• Giovanni Vallati

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Or those that panned the pick immediately are holding to their guns, despite how the kid has been developing. Probably a bit of both IMO. I only went to one Moose game last year and he was their best defenseman that game and got leaned on heavily in all situations. His coach on the Moose sure seems to be a big fan.

If he had been taken in the 3rd round I would be getting excited for his progress. That would be because of reports like yours. Others here have said the same, some with a lot more games viewing.

But even if I accept all those reports at face value, I don't see how he could be ahead of Berdin at this point.

I don't see the love for Gustafsson either. If Berdin won this round - as I think he easily should, I would be choosing between Stanley and Kovacevic next round. Might very well vote for Stanley at that point myself.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
If he had been taken in the 3rd round I would be getting excited for his progress. That would be because of reports like yours. Others here have said the same, some with a lot more games viewing.

But even if I accept all those reports at face value, I don't see how he could be ahead of Berdin at this point.

I don't see the love for Gustafsson either. If Berdin won this round - as I think he easily should, I would be choosing between Stanley and Kovacevic next round. Might very well vote for Stanley at that point myself.
Berdin is next up for me and we all know Stanley would never have made it to the 3rd round so it is what it is for where he ranks now. Going into D+4 draft position doesn't really mean much. Even though I was in the kid's corner from day 1 due to the avalanche of s*** thrown his way I wouldn't have voted for him if I didn't think he fits here.

Reactions: snowkiddin

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Or those that panned the pick immediately are holding to their guns, despite how the kid has been developing. Probably a bit of both IMO. I only went to one Moose game last year and he was their best defenseman that game and got leaned on heavily in all situations. His coach on the Moose sure seems to be a big fan.

I went to 3 or 4 Moose games, and I found the exact same thing. He was their best D, and was leaned on in all situations, and came through pretty good. Of course, that’s a very small sample size.

Reactions: KingBogo

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I think a lot of people didn’t see Berdin play for the Moose last season. He’s going to be NHL goalie, with potential to be a starter
I said last summer he should have been with Moose all year playing more games than Comrie. He was ready and didn’t need the ECHL, but I guess they wanted to give Comrie his last year of big minutes. I like him a lot and will vote for him after Gus. But starter? I’m hoping solid backup in the show for now when he makes it in two years.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I went to 3 or 4 Moose games, and I found the exact same thing. He was their best D, and was leaned on in all situations, and came through pretty good. Of course, that’s a very small sample size.

I went to 11 Moose games.

He was relied on. He was not their best D in many of them, but he looked good for where I expected him to be, and he turned it on a bit more in the second half which gives me hope.

Berdin showed so much more though, was literally the sole reason for a lot of wins down the stretch, is ridiculously athletic, and one of the best stick handling goalies period. If he can learn to utilize his athleticism properly he has absolute NHL starter ability.

Reactions: ps241

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I said last summer he should have been with Moose all year playing more games than Comrie. He was ready and didn’t need the ECHL, but I guess they wanted to give Comrie his last year of big minutes. I like him a lot and will vote for him after Gus. But starter? I’m hoping solid backup in the show for now when he makes it in two years.
I think it is the year the Moose need to give the reins to Berdin as the starter and see how far up he can push.

Reactions: snowkiddin

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I went to 11 Moose games.

He was relied on. He was not their best D in many of them, but he looked good for where I expected him to be, and he turned it on a bit more in the second half which gives me hope.

Berdin showed so much more though, was literally the sole reason for a lot of wins down the stretch, is ridiculously athletic, and one of the best stick handling goalies period. If he can learn to utilize his athleticism properly he has absolute NHL starter ability.

For me this is definitely between Stanley and Berdin. I have them as 6-7, with Gustafson at 8. Probably Kovacevic at 9. Then #10 is probably down to the current options. I really like Chisholm though.

Vallatti, Gawanke, McKenzie, Nikkanen, Blaisdell, and Spacek would also make my Top 20. Will be interesting to see how everything shapes up.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
No doubt. He's ready. Time to let Comrie go elsewhere. He will try another team or end up in KHL very soon.

Comrie probably sticks with us this year, and plays for another team’s AHL affiliate next year. I can see him ending up in Europe as well.

Just a quick question for folks more knowledgeable than I: Why were Berdin’s numbers lower in the inferior ECHL than in the AHL?

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I'd say Green, but doesn't matter much as you can add the other the next poll. BTW thanks for doing this Puck it is a nice little diversion during the summer.
No problem. I won't be able to do this next week so if anyone wants to take this over next weekend for the final 5 that would be great!
And not many people saying who to add, been Suess, McKenzie, Green and others, but you just broke the tie for this thread so Green it will be.

Reactions: KingBogo

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
No problem. I won't be able to do this next week so if anyone wants to take this over next weekend for the final 5 that would be great!
And not many people saying who to add, been Suess, McKenzie, Green and others, but you just broke the tie for this thread so Green it will be.

I say McKenzie! ;)

But we can wait on him, I’m not voting for him for a while.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Berdin is next up for me and we all know Stanley would never have made it to the 3rd round so it is what it is for where he ranks now. Going into D+4 draft position doesn't really mean much. Even though I was in the kid's corner from day 1 due to the avalanche of s*** thrown his way I wouldn't have voted for him if I didn't think he fits here.

Fair enough.

Roughneck1

Aug 9, 2014
I watched 6 or 7 games at the end of the ahl year and he was the the best d man on the moose on all games I saw except one maybe. He was making smart pinches and even took a a few plays up the ice himself. His offence of game is pretty decent it’s his d that suffers a bit and that’s only from fast forwards of the rush. Where half our jets d struggled last year. That’s why I voted for him. Don’t care if you guys think he should have been picked in the 4th.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I watched 6 or 7 games at the end of the ahl year and he was the the best d man on the moose on all games I saw except one maybe. He was making smart pinches and even took a a few plays up the ice himself. His offence of game is pretty decent it’s his d that suffers a bit and that’s only from fast forwards of the rush. Where half our jets d struggled last year. That’s why I voted for him. Don’t care if you guys think he should have been picked in the 4th.

Where he was drafted should have no bearing on his rating here. Completely irrelevant.

I really don't care about his offense at this point. I don't expect much offense from him in the NHL. Any scoring we get will be a bonus. I care about his defensive play and that includes successful D zone exits, whether by skating or passing.

"it’s his d that suffers a bit and that’s only from fast forwards of the rush", in the NHL, all of the forwards will be fast, relative to the AHL and to him. He needs to stay at home and play solid D, IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad