OT: Jets Lounge: The Dog Days of Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItchyScratchy77

Jul 1, 2016
Winnipeg
Any recommendations on where I should pick up a bicycle? I need to do cardio and cycling is the only way I can push my cardio system without destroying my hips. I'm hoping for a smaller light bike (i'm only 5'7 and have short legs) so that I can take it on the road with me.

In related news I've lost 16 lbs since November and do feel better. I've been on Diclofenac since then and I'm down to 25 mg a day from 150. About once a week I need 50. But the doctor keeps pushing me to get off of it completely. It's really hard to lose weight and keep my hip pain under control as a truck driver. It's so much easier just to pop a pill.

That bike shop on Henderson and Johnson just did a major expansion. Huge inventory. All kinds of prices.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Well time to lock everything down in the maples, there's going to be riots. I think the police helicopter is already here.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Nice. Its almost a given that any country has some ice hockey even if its just a single rink for skating but I didn't know there was an established league in NZ. Wikipedia time.

We've got a few leagues now! There's the national men's and women's leagues, and I also know that here in Auckland we've got a range of leagues spanning the range of ages and genders.

http://www.nzbhl.com/leagues/teams.cfm?leagueID=23670&clientID=5857
http://aiha.org.nz/

I have skates but lessons and team fees are just too expensive for me to get on board right now, not to mention equipment too. I'd love to join a mixed senior non check team one day though.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
We've got a few leagues now! There's the national men's and women's leagues, and I also know that here in Auckland we've got a range of leagues spanning the range of ages and genders.

http://www.nzbhl.com/leagues/teams.cfm?leagueID=23670&clientID=5857
http://aiha.org.nz/

I have skates but lessons and team fees are just too expensive for me to get on board right now, not to mention equipment too. I'd love to join a mixed senior non check team one day though.

No checking?!!! That's not hockey, that's just figure skating with a stick in your hand. ;)

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Welcome to the latest HFJets Moderator: Romang67!

I do believe this is the first sign of the apocalypse. :D

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL

From now on, there will be three ways of doing things. The right way, the wrong way, and the Romang way. It's akin to the Max Power way, but even faster.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015

wait wait wait.

I'll post a haiku about that one:

Jets select Laine
Huge influx of Finns 'round here
Latest mod: A Swede!
:popcorn:
congrats

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
Despicable-Me-Minion-Saying-What.gif

EastRiver

Jul 1, 2012
Canada
From now on, there will be three ways of doing things. The right way, the wrong way, and the Romang way. It's akin to the Max Power way, but even faster.

What happened? I can think of a lot of things that should have happened before you become mod. :sarcasm:

Also I know it was more of a rhetorical statement but how do we know wha the Romang way is?

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
What happened? I can think of a lot of things that should have happened before you become mod. :sarcasm:

Also I know it was more of a rhetorical statement but how do we know wha the Romang way is?

Given his statement regarding doing things, the right and wrong ways must be considered courses of action, therefore leaving the Romang way as a course of inaction. As Spock would say, it's only logical.

To Romang, is to do nothing. We can run amok when he's on duty! :handclap:

;)

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
Any recommendations on where I should pick up a bicycle? I need to do cardio and cycling is the only way I can push my cardio system without destroying my hips. I'm hoping for a smaller light bike (i'm only 5'7 and have short legs) so that I can take it on the road with me.

In related news I've lost 16 lbs since November and do feel better. I've been on Diclofenac since then and I'm down to 25 mg a day from 150. About once a week I need 50. But the doctor keeps pushing me to get off of it completely. It's really hard to lose weight and keep my hip pain under control as a truck driver. It's so much easier just to pop a pill.

Same recommendations as KillEmAll83 - Alter Ego or Olympia and also Woodcock Cycle.

Keep up the good work! It's a slow process - the weight loss starts to slow down after the easy stuff comes off. Expect a plateau or two, but do not fear as you will probably notice a reduction in size.

Biking is a good way to improve your cardiovascular system as well - without hurting your knees or hips during the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad