Recalled/Assigned: Jets recall Hutchinson, Chiarot, and Redmond

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Oh please, for all that is holy in this world, let Pavelec not end the season in the injury list. He's not eligible for compliance buyout if he's injured.

This is threatening to become Chicago Cubs level bad luck.

Is it too harsh to say I wouldn't put it past him and his agent to milk the injury for all it's worth?

He already milked the TNSE teat once for what he could get with that DUI business.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Is it too harsh to say I wouldn't put it past him and his agent to milk the injury for all it's worth?

He already milked the TNSE teat once for what he could get with that DUI business.

kind of inappropriate, no?

anyways, if you took a second to think, you'd realize that Pavs would make more money with a buyout. he gets his current contract and can then re-sign as a FA.
that means that he has the chance to double dip. even a 2 year contract at $1 mil/year earns him more than he would have with the Jets

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
kind of inappropriate, no?

anyways, if you took a second to think, you'd realize that Pavs would make more money with a buyout. he gets his current contract and can then re-sign as a FA.
that means that he has the chance to double dip. even a 2 year contract at $1 mil/year earns him more than he would have with the Jets

i'm not sure if this is right. The CBO allows the jets to buy him out for 2/3's of his contract. I don't know if he gets the remainder paid out from something else, but if not (which was my assumption) he would need a contract of around 1.4 and he certainly doesn't deserve that here (though i could see him getting it back in the K)

StaticPrevails

Oct 6, 2011
Edmonton

I can just see him pull a Peter Griffin near the end of the season.

giphy.gif

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg

Hey now its not that hard to put anything past Pavelec...

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Can anyone clarify the buy out rule. What constitutes a season-ending injury and will that necessarily prevent a buy out from being an option?? If P-mask is good enough to be a back-up at the end of the season, can we buy him out.

This injury concern is an irrational fear. Pavelec would have to be injured in mid-June in order to be ineligible for a buyout (ie fail a physical). It does not matter in slightest if Pavelec is on IR to end the year.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia

I think it's silly to try and start hearsay with absolutely nothing to go off of except one's negative opinion of someone. Especially when they will show clear bias towards it.

And yes, this is inappropriate. :shakehead

knorthern knight

Mar 18, 2011
GTA
This injury concern is an irrational fear. Pavelec would have to be injured in mid-June in order to be ineligible for a buyout (ie fail a physical). It does not matter in slightest if Pavelec is on IR to end the year.
If the Jets are smart, they'll send him home now. Maybe even send a note to the NHL and NHLPA asking for permission to do a Gomez/Redden type quickie buyout. Remember last season when Jokinen got injured late in the season, and still hadn't recovered before the end of the buy-out window?

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
If the Jets are smart, they'll send him home now. Maybe even send a note to the NHL and NHLPA asking for permission to do a Gomez/Redden type quickie buyout. Remember last season when Jokinen got injured late in the season, and still hadn't recovered before the end of the buy-out window?

Yeah I never heard this nor do I think for one second the Jets were going to buy him out. So I don't buy that. Kings bought out Dan Cloutier after he spent the whole year on LTIR. Cloutier tried to challenge it via NHLPA and lost. So I think that Jokinen stuff was complete BS.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg

If it turns out he needs surgery, then that would probably prevent a buyout this summer.

If he says he's still injured or requires surgery leading up to the buyout window there'd be a bunch of medical reviews and tests to determine if he's cleared to play (team doctor, a doctor chosen by Pavelec - and if those two can't agree, a 3rd independent doctor who'd make the final and binding determination).

The legal text is part of the SPC that starts on page 310 of the new CBA: http://cdn.agilitycms.com/nhlpacom/PDF/NHL_NHLPA_2013_CBA.pdf

...if anyone's having trouble sleeping. :)

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Funny how some people actually suggested that last night but were completely and ignorantly ignored... :shakehead

Yep, I pretty much dismissed the idea last night. He didn't 'look' injured or appear to suffer an injury or re-injure anything during play. The 3 bad goals against were used to suggest that he might be still be injured because he was "worse than usual" - but really, to me it just looked like Pavs bein' Pavs. Big rebounds, soft goals.

Someone pointed out that the .813 SV% he posted last night was the 2nd highest in his last 4 starts (.750, .939, .750, .813). In fact, it was only his 9th worst SV% of the season.

But I suppose I'm just blinded by my irrational Pavelec hate... :)

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Things change up a bit. I like it. Hopefully Hutch gets one game, Josh will play on the rock and maybe Lipon and Lowry get a game over the last 5 games. On top of that, we'll eventually loose more games and steal the 6th overall pick PLUS it could be a sign that they are done with Pavelec.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad