OT: Jets Lounge: "Winnipeg Fire Department Rocks!" - rguy56

Status
Not open for further replies.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
y'know I've seen this about 3 times now this spring/summer. Was out as my son's soccer game a month back and a copter was buzzing the field - like maybe less than a hundred feet up...went back and forth four or five times. No idea what he was doing...

Spraying, they do that in field behind my house

Bartho

Feb 26, 2013
Wpg
I think I was 15 when I saw the Circle Jerks at Wellington's. I played pool with DOA there too after they had a show at Pantages I think. Saw lots of punk bands on Friday nights there. Didn't go to the Royal Albert as much until I was a bit older - I don't think their ID policy was quite as lax. When there wasn't anything going on or we couldn't get in to a bar downtown, my buddy and I would buy a 12 of Old Stock at a vendor down there and drink it in a back lane...or on that ratty couch behind the Blue Note on Main.

The first time I played the Albert was in 1991 when I was 16 and I believe the first time I went there to see a show was in 1990. It was fairly lax back then as long as you weren't acting like an idiot. Maybe being in a band helped. I do recall them getting fined by the MLCC and becoming more strict at one point.

I was quite involved in the scene back then and spent lots of time in the Albert, the Tom Tom/Alternative Cabaret, Wellingtons, the Zoo/Ozzy's.

Great times!

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
The first time I played the Albert was in 1991 when I was 16 and I believe the first time I went there to see a show was in 1990. It was fairly lax back then as long as you weren't acting like an idiot. Maybe being in a band helped. I do recall them getting fined by the MLCC and becoming more strict at one point.

I was quite involved in the scene back then and spent lots of time in the Albert, the Tom Tom/Alternative Cabaret, Wellingtons, the Zoo/Ozzy's.

Great times!

now i'm curious who you are. $5 says i know you.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
y'know I've seen this about 3 times now this spring/summer. Was out as my son's soccer game a month back and a copter was buzzing the field - like maybe less than a hundred feet up...went back and forth four or five times. No idea what he was doing...

Would they be spraying with kids (or anyone) around?

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Haaaaaaaah...

By the end of the hockey season, I'm ready for a break from hockey. The season is so long as it is, and then 2 months of playoff games on top of that. However, we're not even 1/3rd of the way into July and I already find myself missing hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad