Recalled/Assigned: Jets recall O'Dell

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
About ****ing time. Odds Noel actually dresses him? I'm saying 100 to 1. We have superstars like John Albert and Chris Thorburn that cannot be denied.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Who is he replacing? Did someone get injured last night?

I nearly broke my neck trying to look away from the train wreck that is our fourth line.

Hopefully he takes Thorburn's spot. Don't see the point of having an offensive player called up if we're not gonna play him in an offensive role.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
About ****ing time. Odds Noel actually dresses him? I'm saying 100 to 1. We have superstars like John Albert and Chris Thorburn that cannot be denied.

You just know it's going to end up like this...

O'Dell, 3:47 TOI.

Thorburn, 16:54 TOI.
Albert, 12:55 TOI.
Tangradi, 14:47 TOI.
Wright, 24:18 TOI.

claude-noel.jpg

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

Halischuk went on IR. Chevy is probably counting and conserving cap dollars so waited 1 day extra. Would love to see him with 12 & 40 and move 22 back to the 4th line.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Halischuk went on IR. Chevy is probably counting and conserving cap dollars so waited 1 day extra. Would love to see him with 12 & 40 and move 22 back to the 4th line.

This. Also, shift Wright back to centre where he was playing pretty OK, and shift Albert out of the lineup. Tangradi - Wright - Thorburn

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

claude-noel.jpg

Oh guaran-****ing-teed. Now if they had recalled a quality minor leaguer like Gordon or Samson, that would have been worthy of 15 minutes of playing time. Promising prospect? **** that you score with Thorbs+Albert on 4th line in 5 minutes or your benched forever.

With the Ice Caps on break this makes perfect sense.

Yup. Even IF O'Dell scores and does well on his recall as soon as the IceCaps need him back he heads back. That would hurt IceCaps chances to unacceptable level.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Oh guaran-****ing-teed. Now if they had recalled a quality minor leaguer like Gordon or Samson, that would have been worthy of 15 minutes of playing time. Promising prospect? **** that you score with Thorbs+Albert on 4th line in 5 minutes or your benched forever.

But those guys are warriors, veterans of the AHL, and most of all, they bring trust and defence to the game!!!

Seriously, I'd just love to see O'Dell get some good quality minutes with some quality linemates. :nod:

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg

Replacing Halishuck. We only had 22 players on the active roster after Matt went on the IR. Jets now have 14 forwards (counting suspended Peluso), 7 defencemen & 2 goaltenders. 4 players remain on the IR.

Merry Xmas Eric & welcome to the NHL & some extra holiday spending money. He'll likely be up for the next 4 games & will make $32,000, nearly 1/2 of his total years AHL salary ($65,000) in that time.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com

Yup. Even IF O'Dell scores and does well on his recall as soon as the IceCaps need him back he heads back. That would hurt IceCaps chances to unacceptable level.

Thor just needs a fire lit underneath his feet, he doesn't need to be replaced.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg

claude-noel.jpg

Let's not exaggerate too much! Despite all the controversy of the ice time Wright gets from Noel, he rarely plays more than 10 minutes a game. Season high was against Dallas 2 games ago while Kane was still injured. Played 15:17. Last game against Columbus he played his least. 6:26.

John Albert generally plays less than 5 minutes a game. Tamgradi rarely over 10 & until getting 2nd line action when Kane when down, Thor gets 7 minutes or less.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
He'll probably only be up for the Buffalo game. They want to bank as much cap space as possible.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Let's not exaggerate too much! Despite all the controversy of the ice time Wright gets from Noel, he rarely plays more than 10 minutes a game. Season high was against Dallas 2 games ago while Kane was still injured. Played 15:17. Last game against Columbus he played his least. 6:26.

John Albert generally plays less than 5 minutes a game. Tamgradi rarely over 10 & until getting 2nd line action when Kane when down, Thor gets 7 minutes or less.

I know, I know... :laugh: was just having some fun.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad