GDT: Jets vs Avs (Feb-16th, 7pm) - "Stranger Things"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Player pre-game audio: Wheeler, Perreault & Copp.

Coach Maurice pre-game scrum: Coach Maurice: Biggest differences he is noticing in the Avalanche. Does he have to guard against a letdown after an emotional win like Tuesday night? On the upcoming trade deadline. On Perreault's versatility. On the things that the young players can learn from Perreault. Does he feel there is enough experience in the room to handle the stretch drive? What is he hoping to see from Ehlers/Laine with Copp? On overall Jets defensive game. What is key for Copp?

To listen click here.

Reactions: tacogeoff

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Those lines though...

Ehlers and Laine on the 3rd line, with Copp?

Seems like an odd choice for a centre for those two. I would have liked to have seen Petan with those two if Mo's in an experimenting mood.

Didn't you watch last game?

Mo also said yesterday he might play Petan between them at some point

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
I've just come back from my future self, where I have been/will be reading the post game thread. The Jets lose badly. Copp is widely blamed for the loss, which also results in the closing of the new Laine thread. Avs fans pop by to offer their condolences in a very cordial manner. I will be quite drunk, and will post incoherent observations. Somewhere, a dog will bark. :nod:

Jimby

Reformed Optimist
Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
You have all the makings of a fine novel!

I've just come back from my future self, where I have been/will be reading the post game thread. The Jets lose badly. Copp is widely blamed for the loss, which also results in the closing of the new Laine thread. Avs fans pop by to offer their condolences in a very cordial manner. I will be quite drunk, and will post incoherent observations. Somewhere, a dog will bark. :nod:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I saw a UFO once. I was up near Lee River - not far from Lac Du Bonnet. There was a group of us hanging out by the lake and we all spotted what looked like a point of light moving erratically in the sky. It was almost directly overhead (never saw it near the horizon). It looked about like a faint star but it wasn't a satellite or a plane or anything. It would sit nearly motionless then move across the sky, sometimes quite quickly, other times slowly. I thought it was maybe a lightning bug - but it didn't move like one at all, didn't get brighter or dimmer like one does. Maybe some kind of reflection? But the sky was clear. I'm not saying it was aliens. Just couldn't identify it. That was on April 19, 1998... (okay, maybe that part is made up ;) ).

It was an Object (presumably), it was Flying (at least it was in the air) and it was Unidentified (at least to you). Doesn't mean alien. :laugh:

While on the subject of UFO's and aliens ..... ever wonder why so many craft from this massively advanced technology manage to crash on Earth? :laugh:

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
It was an Object (presumably), it was Flying (at least it was in the air) and it was Unidentified (at least to you). Doesn't mean alien. :laugh:

While on the subject of UFO's and aliens ..... ever wonder why so many craft from this massively advanced technology manage to crash on Earth? :laugh:
I imagine some good Alien liquor is involved.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

I've had the experience of spotting strange things. Then about 10 hours later, I come to, with no recollection of what happened during those 10 hours. :laugh: cue eerie music. There may be empty beverage containers about. I have no recollection of them being there before. I think my alien abductors are drunks - and messy. :laugh:

Reactions: Kgame

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg

Perhaps the spacefaring civilizations that have their act together don't interfere with backwards primitives like us. It's the dregs who come by here trying to make a quick buck by mutilating a few cows or probe-jobs (maybe it's just for lulz)...hopped up on space-booze, driving the intersteller version of a 79 Chevette.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

IMG_6033.jpg

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Soooooo much gold in this one Zham! Stonehenge, Hendricks, Coppcircles. Mother Tuckers used to be our go-to restaurant for years. I think they used to comp your meal if it was your birthday. Best salad bar I've ever seen too.

Boys should win this one easily but "stranger things" have happened.

Better than Bonanza?!!

Unpossible!!

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Perhaps the spacefaring civilizations that have their act together don't interfere with backwards primitives like us. It's the dregs who come by here trying to make a quick buck by mutilating a few cows or probe-jobs (maybe it's just for lulz)...hopped up on space-booze, driving the intersteller version of a 79 Chevette.
Sorta like this?

starman-spacex-tesla-roadster-final-photo.jpg

Reactions: Gm0ney

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
We needed a hero last game and got one.

I think we need another hero and I'm gonna go with Copper. Make that line work and score yourself a multi-point night. You're due for one.

That, and of course a multi-goal game from Pate.

Reactions: Zhamnov5GoalGame
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad