Pre-Game Talk: Jets @ San Jose - Fri Nov 1/19 - 930 pm - TSN3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
The price was a steal for sure, you won't see anyone buying a team for $170 million again
The team was actually only $110M. There was an additional $60M "relocation fee". Plus the Canadian Dollar was a little over par with the USD at the time. $170M USD today would be about $225M CAD. It was quite a fortuitous series of events (for Winnipeg) that led to the team moving here.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
It is treatable, but it can definitely destroy or reduce your heart's capacity to work later on in life. But if it was caught early enough, he should be OK. But you are right, probably career ending.

Just going by my own experience, they think my Dad had a undiagnosed heart virus when he was younger and it contributed to his eventual demise. I am not a cardiologist, though lol

This would be crazy just for a whole season but to all happen in the first month? :help:

It's mind-boggling.

At this point, I'm just hoping they can field a team that's able to finish the games in San Jose and Vegas without forfeit. Anything beyond that is gravy, IMO.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
The team was actually only $110M. There was an additional $60M "relocation fee". Plus the Canadian Dollar was a little over par with the USD at the time. $170M USD today would be about $225M CAD. It was quite a fortuitous series of events (for Winnipeg) that led to the team moving here.
And thank goodness it all worked out!

Sorry Duke......

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
I starting to wonder if they are planning on tanking ... **** hits the fan.

I think they are. They wouldn’t hold Laine off for two games if they weren’t. Don’t think he’s that injured? I think that’s season then.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I think they are. They wouldn’t hold Laine off for two games if they weren’t. Don’t think he’s that injured? I think that’s season then.

That injured? If one of your top players is even a bit injured, why would you take the chance of worsening it by playing him before he's fully recovered? Maurice does many things to promote the tank. Sitting out Laine at this time is not one of them.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
We have no idea how injured he is or what the risk is of further injury. There is not a chance in the world he is held out as part of a so called tank. Especially 1 month into a season where several other teams in the conference are also struggling to find a consistent game.

Reactions: Ducky10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad