to day.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Hmmm, if Staffford plays I see Klingberg playing and Buff on D as an upgrade over either Harrison ro Pardy slotting in.

Losing Perreault hurts to be sure but let's see how Klinger fills in, it's not the end of the world. No teams are going to be able to replace one of their top 6 with an equal player, it sucks but they just have to keep playing the way they have been lately with the new body.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
If Stafford plays Buff will play D

@MitchPeacock1: If Stafford can't go tomorrow Byfuglien will move up and play with Frolik & Scheifele. #NHLJets #cbcmb

@pwilliamsNHL: Byfuglien will go back to forward, pending Stafford's return.

PegCityPuck

Mar 8, 2012
That makes the most sense.

If we have an extra Dman and Buff can play forward in a pinch but don't want to utilize buff as a forward why carry the extra Dman? We would be better off carrying a 13th forward. Right now we are sitting on Postma Pardy & Harrison. If they are not good enough to be one of our Dmen when a forward goes down, it defeats the purpose of carrying an extra dman.

If we are that committed to Buff on D and don't want to utilize him as a forward when given the opportunity than we should be looking at trading a dman ASAP.

What makes the most sense to me is to play Buff as a forward.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
Hmmm, if Staffford plays I see Klingberg playing and Buff on D as an upgrade over either Harrison ro Pardy slotting in..

This is what I said, I stand by it. If Stafford can't go by all means play Buff up front, but that wasn't what I was referring to.

If we have an extra Dman and Buff can play forward in a pinch but don't want to utilize buff as a forward why carry the extra Dman? We would be better off carrying a 13th forward. Right now we are sitting on Postma Pardy & Harrison. If they are not good enough to be one of our Dmen when a forward goes down, it defeats the purpose of carrying an extra dman.

If we are that committed to Buff on D and don't want to utilize him as a forward when given the opportunity than we should be looking at trading a dman ASAP.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

Agreed. And that's what we saw before we traded Kane. Buff gives the Jets the flexibility to hold onto the extra d-man.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
Agreed. And that's what we saw before we traded Kane. Buff gives the Jets the flexibility to hold onto the extra d-man.

Assuming Stafford can go I'd rather see how Klingberg does and keep Buff on D. It's a matter of the best possible lineup, which really boils down to Klingberg or one of Harrison or Pardy. I'd like to think it's the former, for our sake.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
Assuming Stafford can go I'd rather see how Klingberg does and keep Buff on D. It's a matter of the best possible lineup, which really boils down to Klingberg or one of Harrison or Pardy. I'd like to think it's the former, for our sake.

Well good news is that's what the plan is.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
Well good news is that's what the plan is.

200_s.gif

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

Don't necessarily disagree, but Buff's flexibility is what let's you run with 12 forwards and 9 d. But also begs the question why they are unwilling to give Postma another shot.

PegCityPuck

Mar 8, 2012

Ya, so given all of that. If we see Klingberg & Stafford playing and Buff on D than we can consider it a trial run for a possible Postma/Pardy/Harrison trade.

However, Buff may be the best forward option if we can't make a decent trade and our callups aren't getting the job done.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
Don't necessarily disagree, but Buff's flexibility is what let's you run with 12 forwards and 9 d. But also begs the question why they are unwilling to give Postma another shot.

True, I think we're talking about two slightly different things actually :). I am just puzzled by the Postma situation though, I know he had a bit of a bad stretch but from my recollection it wasn't any worse than some of the train wrecks Harrison has put up and Pardy has been nothing but inconsistent mostly. The strangest part is the insistence on playing somebody on their off side instead of him.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
True, I think we're talking about two slightly different things actually :). I am just puzzled by the Postma situation though, I know he had a bit of a bad stretch but from my recollection it wasn't any worse than some of the train wrecks Harrison has put up and Pardy has been nothing but inconsistent mostly. The strangest part is the insistence on playing somebody on their off side instead of him.

No I threw in the Postma point, after you listed the extra d. If he really is our 9th defensemen, maybe now is the time to move him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce