Recalled/Assigned: Jets recall John Albert

Majikme

Apr 20, 2013
Man. Was really hoping to see some young talent from the rock. Lowry especially. Oh well, could be worse.

veganhunter

Mexico City Coyotes!
Feb 15, 2010
Calgary
:rant: I knew it, I knew it, I knew it. Your 2nd line centre goes down what do you do? Move Olli up because he has no chemistry with anybody (didn't have a choice), move Slater into a 3rd line role :laugh:, and call up an AHL grinder :laugh:.

Don't call up the guy who actually has a similar skill set to the one you just lost.

Canadienjet

Dec 7, 2006
:rant: I knew it, I knew it, I knew it. Your 2nd line centre goes down what do you do? Move Olli up because he has no chemistry with anybody (didn't have a choice), move Slater into a 3rd line role :laugh:, and call up an AHL grinder :laugh:.

Don't call up the guy who actually has a similar skill set to the one you just lost.

If you watch the IceCaps(I assume you don't) Albert has been our best player the past few weeks.I assume you call up those who play well..

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013

He's a point per game in 2014 and far and away the hottest Ice Cap right now. He's not in the same "AHL grinder" role that he was when we first called him up. He's leaned on pretty heavily to put up points and has a lot to do with the streak that the Ice Caps have been on lately.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
John-Albert-300x200.jpg

Welcome back PureNRG. Release from the Jets.

To read click here.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Apparently, an emergency recall: I assume this means this doesn't count towards the 4 recalls allowed after the deadline?

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Albert's been tearing it up and works like his life depends on it. No problem with him getting the call.

Canadienjet

Dec 7, 2006
He's a point per game in 2014 and far and away the hottest Ice Cap right now. He's not in the same "AHL grinder" role that he was when we first called him up. He's leaned on pretty heavily to put up points and has a lot to do with the streak that the Ice Caps have been on lately.

Exactly.Guy has been on a roll lately.Better then O'Dell, Lowry and others.

veganhunter

Mexico City Coyotes!
Feb 15, 2010
Calgary
If you watch the IceCaps(I assume you don't) Albert has been our best player the past few weeks.I assume you call up those who play well..

I knew he had been playing well, which is why I figured it would be him. I think you should call up the player that actually fits your needs and it's not like O'Dell has been playing bad lately.

Now we have 2 centre who bring nothing offensively at the NHL level and one who is struggling offensively.

Also I realize it is a tiny sample size but O'Dell's underlying number were very good and John Alberts were the worst on the team during their respective call ups.

Canadienjet

Dec 7, 2006
I knew he had been playing well, which is why I figured it would be him. I think you should call up the player that actually fits your needs and it's not like O'Dell has been playing bad lately.

Now we have 2 centre who bring nothing offensively at the NHL level and one who is struggling offensively.

Like I mentioned above, Albert has been our best player lately.It's worth a look and he's far from a grinder now.Not into bringing up a player based on draft or prospect status.Albert has earned this.

koth

Feb 5, 2013
Winnipeg

Okay, I feel better now. I wish I could watch the Ice Caps games.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
He's been on fire lately. Not that surprised with this recall. I would have rather seen O'Dell though.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
No one has brought up yet that he just won AHL Player OF The Week.

John Albert was recognized by the AHL for his excellent play over the last seven days earning AHL Player of the Week honours for his output of five goals and one assist during the IceCaps’ current four‐game winning streak. The Ohio native has been piling up goals lately scoring nine over the last eight games, which includes an astonishing five shorthanded goals over that span. Through the month of February, Albert’s shooting percentage sits at 36.0% with nine goals scored on 25 shots.

http://jets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=706609

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011

Guess O'Dell is left shaking his head!:shakehead Albert has played hard and has had some success in the AHL this season but watching the skill set and talent difference between him an O'Dell and clearly O'Dell comes out way ahead.

The call ups from St. Johns since year one of Jets 2.0 have been strange to say the least.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
No one has brought up yet that he just won AHL Player OF The Week.

John Albert was recognized by the AHL for his excellent play over the last seven days earning AHL Player of the Week honours for his output of five goals and one assist during the IceCaps’ current four‐game winning streak. The Ohio native has been piling up goals lately scoring nine over the last eight games, which includes an astonishing five shorthanded goals over that span. Through the month of February, Albert’s shooting percentage sits at 36.0% with nine goals scored on 25 shots.

http://jets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=706609

I'd heard about that as well, he had a superb week.

I confess to thinking it would be O'Dell and that was my preference, but let's see what Albert can do with the opportunity. Best of luck to him tonight.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
Like I mentioned above, Albert has been our best player lately.It's worth a look and he's far from a grinder now.Not into bringing up a player based on draft or prospect status.Albert has earned this.

I'll take your word for it. I don't believe half the people here claiming to know 'skillsets' actually watch the IceCaps, ever.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

I guess they just don't have faith in O'Dell in a scoring roll for them, not sure why?

Albert has been playing well but it sounds like they are following the script you laid out.....Albert as the 4th line centre.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad