Recalled/Assigned: Jets recall John Albert

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Apparently, an emergency recall: I assume this means this doesn't count towards the 4 recalls allowed after the deadline?

Well I just learned something new. Really? Recalls are limited after the deadline? Is this info listed somewhere?

Forgive me, I've only been back on board the NHL bandwagon since the Jets returned. I spent the last 15 years boycotting the NHL.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Well I just learned something new. Really? Recalls are limited after the deadline?

Every now and again this will happen to someone who spend 15 years boycotting the NHL.

:laugh::laugh:

Yea I spent some time on the blockade as well.

veganhunter

Mexico City Coyotes!
Feb 15, 2010
Calgary
Like I mentioned above, Albert has been our best player lately.It's worth a look and he's far from a grinder now.Not into bringing up a player based on draft or prospect status.Albert has earned this.

I get he is playing well but what is more likely, Albert is having a hot streak? Albert at 25 has suddenly turned himself into a scorer? Albert was bad during his NHL call up and doesn't really fit a need. O'Dell was playing pretty decent during his NHL call up and does fit a need. That's all I care about in the context of the Jets.

Albert has been the Caps best player of late but would it be the same story if O'Dell was playing in the AHL at the time. Why does Albert's AHL production of late trump O'Dell's track record of play in the AHL and his superior play in the NHL?

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
I get he is playing well but what is more likely, Albert is having a hot streak? Albert at 25 has suddenly turned himself into a scorer? Albert was bad during his NHL call up and doesn't really fit a need. O'Dell was playing pretty decent during his NHL call up and does fit a need. That's all I care about in the context of the Jets.

Albert has been the Caps best player of late but would it be the same story if O'Dell was playing in the AHL at the time. Why does Albert's AHL production of late trump O'Dell's track record of play in the AHL and his superior play in the NHL?

They never want to stick a call-up into a prime role, even if it's what he's most suited for. I don't understand it. I never will. Apparently to be a good scorer you need to be a good 4th line player first because purple.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
No one has brought up yet that he just won AHL Player OF The Week.

John Albert was recognized by the AHL for his excellent play over the last seven days earning AHL Player of the Week honours for his output of five goals and one assist during the IceCaps’ current four‐game winning streak. The Ohio native has been piling up goals lately scoring nine over the last eight games, which includes an astonishing five shorthanded goals over that span. Through the month of February, Albert’s shooting percentage sits at 36.0% with nine goals scored on 25 shots.

http://jets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=706609

2 shorthanded goals tonight or he's back to St. John's. :sarcasm:

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
From what I've read on the Ice Caps thread, Albert has been playing really well and has earned this call up.

veganhunter

Mexico City Coyotes!
Feb 15, 2010
Calgary
They never want to stick a call-up into a prime role, even if it's what he's most suited for. I don't understand it. I never will. Apparently to be a good scorer you need to be a good 4th line player first because purple.

I don't even consider the 3rd line a prime role, they can be sheltered and the upside of Seto/Kane O'Dell Buff offensively is much greater to me than Seto/Kane Slater Buff. It makes no sense to me either.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Like I mentioned above, Albert has been our best player lately.It's worth a look and he's far from a grinder now.Not into bringing up a player based on draft or prospect status.Albert has earned this.

I'm happy to have posters like you to let us know what is actually happening with the Ice Caps. Thanks for keeping us updated! :handclap:

veganhunter

Mexico City Coyotes!
Feb 15, 2010
Calgary
Sure, I can believe that. That's why I'll take the observations of the Ice Caps fans closer to heart than the expert scouting of say...Sipowicz. :) Just admit it dude, you've never even watched a game...

We can judge them on the respective play during their previous NHL call ups...

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Albert was the one I guessed (even argued against some of WPG MSM that it was likely going to be him) because he's potted a lot of goals lately.

He is not just an AHL grinder that he was when we first called him up, he has been playing a top9 role centring Jaffray and Gordon. And with the added minutes have come added production.

Jets are rewarding that production, even if it was an unsustainable pace given Albert's shot production.

Unfortunately O`Dell would have been choosing the best player but I can understand why they didn't.

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Originally Posted by James Falk View Post
Well I just learned something new. Really? Recalls are limited after the deadline?

Every now and again this will happen to someone who spend 15 years boycotting the NHL.

:laugh::laugh:

Yea I spent some time on the blockade as well.

I did not know about the 4 call ups after the deadline either, interesting. What are the conditions are required for emergency call up, just injury or long term injury?

I think there are a few of us around these boards that stopped watching NHL hockey and spit after any mention of the name Barry Shenkarow. :eviltongu

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I did not know about the 4 call ups after the deadline either, interesting. What are the conditions are required for emergency call up, just injury or long term injury?

I think there are a few of us around these boards that stopped watching NHL hockey and spit after any mention of the name Barry Shenkarow. :eviltongu

Count me in *spits*

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Pretty sure emergency callups are only when you don't have 20 roster players.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
Albert was the one I guessed (even argued against some of WPG MSM that it was likely going to be him) because he's potted a lot of goals lately.

He is not just an AHL grinder that he was when we first called him up, he has been playing a top9 role centring Jaffray and Gordon. And with the added minutes have come added production.

Jets are rewarding that production, even if it was an unsustainable pace given Albert's shot production.

Unfortunately O`Dell would have been choosing the best player but I can understand why they didn't.

It's still bizarre reasoning from a hockey perspective. From an HR/people perspective it makes a little more sense.

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
When will Chevy learn? He should always come on HF Boards and post a poll before deciding who to recall.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
When will Chevy learn? He should always come on HF Boards and post a poll before deciding who to recall.

Are you saying it is impossible for the Chevy to make a mistake and in that same moment for some here to be right on the situation?

Or better yet for this case, that sometimes both can be right, it is just a mater of preference. In here some may value "best player" more than "the hot player"?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad