Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Canucks - Thur Oct 12 - 9:00 CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
3rd-line Jesus has been resurrected. Praise the Mo.

Saw an interesting stat today from Dellow - Jets 3rd line was the 17th worst line in the league at 5 on 5 goal differential last year. There were 103 lines that were better than them, many of which were 4th lines - including our own 4th line. Obviously, ice time is a factor, but I don't think our 3rd would compare positively to more than a handful of the worst 3rd lines in the league. And we are doubling down in this with Tanev over Armia?

PP practice now.

PP1

Scheifele Wheeler Perrault Laine Morrissey

PP2
Petan Little Ehlers Myers Trouba

Lowry not on PP? Looks good to me.

Last edited:

ecolad

Nov 17, 2015
I`m very interested in the way Maurice has set up PP1 and PP2 - the first having one D and 4 forwards; the second having 2D and 3 forwards. I wonder if we might see two different PP strategies ? The reason I say this of course is that PP1 would lend itself so nicely to a 1:3:1 formation , incorporating Laine`s big shot as a main feature (much like the Caps do with Ovi). PP2 would more typically be an Umbrella or a Spread formation with Trouba and Myers at the high points.

The success or otherwise of PP1 will depend on how well Perreault can function on the right halfwall.

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
Saw an interesting stat today from Dellow - Jets 3rd line was the 17th worst line in the league at 5 on 5 goal differential last year. There were 103 lines that were better than them, including half the league's 4th lines.

Lowry not on PP? Looks good to me.

Wheeler the net front then.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Saw an interesting stat today from Dellow - Jets 3rd line was the 17th worst line in the league at 5 on 5 goal differential last year. There were 103 lines that were better than them, including half the league's 4th lines.
yeah but Tanev is no longer a rookie, so he's totally gonna be moving them up up up

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Just got home. UBC is about a 20 minute drive for me. The facility at UBC has 3 different ice sheets. To get to the third one you had to walk through the second one. When we got there some players were still gathered outside their dressing room(s). Exactly where Buff was standing in that pic I posted. They used more than one dressing room. It was tight quarters. Pretty much had to push Machoo out of the way to get by ;) Chevy and managent people were standing by the glass as Hendricks went through his on ice workout as we made our way to our seats. The glass is lower there than the iceplex and theres a few more rows of seats and I sat at the top, so I could easily hear the coaches describe the drills. First drill was pretty leisurely but the rest of the practice was pretty up tempo. As we were leaving we had to walk past a table of pizzas and then Buff (no he wasn't chowing down) He's actually pretty lean these days. Smallest I've ever seen him. My wife wanted to get her picture taken with Buff so I asked him and he was quite accomodating. Outside the arena Chevy was talking on his cellphone. Who's he trading anyway?

Glad to provide the updates.NHL......Please arrange for the Jets to have a UBC practice every time they play here. THANKS

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Saw an interesting stat today from Dellow - Jets 3rd line was the 17th worst line in the league at 5 on 5 goal differential last year. There were 103 lines that were better than them, many of which were 4th lines - including our own 4th line. Obviously, ice time is a factor, but I don't think our 3rd would compare positively to more than a handful of the worst 3rd lines in the league. And we are doubling down in this with Tanev over Armia?

5v5:

Matthias-Lowry-Armia: GF 13 GA 16 (GD -3)
Brown-Kadri-Komarov: GF 14 GA 13 (GD +1)
Hagelin-Bonino-Kessel: GF 5 GA 8 (GD -3)
Komarov-Kadri-Nylander: GF 12 GA 16 (GD -4)

I dunno, seems like 3rd line goal differential for the Jets most common 3rd line wasn't that terrible. Doesn't seem substantial enough to ruin the season, compared to some other teams.

Offensive zone starts for MLA were in the low 40% range.

Reactions: Festinator

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Re: which goalie to start ... This is a tough call. Yes, Hellebuyck played very well (especially in th first) and was key to our victory over Edmonton. On the other hand, if Mason is the starter, I think he goes in. The message to Helle is "great game but you're still the backup". I don't think one game means you've supplanted the starter.

Normally I'd agree with the bolded but does it apply when the designated starter has yet to play a decent game with this team? Pre-season doesn't count.

portamoral

Nov 6, 2015
Just got home. UBC is about a 20 minute drive for me. The facility at UBC has 3 different ice sheets. To get to the third one you had to walk through the second one. When we got there some players were still gathered outside their dressing room(s). Exactly where Buff was standing in that pic I posted. They used more than one dressingbroom. It was tight quarters. Pretty much had to push Machoo out of the way to get by ;) Chevy and managent people were standing by the glass as Hendricks went through his on ice workout as we made our way to our seats. The glass is lower there than the iceplex and theres a few more rows of seats and I sat at the top, so I could easily hear the coaches describe the drills. First drill was pretty leisurely but the rest of the practice was pretty up tempo. As we were leaving we had to walk past a table of pizzas and then Buff (no he wasn't chowing down) He's actually pretty lean these days. Smallest I've ever seen him. My wife wanted to get her picture taken with Buff so I asked him and he was quite accomodating. Outside the arena Chevy was talking on his cellphone. Who's he trading anyway?

Glad to provide the updates.NHL......Please arrange for the Jets to have a UBC practice every time they play here. THANKS
so he'll be a game time decision tomorrow night then i'm guessing?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Just got home. UBC is about a 20 minute drive for me. The facility at UBC has 3 different ice sheets. To get to the third one you had to walk through the second one. When we got there some players were still gathered outside their dressing room(s). Exactly where Buff was standing in that pic I posted. They used more than one dressing room. It was tight quarters. Pretty much had to push Machoo out of the way to get by ;) Chevy and managent people were standing by the glass as Hendricks went through his on ice workout as we made our way to our seats. The glass is lower there than the iceplex and theres a few more rows of seats and I sat at the top, so I could easily hear the coaches describe the drills. First drill was pretty leisurely but the rest of the practice was pretty up tempo. As we were leaving we had to walk past a table of pizzas and then Buff (no he wasn't chowing down) He's actually pretty lean these days. Smallest I've ever seen him. My wife wanted to get her picture taken with Buff so I asked him and he was quite accomodating. Outside the arena Chevy was talking on his cellphone. Who's he trading anyway?

Great work, as always AC.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Post-practice player audio: Hellebuyck & Scheifele.

Coach Maurice scrum topics: Health update on Byfuglien. Starting goalie tomorrow? More on Byfuglien injury. Status of Matt Hendricks? Is he riding the hot hand of Hellebuyck? What are the keys to following up from the win over Edmonton? Same lineup? Does he have an issue with a player fishing on a day off? Good day for the players yesterday?

To listen click here.

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
5v5:

Matthias-Lowry-Armia: GF 13 GA 16 (GD -3)
Brown-Kadri-Komarov: GF 14 GA 13 (GD +1)
Hagelin-Bonino-Kessel: GF 5 GA 8 (GD -3)
Komarov-Kadri-Nylander: GF 12 GA 16 (GD -4)

I dunno, seems like 3rd line goal differential for the Jets most common 3rd line wasn't that terrible. Doesn't seem substantial enough to ruin the season, compared to some other teams.

Offensive zone starts for MLA were in the low 40% range.

Do you think Dellow is trying to pull the wool over our eyes? Pull a fast one? Armia and Matthias missed what - 65 games? So maybe it's just a Lowry on the 3rd line and getting way too much ice time problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce