Prospect Info: Jets prospects at the 2023 World Junior Championship

None

Feb 22, 2012
MmZz0cp.png

Last edited:

None

Feb 22, 2012
I think the safe bet is Lambert because he's likely to play a bigger role if Finland finds success.

Both McGroarty and Lucius are on Team USA's PP units though so if one gets hot they could end up with standout tournaments.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Wow that’s just sad not to see Canadians on that list. I wish all their teams middling success (in other words, I can care less how their teams do as long as Canada crushes them while our prospects get some valuable experience).

I guess Go USA Go......at least until the gold medal game anyway.:naughty:
USA is my “Toronto Maple Leafs” of international sports… I always cheer against them regardless of who they play lol. I hoe they don’t win a game 😊

Aaaah, some viable hockey to watch now. Let's see if we can get through this year without a gang rape.
Oh no you d’nt!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Just settling in to watch some hockey and so far the Finn vs Swiss game 1st period was pretty choppy and sloppy.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Just settling in to watch some hockey and so far the Finn vs Swiss game 1st period was pretty choppy and sloppy.

Yeah, Switzerland is content to just clog the neutral zone and only take what Finland gives and Finland just hasn't been able to generate much.

Reactions: ps241

None

Feb 22, 2012
Finland's PP just forcing shots from the circles looks abysmal.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Color commentator is the only other guy that agrees with me when talking about Lambert he said ”he believes teenageers should go back to junior where they can (hopefully) dominate and learn to score”.

Non dominant 18-19 years old should not be in the AHL.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Color commentator is the only other guy that agrees with me when talking about Lambert he said ”he believes teenageers should go back to junior where they can (hopefully) dominate and learn to score”.

Non dominant 18-19 years old should not be in the AHL.

Only argument I've got is that there's plenty of top players that go from European top leagues putting up 0.3-0.6ppg and have no trouble scoring in the NHL when their body catches up.

The argument I've heard to justify sending him to the WHL that makes the most sense to me is that he's struggled to actually put up points for a few seasons now. But on the other hand there's been tracking that's showed that he probably should have put up points in Liiga with better usage so :dunno:

Edit: Intended on not commenting on it but Beyak kind of suggested that Lambert could go to Seattle after the tournament.

Reactions: ps241

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Only argument I've got is that there's plenty of top players that go from European top leagues putting up 0.3-0.6ppg and have no trouble scoring in the NHL when their body catches up.

The argument I've heard to justify sending him to the WHL that makes the most sense to me is that he's struggled to actually put up points for a few seasons now. But on the other hand there's been tracking that's showed that he probably should have put up points in Liiga with better usage so :dunno:

Edit: Intended on not commenting on it but Beyak kind of suggested that Lambert could go to Seattle after the tournament.

Outliers notwithstanding

My preference is if you are 18-19 stay in europe to develop, if you are in US college stay in college when you are a teen, if you have the option to play in the CHL play at least your D +1 in the CHL. The AHL is not a league for 18 year olds. Now more specifically to Lambert he needs to be in a league that he can get a PPG or greater for a while. He is in no way, shape, or form too good for the CHL like a minority of posters speculate. That notion is laughable.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
just reading some commentary of fin vs swiss

seems like that game against finland was a bit of a coming out party for lian bischel? lots of praise for his game.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Like most people I was always heavily invested in Team Canada at the WJHC.
The one downside of the Jets coming back to Winnipeg/the NHL is that I have significantly lost interest in Team Canada. With the exception of the years where we had Jets on Canada (which isn't that often).
I still want Canada to win but I just don't care as much.
Similar to the abysmal World Cup concept that included Team North America.
With Scheifele, Helle and Trouba on the younger team I found myself cheering for them over Canada.

Go Canada Go (with less enthusiasm)

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
What number is Wagner.

As far as Lambert, he was great at pp zone entries but didn't notice him thatch otherwise. As of right now he needs space to excel. Needs to improve in how he plays in traffic. Also at times it looks like his feet move to quickly for his hands and brain to catch up to.

@None could you edit your op to include what number each of our prospects is?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad