Recalled/Assigned: Jets recall O'Dell

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
If he plays really well, would he stay here? Or would it hurt the ice caps to much

I don't buy the idea the TNSE is as concerned with the Ice Caps as people make it seem. In fact I think its flat out wrong.

I think the logic behind taking time to call up O'Dell and potentially sending him back down has to do with whats best for his development.

If he stays up, as we become more healthy, he's likely relegated to being a fringe player who doesn't get prime opportunities.
Look at all the fear that he won't be put in a position to succeed. Perhaps thats why Albert was called up, let O'Dell develop as a skill player rather than put him on a fourth line.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
on a side note, did anyone notice during the Kane interview yesterday his reaction to the "you have good chemistry with your linemates" comment? He doesn't seem to believe in chemistry - sounds like he thinks it's a made-up media concept.

I know its OT, but I noticed Kane did not show much emotion after the goals he was on for and his post game interview was the same. He looks pissed, which could be good for the Jets as he may be on a mission. Not sure if Im reading too much into it but he looks mad.

jetkarma*

The question was asked before and in this thread again , but has O'Dell ever played real minutes on the wing?

Hard to envision him getting minutes at C as a 3 C and as stated no real reason to use him as a 4C unless it was due to several injuries. Anyone familiar with Brandon Pirri's game? kind of see similarities in their games. That would not be a bad thing imo .

1290 just said Wright is a no go for tonight due to the flu , so O'Dell will slot in but hopefully they adjust the lines.

Zinger was on the radio a few weeks ago and was pretty positive about O'Dell and said he deserves and needs to get an opportunity and not as the 4C.

If he can play wing , and maybe that is better with his foot speed , we have an opening on the third line for someone that can add some production.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
1290 just said Wright is a no go for tonight due to the flu , so O'Dell will slot in but hopefully they adjust the lines.

O'Dell will presumably be a much better choice than Wright and can hopefully stay with the team in the NHL.

jetkarma*

O'Dell will presumably be a much better choice than Wright and can hopefully stay with the team in the NHL.

Different players , different roles. One has little to do with the other , O'Dell is not going to be a positive 4th line player/C and Wright isn't going to be a positive middle 6 player either.

Like I said I see a fair bit of Brandon Pirri's game with O'Dell and that would be a positive imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad