News Article: Jets prospect Ehlers sets new record in Halifax

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
I disagree with the bolded. He was exciting and skilled but far from ready and I don't mean physically. He was doing too many of the wrong things. If he gets it this year his skill might force the issue. If not he will have to go back.

What are all the right things that Peluso, Thorburn, Slater do?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
What are all the right things that Peluso, Thorburn, Slater do?

That is completely irrelevant. It was never a question of should we keep Peluso or should we keep Ehlers. It was only a question of whether Ehlers was ready or not. IMO he clearly was not. I don't think it was even close.

Petan must have been close. Ehlers showed raw talent and lots of it. Very raw.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
That is completely irrelevant. It was never a question of should we keep Peluso or should we keep Ehlers. It was only a question of whether Ehlers was ready or not. IMO he clearly was not. I don't think it was even close.

Petan must have been close. Ehlers showed raw talent and lots of it. Very raw.

I am saying it is relevant. We have 3 worse RW on the roster, Halischuk, Peluso and Ehlers. Ehlers can play both wings. Ehlers playing 5 mins a game is superior to Peluso or Thorburn.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
I just hope he comes into camp rested, Ehlers has played a HELL of a lot of hockey in the past year. Im not sure I'd want to see him in the AHL, it can be a pretty chippy league. Imho I'd like to see him make the jump this coming year but who knows.

Could Denmark please borrow him for the wc in april/may before the whole rest bit?:handclap:

pretty please.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Ehlers will hopefully slot in at 3rd line LW next year. Big hole left there by EK9's departure (which I think is a big part of the Jets recent slide). Rolling with

LLW
PSS
ELF
who cares Thorburn and some other plugs I guess (Armia??)

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
If we only keep one of Stafford and Frolik then Armia has a good opening.

To be honest I think we'll only retain one of those two.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
I am saying it is relevant. We have 3 worse RW on the roster, Halischuk, Peluso and Ehlers. Ehlers can play both wings. Ehlers playing 5 mins a game is superior to Peluso or Thorburn.

That is a good point.

IF Ehlers is better than players who are on the current NHL squad, how can someone not be NHL ready.

If Ehlers is not ready and better than Peluso or Thorburn, then Peluso and Thorburn are not ready either.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
That is a good point.

IF Ehlers is better than players who are on the current NHL squad, how can someone not be NHL ready.

If Ehlers is not ready and better than Peluso or Thorburn, then Peluso and Thorburn are not ready either.

I meant to say Halischuck, Thorburn and Peluso :) but i figure you probably knew that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad