Recalled/Assigned: Jets recall John Albert

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Pretty clear Jets have zero faith in O'Dell. Hopefully he can move on from the Jets after this season to find a real chance to play meaningful minutes. Sigh. Guess rewarding career minor leaguer Albert is more important than giving a real prospect in O'Dell a chance.

I don't get why career minor leaguer is only attached to Albert in this comparison.

I love O'Dell when he has the puck on his stick within 20 feet of the goal, which rarely happens, but otherwise he looks to be as much of a career minor leaguer as anyone to this point. I don't think you can blame lack of opportunity, O'Dell didn't really take the opportunity he had to give the Jets a tough decision to make. If he did, would Setoguchi still be here?

But really, the reward here is a NHL paystub and a seat in the press box. If there are more injuries and someone is needed to actually play, then we'll see where the faith lies.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I don't get why career minor leaguer is only attached to Albert in this comparison.

I love O'Dell when he has the puck on his stick within 20 feet of the goal, which rarely happens, but otherwise he looks to be as much of a career minor leaguer as anyone to this point. I don't think you can blame lack of opportunity, O'Dell didn't really take the opportunity he had to give the Jets a tough decision to make. If he did, would Setoguchi still be here?

But really, the reward here is a NHL paystub and a seat in the press box. If there are more injuries and someone is needed to actually play, then we'll see where the faith lies.

Not sure O'Dell was really given a fair shake to unseat anyone. He was getting very few minutes and not many of those few minutes with a scoring line.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Not sure O'Dell was really given a fair shake to unseat anyone. He was getting very few minutes and not many of those few minutes with a scoring line.

Fair enough. I think if we take another hit to the top 9 he'll be called up posthaste.

fergiesbeak

Aug 26, 2008
The Peg
I think Albert is the right call up. Plays both ends of the rink.Very good skater and all around type player.Lots of hustle to his game. Was kinda hoping we'd call up lipon as well.That kid looks like quite the sparkplug and could be handy to have around.Oh well more likely next year for him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad