Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Capitals Feb 19 6:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Time to look forward.

No practice is scheduled today, so I'm not sure when or even if we'll get any injury update.

Tomorrow's practice is at the iceplex 11:00

The Capitals have been on a long west coast road trip and play in Pittsburgh tonight before returning home.

Don't want Pavelec to play in this one. He is terrible against that team and Ovechkin always seems to light him up.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
As I stated earlier, this one is as close to a guaranteed loss as a game can be.

I'll be up in the nosebleeds in a Trouba jersey.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Sounds like the new toy is not on an airplane to Winnipeg

@RickRalphTSN: #NHLJets prospect Joel Armia scheduled to join the show at noon today.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Sounds like the new toy is not on an airplane to Winnipeg

@RickRalphTSN: #NHLJets prospect Joel Armia scheduled to join the show at noon today.

Armia wasn't at practice with the Icecaps so we'll see if his little chat with Mr. Ralph gets cancelled unless he chats on the way to the airport.

If Armia does not get called up right away because it means both Perreault and Stafford are okay then I'll take that option.

seasontixholder*

Armia wasn't at practice with the Icecaps so we'll see if his little chat with Mr. Ralph gets cancelled unless he chats on the way to the airport.

If Armia does not get called up right away because it means both Perreault and Stafford are okay then I'll take that option.

I sure hope so. I posted in another thread that the only way Armia can come up is to waive or trade someone. The other way would be for Perreault or Stafford go on ir. Not a good scenario if he is called up.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I sure hope so. I posted in another thread that the only way Armia can come up is to waive or trade someone. The other way would be for Perreault or Stafford go on ir. Not a good scenario if he is called up.

They could probably put Harrison on retro IR as well, which would be a sign that neither Perreault or Stafford is seriously injured enough to miss a week.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
@cgballardsports: Looks like everyone is on the ice except for Armia. #IceCapsInsider

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
@cgballardsports: Looks like everyone is on the ice except for Armia. #IceCapsInsider

Yeah he didn't practise today but is going to be on 1290am at noon, so he's not on an airplane to Winnipeg. At least not yet.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Yeah he didn't practise today but is going to be on 1290am at noon, so he's not on an airplane to Winnipeg. At least not yet.

He's either injured, sick or on his way to play with the Jets. My guess is he's going to be with the Jets in DC.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
He's either injured, sick or on his way to play with the Jets. My guess is he's going to be with the Jets in DC.

I could see Cormier joining the team in DC. I doubt that Armia would be in the lineup without at least one practice and without Maurice ever seeing him play live. Might have just been a maintenance day fir Armia.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Injury secrecy at this time of year is probably a good idea. Trade deadline and all.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
The plot thickens

@RickRalphTSN: #NHLJets prospect Joel Armia pushed back to tomorrow.

White Out 403*

I have to bring it up again, every time we play in DC, when I was out there 2 years ago and Pavelec let the 1st goal in off his back from behind the red line in a must win game with playoff implications.

Start Hutch.

Any word on Stafford?

RonJon

May 18, 2011
I have to bring it up again, every time we play in DC, when I was out there 2 years ago and Pavelec let the 1st goal in off his back from behind the red line in a must win game with playoff implications.

Start Hutch.

Any word on Stafford?

I agree, and day off for the team so no updates on injuries....not that they would tell us anything other than upper or lower even if they could :shakehead

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
Looking at the schedule, Jets have more 2-day separations between games in the next couple of weeks. So other teams will catch-up more in games-played and we should get a better sense of how we need to finish our business...which is WIN.

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
At least maybe Ov will stop diving for a game or two, with GetsLaugh calling him out. Perfect timing, most penalized team vs the biggest diver.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
msm has always told me that teams lose first game back from long road trips. so all the vcash on the jets, as the kids would say.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Let's sign Tim Stapleton to a one game deal, remember the big OT goal he scored against the Caps in 2011-2012.

Let's unload the Staplebomb on them. :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad