Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Canucks - Thur Oct 12 - 9:00 CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Just got home. UBC is about a 20 minute drive for me. The facility at UBC has 3 different ice sheets. To get to the third one you had to walk through the second one. When we got there some players were still gathered outside their dressing room(s). Exactly where Buff was standing in that pic I posted. They used more than one dressing room. It was tight quarters. Pretty much had to push Machoo out of the way to get by ;) Chevy and managent people were standing by the glass as Hendricks went through his on ice workout as we made our way to our seats. The glass is lower there than the iceplex and theres a few more rows of seats and I sat at the top, so I could easily hear the coaches describe the drills. First drill was pretty leisurely but the rest of the practice was pretty up tempo. As we were leaving we had to walk past a table of pizzas and then Buff (no he wasn't chowing down) He's actually pretty lean these days. Smallest I've ever seen him. My wife wanted to get her picture taken with Buff so I asked him and he was quite accomodating. Outside the arena Chevy was talking on his cellphone. Who's he trading anyway?

Glad to provide the updates.NHL......Please arrange for the Jets to have a UBC practice every time they play here. THANKS

Clearly you must have some sort of insider status if you can wander amongst the players instead of being immediately tackled and hauled away by arena security. Of course, the question on everyone's mind is... what kind of pizzas? Cause that can say a lot about a team. If you got your basic Canadian, Hawaiian, meat lovers varieties, this team has a good chance at success. Pesto, artichoke hearts, chevre, or asparagus and we're fighting for a playoff spot. Any sign of arugula, might as well re-open the tank thread. :nod:

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Maurice looks grumpy this afternoon

IMG_4251.jpg

Wow, who would have guessed that they had cold war era bomb bunkers in Vancouver, too.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Having lived in both Winnipeg and Vancouver I can say I've seen scarier things on East Hastings than I ever have in Winnipeg.
i have driven by East Hastings and i work in addiction.
E Hastings is intense as hell and is worse than anything i deal with in Toronto, but i remember driving down Alexander in wpg and that was horrific

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Someone really needs to take up the mantle on doing these practice reports, that was terrific

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Do you think Dellow is trying to pull the wool over our eyes? Pull a fast one? Armia and Matthias missed what - 65 games? So maybe it's just a Lowry on the 3rd line and getting way too much ice time problem.
Okay, then let's just look at a couple of third line C's.

Lowry: GF 32 GA 34 (GD -2) TOI 960
Kadri: GF 49 GA 52 (GD -3) TOI 1111

Goal differentials are marginal, and Lowry was clearly not far under water, despite some tough usage.

Maybe the whole ranking thing isn't the best way to compare, since there isn't that much difference between lines.

Fact is that Lowry and his line didn't score much 5v5, but they didn't give up a ton, either.

Last edited:

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Row 11 blue line ... my record of watching Jets in Vancouver ... Jets 0-10. The last one was a OT loss 2 years ago but to me its still a lost. Hopefully the jinx can be broken for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad