GDT: Jets vs Avs (Feb-3rd, 6PM) "Jesus vs Frosty"

Status
Not open for further replies.

CH3NO2

Jul 9, 2011
Awesome job Zhamnov!!! Was grinning the whole way through the op. Only thing I'd of had different would have been Trouba as Towlie lol But Adam works there as well and is less controversial.....

Reactions: Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I think Poolman is fundamentally a better player than Chiarot, and I suspect he'd look considerably better paired up with Kuli rather than Chiarot.
We always seem to go back to the well that player 'A' is playing with plugs which is impeding his abilities.

I don't know why those same people don't recognize when other players who play with those plugs have success. They don't want to admit that player 'A' might be the problem? We've seen it with Dano and Petan, but when guys like Armia or Connor/ Roslovic play with those 'plugs' they still have success.

Not attacking you specifically (or Poolman, for that matter), but it seems we look at things 2 different ways depending on if it fits with the bias of the players we are talking about.

Chiarot has proven what he is. A depth guy who can fill in adequately when needed. Guess what? Guys like that:

- Make mistakes
- Ice the puck
- Mess up passes

I think Chiarot plays within his abilities pretty well. Is Poolman a better player than Chiarot? I don't think he's demonstrably better game to game than Chiarot, though he is more skilled and he will most likely get there.

Player development isn't a straight line upwards. Coaches often sit guys so they can watch, pull them out of the lineup to work on things, send them down to the minors to get bigger roles and build confidence.

When you just plug all of your most skilled players into your lineup every game and 'let them figure it out', you get the Edmonton Oilers.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
yeah fair enough I just don't see where we gain so much by having Chiarot in over Poolman that we need to be moving guys to their off wings or whatnot in order to make it happen...

Reactions: Jet

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
yeah fair enough I just don't see where we gain so much by having Chiarot in over Poolman that we need to be moving guys to their off wings or whatnot in order to make it happen...
I'd be willing to bet there is some information we don't know in this specific instance - nagging injury, matchup info, something like that.

I hope people are starting to understand that Paul Maurice is a very intelligent man and he makes decisions based on more information than we have.

Reactions: ERYX

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I am not blaming Chairot for all things and he is what he is which is a decent #8 in a pinch but I would have liked to see Poolman get some time with one of Enstrom or Kuli. Our team success will not live and die by this roster move but I thought handedness was kind of a thing with PMo?

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Yea I am very concerned about Lowry, he is an important piece on our team now. If it is a shoulder that is nagging I call bullshit on the second Engelland collision not being a factor.

SoCalJetsFan

Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
Temecula, CA
Great GDT, glad you added in MAAATTTT DAAAAMON. It’s the little details that make these GDT’s so entertaining.

Sucks that Lowry is out, really concerned as he is a huge piece to the success of this team. Happy that Chef is getting close. They always seem to struggle with the AV’s but feel a beat down coming.
Go! :jetsGo!

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
What is Byfugliens over under for lazy/ bad decisions? It never ceases to amaze me how we can lambaste a 6/7 guy for not being flawless but let our highest paid player loaf around the ice and do stupid things that compromise games.

ANYWAYS,

Fun fact: The Avalanche is only 2 games below us in terms of real .500. I always think of them as an 'easy win' but they never are

In fairness Dusty gets crucified on here pretty regularly. It seems like he has allot more detractors than fans on our board lately. On many nights I find I argue with myself about him.

On your second point Colorado has given us problems for a few seasons now......seems like they are not an easy match up for us.

Reactions: Jets 31

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
It never ceases to amaze me how we can lambaste a 6/7 guy for not being flawless but let our highest paid player loaf around the ice and do stupid things that compromise games

It was hardly lambasting. It was having fun.

C'mon lighten up

Reactions: Kgame and Jet

broinwhyteridge

Jun 27, 2011
Fire Maurice
I like that members of the organization are getting pissed off with getting the short end of the stick; none of this "just happy to have a team again" garbage.

Looks good to have Maurice, Kulikov, Hellebucyk and Wheeler comment on the absurdity of calls that go against the club (unless of course the Blind Mice do the passive aggressive retaliation like a few years ago).

Come out and play with some piss and vinegar in the game. Jets 5-2.

Maxfli

Nov 20, 2016
Winnipeg
I'd be willing to bet there is some information we don't know in this specific instance - nagging injury, matchup info, something like that.

I hope people are starting to understand that Paul Maurice is a very intelligent man and he makes decisions based on more information than we have.
I agree Maurice is a smart man, but I have to question playing Buff for 27 min. and most of the 3 on 3 in the loss to Vegas,

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I agree Maurice is a smart man, but I have to question playing Buff for 27 min. and most of the 3 on 3 in the loss to Vegas,
I wonder if he's trying to get him going again. He hasn't been the same since his hissy fit at the end of the Sabres game

Maxfli

Nov 20, 2016
Winnipeg
Another great GDT. Zhamov.. Unfortuately I am too old to appreciate or get the humour, but I applaud the effort again.
jOPRiNs.jpg

giphy.gif

68pH8C6.jpg

ern4ylO.jpg

ft2VgV8.jpg

L3Dn3MX.jpg

R8UsMqz.jpg

FlotjtA.jpg

I8ylcFq.jpg

GyPPzzs.jpg

F6V7nmH.jpg

v2QiwvG.jpg

McpAlPq.jpg

t0hcfD8.jpg

KhAmNWA.jpg

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
154650-004-FAF479A2.jpg

When forty winters shall besiege Laine’s brow,
And Jets fans have thrice dug Stanley’s flask for Chevy to wield,
The Av’s team's proud win-streak so gazed on now,
Will be a totter'd weed of small worth held:

Then being asked, where all Colorado’s beauty lies,
Where all the treasure of their forward lines’ days;
To say, within MacKinnon’s own deep sunken eyes,
Reduced power and nil presence – it’s just baseless praise.

How much force shall Buff use to drive Nail’s caboose?
JoMo’ll thwart Landeskog’s weak efforts to bend twine
The Av’s grinders and bums will lay on the old excuse,
As Ehlers speeds by, bending laws of space and time.

The Jets were made to wreak havoc on the hopes of Central foes,
And by their actions strike fear – the Av’s blood will run cold.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Coach Maurice pre-game scrum topics: Update on Scheifele. On how he would use Scheifele when he comes back to the lineup. Update on Adam Lowry. On the move of Kulikov to the right side. Possibility for Kulikov to play with different guys. Has he seen a shift in the way OT is played this season? How does the absence of Nathan MacKinnon change them and change the way the Jets play the Avs? Big picture evaluation of Nikolaj Ehlers. Did he anticipate the success they would have had (9-2-3) without Mark Scheifele? Hellebuyck starts?

Funny line by the coach as Scott was asking him a question about the Jets success without Scheifele. You hear him say "trade him" after Scott says they are 9-2-3 without 55.

To listen click here.

itchyscratchy

Jan 10, 2011
Can anyone tell me what station this is on in Wpg? Shaw Gateway guide shows TORvBOS on CBC, SNW & City. City website says same. Wpg sun says it is on city. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad